Riad Palais Blanc
What We Love
- A newly opened riad in Marrakech, with a chic all-white aesthetic, a pool and a lovely spa The dazzling white Italian-meets-Moroccan design, both inside and out
- Cooling off in the sparkling hotel pool during the day
- Enjoying a soothing scrub or massage in the authentic hammam
What To Know
- Located in the Medina neighborhood, this riad is well-situated for shopping trips to the souks
- The outdoor pool is open year-round
- Free WiFi is available
- Guestrooms have private bathrooms—something that's often hard to come by in riad-style hotels
- Menara Airport is a 10-minute taxi ride away
A vision in pure dazzling white, the high-end Riad Palais Blanc is a truly peaceful oasis that seems a far cry from the frenetic Marrakech medina a short distance away. A veritable haven of tranquillity, this newly opened establishment has been painstakingly converted from an ancient riad and reincarnated in impeccable style. An exquisite mix of contemporary Italianate design with Moroccan touches, it makes a refreshing change from the rather more traditional offerings elsewhere.
The sweet scent of citrus and the sweet sound of birdsong abounds. Gleaming interiors are beautifully presented in white with golden touches – think cool tiled floors, elegant arches and carved white wooden screens. Large and airy rooms, located over two floors, overlook a sparkling swimming pool lined with sun loungers. Enjoy breakfast or retreat from the heat of the day on your very own veranda, complete with white cushion-strewn sofa, supping on freshly squeezed orange juice or refreshing mint tea.
Elsewhere there’s a serene hammam spa that offers a range of delicious scrubs and massages. Adding to the charm, a restaurant serves top-notch Moroccan and Italian cuisine and a evening lounge bar plays Arab-Andalucian music. Riad Palais Blanc has already received a raft of perfect scores on TripAdvisor, with many more sure to follow.
How to Get There
We reserve seven nights in that hotel, but we couldn't stand it left after tow nights.
The location was very bad soon you go out the scooter and carriages with donkeys everywhere, that's why there is no picture for the entrance or the street where this hotel located.
The breakfast was outside and the bugs all over as it was not covered very well.
We though the service was nice, but soon we ask the receptionist who called Ahmed for requesting a taxi, he order it and make us wait for 20 minutes and the taxi came but asked for 150 for him and 110 for the hotel!! normal taxi will not charged more than 40 Durham.
of course he had done that after asked us nicely to write our opinion about the hotel.
Now when I read the comment I found they have done the same with another couple.
DON'T TRUST THEM, that's my advice no matter how they are nice to you because that what we did.
So if you like to enjoy your trip avoid this hotel.
This hotel is so stunning! Just 14 rooms in such a beautiful atmosphere. You feel like at home because you are treated like if you were their family. Marrakech is such a lively city and also around the hotel. The hotel has a perfect place because you can reach everything within minutes. But when you come into the Riad Palais Blanc it is so relaxing! The air is good, you don’t hear anything from the street and you can just relax in this magical atmosphere. We will definitely come back and not just one time that’s for sure. Big compliment to the whole team!!! Love you guys
We booked here with TravelBird for a short city trip... it is al about peace and silence here, away from the sounds of the city. You feel like a queen here. The riad looks like a fairytale of 1001 nights. The people are al so friendly and help you with everything.
We stayed at this hotel for a night on our way back through Marrakech. The pool is honestly just perfect. They make it the perfect temperature so even on cooler Marrakech days you can swim and enjoy it. After traveling through the desert it was such a wonderful treat to have this pool.
The rooms are gorgeous, we had a suite upstairs and it was lovely. The shower was clogged a bit but we were only there for a night so it wasn't a huge deal. Some other rooms are on the main level. Not sure if these would get loud but it is a Riad so all face in regardless!
The hotel grounds are beautiful and when you walk in you feel like you are in a little oasis with clean colors and a sparkling pool. A note that they don't serve alcohol which was a bit of a bummer with such a pretty pool an ice cold beer sounded nice :) I don't know if this is just because it was Ramadan or year round.
One thing that could be improved on or little amenities. We found we had to go out of our way to get bottles of water. It would be nice if they checked the rooms early evening and added bottles to it so they were there after dinner and also changed the towels out mid-day. This was just a small thing but I think it could really boost up the hotel. We also had the hotel call a taxi service for us but the one they called was a bit confusing and wouldn't give us a price and told us to pay on the return trip. We thought this was weird having taken other taxis but were in a hurry. We ended up getting charged 300 dirhams RT to go 2 miles which was really ridiculous but we couldn't do anything about it. It seemed like the driver was with the hotel but we couldn't tell.
Overall, definitely stay here if you are passing through but just be aware of some of the above items!
My daughter and I stayed here this past March, and we couldn't have been happier. First off, we were treated like queens, Moulay and Ahmed were just wonderful from the moment we walked in, to the moment we left.
1) The Riad and the grounds are a little slice of heaven, conveniently located in the Medina, within walking distance to Jemaa el-Fnaa
2) Our suite and bathroom were huge and impeccably clean. We had a large outdoor terrace by the pool that was flanked by orange trees and curtains for privacy.
3) The pool is wonderful. My daughter and I spent a day just lounging around
4) The (free) breakfast buffet is probably the best breakfast buffet I've ever seen in a hotel. The options are just ridiculous (even by American standards :) The food is amazingly good, varied, and fresh.
5) To top off my stay, I believe checkout time was around noon, I didn't need to leave for the airport until 3:30. Moulay very graciously let us stay until we needed to leave, he even sent a pot of mint tea for my daughter because he knew she liked it when she was tired after an all day hike we had in the Atlas mountains.
In short, not only was this Riad beautiful and conveniently located, the amazing food and personalized service will make it the place I return to when I visit again, and the place I would recommend to friends.