What We Love
- A lovingly restored riad in the heart of Marrakech, with breakfast and perks for longer staysThe prime location – within strolling distance of the spice souks and Djemma El Fna square
- The intimate home-away-from-home feel, with only four rooms at the property
- Staying in a lavish, traditional riad, lovingly decorated and styled with impeccable taste
What To Know
- The riad's courtyard has a refreshing plunge pool
- You can arrange traditional Hamman and massage services
- The rooftop terrace is your spot for alfresco breakfasts and mint tea breaks
Positioned in the heart of the Marrakech medina, one of the city’s oldest neighborhoods, Riad Tzarra offers a particularly warm welcome (including mint tea and a handy map) within its carefully restored walls. The painstaking project of renowned architect Christophe Simeon, this gorgeous riad (a traditional Moroccan house with an inner courtyard) boasts a rich decorative style, faithfully following the intricate beauty of the original house, with thoughtful touches that enhance, rather than obscure, its historical features.
You’re encouraged to consider this riad your home away from home during your stay. All four of the bedrooms are designed in an imaginative style and overlook the secluded pillared courtyard, while the exquisitely furnished communal areas, including a high-ceilinged salon with an open fire, add to the mystical ambience. Unwind in the authentic hammam, or climb up to the terrace for a cooling aperitif, with the muted buzz of legendary Djemma El Fna square in the background and the heady aromas of the spice markets wafting over the rooftops.
Each of the four exclusive rooms here is individually decorated and richly furnished to capture the air of a specific region. Choose between Persia, Africa and Colonial, all of which have lovely en-suite bathrooms.
Taken in the bhou (salon) or on the rooftop terrace, a delicious Moroccan breakfast is included in your stay, with freshly squeezed orange juice, yogurt, fruit, a selection of breads and crepes with honey and jam. Enjoy light lunches and authentic, home-cooked three-course Moroccan dinners in the first-floor dining room.
Riad Tzarra sits in Marrakech’s quiet Kaat Benahid neighborhood, in the heart of the medina. It’s a five-minute walk from the Museum of Marrakech, Ben Youssef Mosque and the entrance to the souks, with the spice markets being the closest. You’re also a 10-minute walk from Marraekch’s vast central square, Djemma El Fna, packed day and night with food stalls and performers.
How to Get There
Stayed here for 2 nights and it was amazing. Beautifully decorated and a true oasis in the in the heart of the Médina. It is walking distance to the major sites near the square. We arrived and were served Mint tea which was delicious. Mohamed sat with us and provided good advice on getting around, where to eat and bartering tips. We enjoyed breakfast in the beautiful courtyard of the Riad which was delicious and plentiful.
I recommend requesting for the Riad to organise a taxi for you from the airport as locating it for the first time on arrival to the medina may be tricky. After this we had no problems finding our way.
Book this and you will not be disappointed!!
Great location in Marrakesh Médina. Wonderful staff, great rooms, lovely roof terrace and really peaceful. A lovely tranquil place to stay within the hubbub of the Médina. Staff really helpful, which was important as this was a first visit to Marrakesh; hopefully it won’t be my last!
We stayed here for our last two nights in Morocco. The hotel staff were lovely and helpful from the moment we checked in, to the day that we checked out. We had our laundry done at the hotel, and had the hotel staff help us with bookings at restaurants and organised an airport transfer on the morning that we checked out.
Things we loved:
- Beautiful, newly refurbished riad with nice ensuite and furnishings
- Great location
- Friendly and helpful staff
Things we would have liked to have
- Eggs and more fruits for breakfast, and fresh bread
- The hotel helped us booked an airport transfer for 9am. The porter was meant to come to the hotel to pick up our luggage and bring us to the driver. By 9.15am, we were still waiting in the reception area and there was no sign of the porter. We were getting worried and we had no one to speak to as the hotel management staff was not around. The porter finally turned up at 9.30am. Luckily we had booked the airport transfer half an hour earlier as a contingency. It was clearly a mix up and it would have been nice to have a phone in the hotel which would allowed us to contact the hotel assistant manager
Riad Tzarra is an exceptional boutique hotel, and is one of three owned by Pure Riads in Marrakech. Having previously stayed at another within the group which was fabulous, I was delighted to find that this riad experience was equally pleasurable. It has its own distinct style and personality, providing warm, friendly and polite hospitality and excellent service. It provides superb in-house cuisine and housekeeping, great hammam massages and attentive advice from the manager and wonderful supporting staff.
My stay this time was as part of an excellent and exclusive Pilates retreat provided by Nathalie Clough @asteriapilates #asteriapilates which I highly recommend too. Our small diverse group were delightful, interesting and a joy to spend time with both in class and out enjoying the Marrakech experience.
Riad Tzarra is an elegant, tranquil idyll in the heart of Marrakech, with charming staff for whom nothing is too much trouble. The bedrooms are beautifully appointed, the Moroccan cuisine was delicious and the masseur and hammam were heavenly.
I would return in a heartbeat.