Les 5 Djellabas
What We Love
- Rate includes ground airport transfers, free WiFi, daily breakfast (of a Moroccan or international menu) and VAT
- Sprawling olive grove gardens romantically lit by lanterns at night
- The exotic, traditional-meets-contemporary architecture and design of the property by Thierry Isnardon
- A long slate-blue swimming pool framed by palm trees
- Ten independent bungalows, complete with four-poster beds, fireplaces and roll-top baths with views of the garden
- There’s no spa or hammam, but in-room and alfresco beauty and massage treatments are available
What To Know
- For guests who book three nights or more, the rate includes one return transfer from the city center
- Top-level golf is one of the big draws of Les Cinq Djellabas, but it’s not on the doorstep — guests have access to five courses (ranging from 18 to 24 holes) located 20 to 45 minutes away by car
- Better suited to couples looking to escape from reality for a few days than families with kids
- Being outside the Palmeraie proper, you are somewhat isolated, so you’ll need to rent a car or rely on local taxi or car services to get around
- Top-flight cooking combines traditional Moroccan dishes with lighter European options, but the menu is fairly small
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Les 5 Djellabas in Marrakech (Palm Groves), you’ll be close to Museum Palmeraie. This 4-star guesthouse is within the vicinity of Palmeraie Golf and Bab Debbagh.
Make yourself at home in one of the 10 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and minibars. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and DVD players are provided for your entertainment. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and ceiling fans.
Enjoy recreation amenities such as an outdoor pool or take in the view from a garden. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and a hair salon.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the guesthouse’s room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour front desk, multilingual staff, and a library. A roundtrip airport shuttle is complimentary (available on request), and a train station pick-up service is also provided at no charge.
How to Get There
Hotel Les Cinq Djellabas was the best placed that we stayed during our trip to Marrakech for two weeks. The staff were excellent. They were friendly, attentive, organised and hardworking. We couldn't fault them, especially after mixed experiences elsewhere.
Our was super spacious with a living area plus a big bathroom. It was super quiet and tranquil. We didn't have any disturbances. The WiFi was really good, unlike the other places we stayed. We had breakfast outside our hut every morning which was a great way to start the day. There's lot of birds which provided nice atmospheric noise with the sun rising. The breakfast was good, especially the Moroccan pancakes. The TV didn't have many channels, which was the only negative.
The pool was great - it was heated so we could go for a swim first thing in the morning or in the evening when the sun was setting. There's a pool house with lots of books, a fireplace, lots of casual seating. We spent our evenings there playing cards. It was relaxing and complimented the Riad's vibe. You can order drinks to the pool from the pool house.
The restaurant was good - we had come from a desert camp where only tajine was served so we tried to avoid tajine. We really enjoyed everything we ate. Our favourite was the calamari dish.
Amazing value great staff and the food is excellent
the grounds are really beautiful and pool is special as heated
rooms are big and have everything and the staff can not do enough
only draw back is that it is 15 mins into the medina but the upside is that it is quirt
A wonderful and relaxing luxury property 20 minutes outside of the city. Nothing was ever too much to ask. Great food, great accommodation and great service. We miss it already! Highly recommended - thank you for a wonderful stay!