What We Love
- Traditional Moroccan breakfast and private airport transfers are included in the rate
- Sip mint tea on the roof terrace, gazing past the stork nests on the citadel walls to the Atlas Mountains
- Immense suites with private breakfast areas and large, comfortable lounges dressed with handmade furniture
- Great for couples and honeymooners
- The wonderful hammam is free from 4 to 7 p.m. daily, and extensive treatments are available on request
- The 23-foot swimming pool has an underwater jet stream so you can actually swim
What To Know
- Located in one of the oldest quarters of the medina
- Finding your way back to the riad after dark can be a spooky or exciting experience, depending on your outlook
- No formal restaurant, but meals can be prepared on request
- Stay long enough to explore the city and have quality time in the riad’s irresistibly comfortable suites and attractive facilities
- While children are welcome, it is far from an ideal child habitat: lots of narrow corridors, rambling stairways, split levels and expensive artifacts
- No attendant at the swimming pool
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
With a stay at Riad Farnatchi in Marrakech (Medina), you’ll be minutes from Maison de la Photographie and Marrakesh Museum. This 5-star riad is within close proximity of Ben Youssef Madrasa and Shrob ou Shouf Fountain.
Treat yourself to a stay in one of the 9 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring fireplaces. Your Select Comfort bed comes with Egyptian cotton sheets. Rooms have private furnished balconies. Satellite programming and iPod docking stations are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and designer toiletries.
Take time to pamper yourself with a visit to the full-service spa. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as an outdoor pool, a steam room, and a fitness center. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite to eat at the riad’s restaurant, where you can enjoy drinks at a bar, take in a pool view, and even dine alfresco (weather permitting). You can also stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. A complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast is served daily.
Featured amenities include a computer station, express check-in, and dry cleaning/laundry services. A roundtrip airport shuttle is complimentary (available 24 hours).
How to Get There
Can’t say enough about this amazing place. As others have said, it exceeded our expectations and the location in the old town is ideal. The owner James along with the staff were so hospitable and accommodating - it was as if staying with a family. James greeted us every morning and it was nice to have an English hands-on owner, whom personally made sure that we were being looked after every day. The property itself was beautiful and our suite was spacious and well appointed with all the comforts that you would desire. We also had treatments at the gorgeous spa that were truly exceptional including the traditional Hammam and massages. If not able to stay at the Riad, I’d still treat yourself to the spa one day. We will definitely be back.
Great hospitality, Staff has given attention to details. Loved how each corner was decorated inside the riad suit. Very tranquil place inside Madina. Customer service, location, attention to detail deserves five star rating. We dined at the Farnatchi restaurant I am not recalling the name but it is next door to the riad. Being vegetarian our family was happy to see few vegetarian options. Service was great there as well.
Our family of four two kids and two adults stayed in Riad Farnatchi for three nights.
I really like to shout out for one staff member, do not recall his name (we had overall 17 days trip and met many new faces along the way) he wears glasses (not Walid not Simone)and will be in Riad from afternoon till around 11 pm.
He was genuinely worried about our family being lost in the market, when I asked if there is any WhatsApp number to reach out to since my phone doesn’t work in Marrakech only data does work he offered personal number and when we didn’t return till 10 pm he called us to make sure we were okay and again offered us to pick us up!
I will be highly recommending this place to my friends.
We stayed at Riad Farnatchi for our 20th wedding anniversary, everyone at the Riad was so professional, from James the owner down to the porters nothing was too much trouble.
They arranged our hot air ballon trip and dinner on the terrace, the waiters were so attentive and polite.
James has managed to produce an absolute gem to stay in. Close to the Souk and main square but so quiet at night.our suite was magical with a huge copper bathtub and a great separate shower.
For a real feel of Marrakech please give this Riad a try.