Hôtel & Ryads Barrière Le Naoura
What We Love
- Supercentral location just outside the medina convenient for both the old and new city
- Spacious outdoor swimming pool for whiling away hot afternoons
- Personal trainers in fitness center if you want to stay fit — and a spa if you want to indulge
What To Know
- You will hear the call to prayer from the Koutoubia Mosque — light sleepers, bring earplugs
- This place is a kid-magnet, thanks to the Diwi & Co Kids’ Club, even a Kids’ Spa
- Ground floor terraces are in view of hotel guests walking past — higher floors have more privacy
- Pets are welcome
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
An ochre-walled compound arranged around a lushly landscaped central pool, this luxury spa hotel is a world unto itself with hammams, butler service and a choice of two restaurants (Fouquet’s Marrakech is a French brasserie that also serves Moroccan specialties while the pool-restaurant, Le Wardya, is known for its buffets of international fare). Choose from 78 rooms (all with their own terrace), seven larger suites and 26 over-the-top ryads (three- to seven-bedroom complexes inspired by local palaces, each with its own private pools and gardens).
In the Area
With the hotel located just outside the gates of the Medina — the world’s original shopping mecca — you’re perfectly placed to take in the sights, sounds and smells of the spice and craft stalls. Culture vultures can walk to two historic mosques (the Mouassine and the Koutoubia, the largest in Morocco), Dar El Bacha palace, the Majorelle botanical gardens and Jemaa el-Fna Square, Marrakech’s main plaza. Hotel staff will also arrange car excursions for golf, tennis or fishing and to visit desert sand dunes or the boho seaside city of Essaouira.
How to Get There
To honest, we have visited this hotel 2 times during the new year period.
We booked the hotel. We got the confirmation. Later on, in December, before our holiday to start, we got a phone call that we need to pay the full amount at once. Otherwise, the cannot guarantee a room, despite the booking confirmation and deposit. We became angry. Of course, we made a lot of phone calls. The reason is always the same: who knows if you come or no?! But, sorry to mention, when you have all credit card details and confirmation?! What argument was it?! In case of no show, the hotel has the full right to share the full amount. What is a problem?! Have we received the answer: no.
Upon your arrival, you will be offered a wet serviette to clean your hands and as a welcoming drink and it is not a joke, a cup of mint tea.
Do not expect that sb will lead you to the room. Enjoy your 5 star hotel experience wondering in order to find your room.
The rooms are ok, but nothing more a European standard.
The breakfast is really poor. The slogan: do you want your breakfast?! Get up early! At 9.30 you will find empty plates and of course nobody cares to refill them, poor choice for breakfast. I would say: breakfast hostel style.
For sure, somebody might say: it is all unimportant.
Let us explore some exiting,in a negative way, moments:
1: Nobody will show you the room, you need to wander and search for it. Ok, for sb it might be unimportant.
2: Our assigned room was on the first floor, facing the swimming pool. What might be a surprise one might ask. So, we discover the next evening, by chance, that sb tried to get inside our room. It was impossible to close window door. There were the signs of distorted frame. We called the receptionist. Of course, the Unser was very sufficient: we do not have staff right now, the hotel is safe. Advice: do not care: sleep with an open window on the first floor where everyone can get in and enjoy using your things. Of course, insurance will not cover your case. So we put a chair to block the window for a night. We were lucky, nobody appeared.
3. The following morning a lady and a man appear to fix the lock of the window frame. After 30 min they were ready to leave informing us that the lock had been repaired. My boyfriend asked me to control. Of course, it was not repaired. Arguments of the staff: before it was closed, but now it is open. I believe, this answer was helpful, we asked them to re repair it agin, after some effort, it was done. Of cause, everyone could see the signs of damaged window frame that sb was trying to get inside. Advice: do not leave anything valuable inside your room.
4. We decided to speak with so called managers. I believe they used to work as waiters in the past. Snobbish, unfriendly, and of cause, without any knowledge. We informed them about our experience. Resolution: zero. But to be honest(!!!), as a compensation we were offered a plastic brochettes. A small cosmetic bag. Morocco is well known for leather, but?!. They said that it is all what could be done for use. Shame!!!
Do you believe it was all?! Of course not!!!
5. We needed to set off early in the morning as the flight was the early one. We decided to pay the bill in the evening, to have no stress in the morning. The staff offered us breakfast in the room at 6.am. He asked what we would like to have, noted all. Of course, do not expect to get it. So, nobody served it as we had expected. While leaving in the morning, in a very sarcastic way, we said thank you for your breakfast which we had not received. Of course, we have not heard any apologies.
6. So, the next step! We needed to get to the airport my taxi. As everyone knows, people in Morocco are tricky, trying to cheat tourists on each corner, that is why, we checked the price on the internet. Of course, nobody from the staff could call the taxi. So, two porters went out and tried to catch a taxi. Many taxis overcrowded with people stopped to get us inside. So, it means sharing a taxi and pay the same amount as if you were drinking alone. The porters said: it is always like this trying to get rid of us. When we managed to catch a free taxi, the taxi driver wanted to charge much more, even if the price is fixed. The porters said that it would be impossible. To get a cheaper one. Long discussions with the porters. Of course, we stopped another taxi on our own and paid a fixed price.
I cannot recommend it.
I want to thank Ms. Khaoli and her entire staff! Also thanks to Mohammed and his team at the pool restaurant. They all did such a great job at making me feel comfortable, welcome and at home during my one month stay. I plan to return for another month next year!
We stayed in a fabulous Junior suite which has 2 bathrooms and dressing room, Nespresso machine and the most comfortable bed ever ! This hotel is a GEM 💎, peaceful beautiful oasis right by the Square ( 5 mins walk max). Breakfasts were fabulous, lunch by poolside and drinks and service were all amazing. We chose to eat at Fouquets twice on site and both meals were stunning. All the staff (which I have named on previous reviews) are still the same staff we met 5 years ago, they go out of their way to do anything they can for you. Hicham the Hotel Manager was extremely helpful and looked after us very well as we are retuning guests, which was lovely too ! We have just got home and booked to come back with our 3 boys in October so they can experience what we love about Marrakesch and this wonderful hotel and staff. Thank you very much for a fabulous trip. Don’t stay anywhere else... PERFECTION all round if you stay here... looking forward to seeing you in a few months again. 👌
We had a junior suite which was ok. You get one fruit basket when you arrive. Eaten fruit is not replaced old fruit is left until basket is empty. With all the oranges growing which are cheap I would have expected fruit to be replaced, would have been a nice cheap touch but no.
During 4 nights we did not sleep one without being disturbed until 2300 or later by loud music and especially basses coming from probably the bar 2 floors below. It echoed through the room making it hard to get to sleep.
Then last night because having to catch early flight I called the concierge at 22:10 to ask to then off or down the music. Lots of excuses and promised to act immediately. Nothing was done. Called again at 22:40 or so and asked to speak to the manager. She called me back after a short while and promised the same. Promise only because the low humming and basses continued as each night.
Never again! A riad in noisy souk is quieter at night.
The service is just smiles here.
The staff is the best. Great service, very welcoming and detail oriented.
Rooms are modern and spacious, food is very nice. the location is central and at the same time peaceful I recommend mainly in summer as the pool is very big.