Mandarin Oriental Marrakech
What We Love
- The dreamy Atlas Mountains backdrop
- Direct access to some of Marrakech’s best golf clubs
- The five-acre rose garden
- Spa menu treatments informed by Berber, Thai, and Chinese traditions
- 24-hour in-villa dining
What To Know
- A complimentary shuttle takes hotel guests to Marrakech’s spirited souks
- The hotel is just 15 minutes from Marrakech Menara International Airport
- For younger travelers, children’s books, movies, and electronic games are available at the concierge desk
- The concierge can help facilitate a Land Rover excursion through Berber villages and the Atlas Mountains
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Endless olive groves and jasmine trees lend a distinctly Garden of Eden-like feel to this bewitching resort, a hushed expanse in otherwise frenetic Marrakech. At this walled hideaway, replete with Moorish arcades and courtyards, romance is practically a prerequisite. Paths are dotted with dainty tea lights, the air seems perpetually scented with rose and orange blossom, and there’s even an onsite champagne bar. Dial up the euphoria at the spa (which includes a couples’ suite) where the black salt exfoliations, saffron scrubs, and milk baths might leave you so relaxed that all you can manage afterwards is a lazy meal—a succession of creatively reimagined Moroccan classics— before retiring to your villa, which the staff light with flickering lanterns.
Each of the 54 villas here is astonishingly private and comes with its own pool, Jacuzzi, and outdoor shower. The signature villas are modeled after miniature riads and swathed in a royal fusion of cream and mahogany, with latticework screens and infinity pools lined with black zellij tiles.
Herbivores flock to the Pool Garden for its Mediterranean veggie-centric dishes, best enjoyed outdoors—but evening meals are a must at Mes’Lalla, where a Paul Bocuse-trained chef offers a visionary take on Maghreb staples like pastilla and tagine.
You’d never know you’re just a 20-minute drive from the chaotic city center, a lively square that teems with snake charmers, henna artists, and live musicians. Other easily accessible landmarks include the Majorelle Garden, a 12-acre botanical paradise and archaeological museum. The property is just 15 minutes from Marrakech Menara International Airport.
How to Get There
I have to say, the most amazing rooms I have had the pleasure to stay in.
Walk in and open air pool awaits your personal use with a jacuzzi at the end, which happens to be straight outside your bedroom doors!!!
Electric switch opens and closes the blinds, raises and lowers the tv in the foot of your bed, huge relaxing room inside, with bed outside too and relaxing chairs.
Shower / Steamroom big enough for 4 maybe more people, and an outside shower too!
So private you can literally walk, swim shower completely naked!!!
Service from staff impeccable, friendly beyond belief, so helpful.
Truly the greatest stay I have had anywhere in the world so far.
Worth the price and more.
Fantastic hotel, great service all very polite. We stayed in a pool villa. It was amazing. Worth every penny spent. We will definitely come back!
Thank you all for a great stay!!!
Just an advice. Don’t eat anything from the open markets in the souk. They stay uncovered all night and many small animals visit them! 🤐
This hotel is incredible. We stayed in one of the pool villas. Living room is nice and spacious, bedroom is super nice and you can walk round into tour private pool or jacuzzi from the bedroom.
Bathroom is big with nice spacious bath, shower and Hamilton.
The courtyard of the villa has a tea corner, saloon, multiple seats, sun beds...
The villa has all modern domotica you can think off, Apple TV, Bose sound system,...
Because of the fact that the villa is so exceptional, sometimes little details in finishing stood somewhat out, but great stay. All villas are isolated, so you can enjoy the quietness...
We spent some time at the public pool and the gardens that are just wonderful.
This is a must do!
Just spent a short break in Marrakech. However normally staying in Four Seasons, we chose for Mandarin Oriental this time.
The premises are absolutely stunning and absolutely match the pictures on the web. Stayed in a lot of nice hotels so far, but have to admit never had a more spacious and more beautiful room as this one! On top, very good breakfast.
However, though even more expensive than Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental can learn a lot from their client approach, overall service and management:
- They offer a complimentary meet & great at the airport with a special fast track service. This is a joke. We queued up for over an hour with about 100 other people. Nothing personal about it.
- At the pool there is absolutely no service. If you want a drink during the day, you can go and fetch the menu yourself. Staff is just hiding. If you finally manage to place a simple order of 1 milkshake vanilla and 1 coffee, you get a milkshake banana and 1 chocolate. For water, you have to pay.
- Overall service is impersonal, after 2 days staff still does not remember your name and does not know in which language to approach you.
- Asking the concierge to make us a lunch reservation in Palais Namaskar the next day, she warned us we would be disappointed about the experience because apparently they were struggling with some issues lately. So, I told her about our disappointment in MO. She specifically asked me about the food & beverage manager and I told her honestly his presence only made things worse. She would take it up with the general manager. Nothing happened. Only, 2 days later at breakfast, we were awaited by the food & beverage manager who wanted to know about our dissatisfaction and why we had a problem with him??!! Strange and uncomfortable way of dealing with customers. We were offered a free lunch to make up for the inconveniences and were literally stalked the rest of the day by this guy and his staff. It was embarrassing and annoying at the same time.
So far for MO’s oriental hospitality.
Everything is first class. The size and quality of the rooms through to the food and service. We were here for a week and after a few days all staff seemed to not only know our names but how we liked our coffee. Ling Ling restaurant is amazing. Not cheap (€100 per head) but worth every penny. (The club sandwich by the pool is fantastic but is it worth €29 ?).we ate at Ling Ling twice. My son had wok fried tenderloin first time but left the handful of sliced ginger root. He repeated his order the second visit and I followed suit... But his had no ginger in whereas mine did. This is the attention they have. Having said that our fruit bowl was replaced once and then removed on day 3 and not replaced.... The staff were always asking if we needed anything but being English would not mention this issue of course...... The free transfer to local golf clubs was really good ( and efficient) and the buggy pick up and drop off to the villas great when we had inclement weather.