Les 5 Djellabas
What We Love
- Rate includes ground airport transfers, free WiFi, daily breakfast (of a Moroccan or international menu) and VAT
- Sprawling olive grove gardens romantically lit by lanterns at night
- The exotic, traditional-meets-contemporary architecture and design of the property by Thierry Isnardon
- A long slate-blue swimming pool framed by palm trees
- Ten independent bungalows, complete with four-poster beds, fireplaces and roll-top baths with views of the garden
- There’s no spa or hammam, but in-room and alfresco beauty and massage treatments are available
What To Know
- For guests who book three nights or more, the rate includes one return transfer from the city center
- Top-level golf is one of the big draws of Les Cinq Djellabas, but it’s not on the doorstep — guests have access to five courses (ranging from 18 to 24 holes) located 20 to 45 minutes away by car
- Better suited to couples looking to escape from reality for a few days than families with kids
- Being outside the Palmeraie proper, you are somewhat isolated, so you’ll need to rent a car or rely on local taxi or car services to get around
- Top-flight cooking combines traditional Moroccan dishes with lighter European options, but the menu is fairly small
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Les 5 Djellabas in Marrakech (Palm Groves), you’ll be close to Museum Palmeraie. This 4-star guesthouse is within the vicinity of Palmeraie Golf and Bab Debbagh.
Make yourself at home in one of the 10 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and minibars. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and DVD players are provided for your entertainment. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and ceiling fans.
Enjoy recreation amenities such as an outdoor pool or take in the view from a garden. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and a hair salon.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the guesthouse’s room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour front desk, multilingual staff, and a library. A roundtrip airport shuttle is complimentary (available on request), and a train station pick-up service is also provided at no charge.
How to Get There
We could not have found a better place to stay in Marrakesh. This hotel is absolutely charming. We stayed in our own private hut. It was super romantic and the interior design was beautiful. The property is gorgeous and the staff went over and above to make sure our stay was absolutely wonderful. We can't wait to come back again very soon.
We stayed here in mid February 2019 and absolutely loved it. We arrived late at night and were picked up at the airport by the hotel and welcomed by a wonderful member of staff.
The setting is beautiful and peaceful, perfect for relaxing! The rooms are gorgeous and comfortable and the pool is stunning.
All of the staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming, going above and beyond to help us booking restaurants/taxis/recommending experiences within Marrakesh. Nothing was ever too much for them.
We would 100% recommend Les Cinq Djellabas and would love to return one day!
Thank you again for a wonderful trip!
Ed and Louise
Small hotel, ten bungalows in a lovely garden. One of the nicest pools we've enjoyed with enough good quality loungers/sun beds to accommodate all if the hotel is full. Not in Marrakesh, but quieter for this. We went into the city a couple of times & this needs a car transfer, for which you need to allow funds & time.
Service is excellent, staff very friendly & quickly remembered our preferences on breads etc. The menu is small but all done well. Ordering food in advance is strange initially, but understandable in exchange for excellent quality. Rooms large, well appointed & clean. A great place for a relax by the pool in sunshine in January!
On the positive side: this hotel has a nice pool, beautiful huts and friendly staff.
On the negative side:
the value for money is not acceptable.
upon entering our room we saw the remains of our predecessors: dirty toilet, hair on the bed. Furthermore, the room was cold and took a day to heat up to acceptable temperatures. Also, the wifi did not work. We had to ask the staff multiple times to fix it until they actually did.
Moreover, we booked a package that included a trip to the Atlas in a 4x4 vehicle. The guide was friendly, but not a guide. He did not provide any explanations at the places we stopped beyond their names. Furthermore, the car was not a 4x4 but a regular van. This is not to blame the driver (who was nice) but the hotel that did not deliver as agreed.
The breakfast we got is not appropriate for a hotel of this price. We were given a choice of continental and moroccan breakfast. We tried both - and they were exactly the same. The breakfast was very basic and the portion served not enough for 2 people. There were no eggs, no ham/sausage, no cheese, no cereals - all standard in hotels of this price level (even in Europe). We ordered more food and an omlette which they charged extra.
Upon checkout they converted the price agreed in EUR into dirham at a rate 5% above market. A further rip-off unacceptable to us. Furthermore, they charged food & beverage items not consumed by us.
The location is a 30min drive away from the city center. Nothing around - you always need to take the shuttle.
Overall, the hotel is massively overpriced. We got a better standard of service at hotels charging 20% of the price.
Just returned from a three night stay with family to celebrate a 50th birthday, we took 8 rooms, the staff are amazing, friendly and very helpful. Would be a great place to take over for a small party... the pool bar would be perfect. Lovely oasis, away from the madness of Marrakech centre, very chilled vibe. Would highly recommend.