Riad Les Hibiscus
What We Love
- A luxe stay at a charming riad in Marrakech, close to the buzzing Jamaâ El Fna Square Being just a short stroll from the dazzling spectacle that is Jamaâ El Fna Square
- Refined Moroccan décor, with rich colour tones in the guest rooms and suites
- Booking relaxing treatments and traditional therapies in the lovely hammam
What To Know
- Homemade breakfast is a constant highlight
- Super central location, just steps from all the action
- Free WiFi only works in the lobby and main level
A little oasis of calm within the pink-walled medina, this atmospheric riad offers plenty for guests to get excited about. Most appealing, though, is its proximity to Jamaâ El Fna Square – the city’s cultural heartbeat that’s packed out with artisans, musicians, acrobats, fortune tellers, belly dancers, snake charmers, and herbalists selling all sort of weird and wonderful potions.
All of the eight individually-styled guest rooms and suites showcase classic Moroccan design; think bursts of bold colour, soft lighting, richly embroidered fabrics, and tiled flooring enriched with beautiful hand-made rugs. Elsewhere, you’ll find a central courtyard with a small outdoor pool, a bar for end-of-day drinks, and a restaurant for freshly-prepared Moroccan cuisine.
Spend your days haggling for elusive bargains at the nearby souks, visiting the French Quarter for its chic boutiques and trendy restaurants, admiring the Koutoubia Mosque, Ben Youssef Medersa and sumptuous Bahia Palace, and relaxing in Jardin Majorelle – the botanical garden once owned by Yves Saint Laurent. Once done with sightseeing, head back here to undergo a ritual-based purifying and cleansing treatment in the riad’s deluxe hammam.