Riad Les Hibiscus
What We Love
- A luxe stay at a charming riad in Marrakech, close to the buzzing Jamaâ El Fna Square Being just a short stroll from the dazzling spectacle that is Jamaâ El Fna Square
- Refined Moroccan décor, with rich colour tones in the guest rooms and suites
- Booking relaxing treatments and traditional therapies in the lovely hammam
What To Know
- Homemade breakfast is a constant highlight
- Super central location, just steps from all the action
- Free WiFi only works in the lobby and main level
A little oasis of calm within the pink-walled medina, this atmospheric riad offers plenty for guests to get excited about. Most appealing, though, is its proximity to Jamaâ El Fna Square – the city’s cultural heartbeat that’s packed out with artisans, musicians, acrobats, fortune tellers, belly dancers, snake charmers, and herbalists selling all sort of weird and wonderful potions.
All of the eight individually-styled guest rooms and suites showcase classic Moroccan design; think bursts of bold colour, soft lighting, richly embroidered fabrics, and tiled flooring enriched with beautiful hand-made rugs. Elsewhere, you’ll find a central courtyard with a small outdoor pool, a bar for end-of-day drinks, and a restaurant for freshly-prepared Moroccan cuisine.
Spend your days haggling for elusive bargains at the nearby souks, visiting the French Quarter for its chic boutiques and trendy restaurants, admiring the Koutoubia Mosque, Ben Youssef Medersa and sumptuous Bahia Palace, and relaxing in Jardin Majorelle – the botanical garden once owned by Yves Saint Laurent. Once done with sightseeing, head back here to undergo a ritual-based purifying and cleansing treatment in the riad’s deluxe hammam.
How to Get There
Really enjoyed our stay at this quaint Riad which is located just a few minutes away from the main square. We were a group of 9 ladies and it felt like we were a house guest rather than staying in a hotel. Lasaan took great care of us all, nothing was too much trouble, he really was a star! Rachid was there on the last day, ending our stay with great service. The rooms were clean and we had extra blankets and quilts if needed. Breakfast was lovely and we really enjoyed the fresh juices and pastries. We also asked for eggs which were provided each morning. I would highly recommend this peaceful Riad and will definitely be staying here again. Thanks to all the staff for making our stay a memorable one!
We had wonderful time at Riad Les Hibiscus, where we stayed for 2 night. After walking through the square and the suk in the way to our Riad (the closest car access is to the square which is about 5 min walk), we were overwhelmed by the amount of people, stores, noise. Arriving to this road located at the end of a narrow alley was welcomed relieve. As soon as the outer doors were closed, we were enveloped with tranquility and hospitality of this place.
What we loved about this Riad:
* the location - very close to the main square
* warm hospitality upon arrival with mint tea and cookies, and a calming voice of the host welcoming us to Marrakech and the Riad
* good home cooked dinner - lemon/chicken tagine dinner that we had dinner n the 2nd night at the Riad which we could smell way in advance as the cook prepared it. (They don’t serve alcohol but you may bring your own.)
* abundant breakfast on both the mornings served by the pool
* lovely calming decor in white/light green colors that made the place look and feel like we’ve arrived home - with unique pieces of local art
* beautiful rooftop terrace that is so high it enables to see the city roofs and the beautiful sunsets
We appreciated feeling welcomed, safe and secure in this Riad.
Thank you for having us! We’ll recommend this place to our friends and family!
My dad and I had a fantastic stay at Riad les hibiscus. We visited for the Marrakech marathon and could not have been happier about our accomodation.
The riad is everything you'd expect from a traditional property recently renovated. It's located a stone's throw for the famous Jemaa El-Fnaa market, in the heart of the Medina.
Our room was super comfortable, warm, cosy and functional. The breakfast was surreal and very filling (especially important for someone preparing for a marathon!)
What makes our stay truly special and enjoyable would have to be the staff - they were all you would hope and more: attentive, knowledgeable, friendly, ready to go the extra mile, and super super helpful.
I fully intend to come back there next time I'll visit Marrakech!