Hôtel & Ryads Barrière Le Naoura
What We Love
- Supercentral location just outside the medina convenient for both the old and new city
- Spacious outdoor swimming pool for whiling away hot afternoons
- Personal trainers in fitness center if you want to stay fit — and a spa if you want to indulge
What To Know
- You will hear the call to prayer from the Koutoubia Mosque — light sleepers, bring earplugs
- This place is a kid-magnet, thanks to the Diwi & Co Kids’ Club, even a Kids’ Spa
- Ground floor terraces are in view of hotel guests walking past — higher floors have more privacy
- Pets are welcome
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
An ochre-walled compound arranged around a lushly landscaped central pool, this luxury spa hotel is a world unto itself with hammams, butler service and a choice of two restaurants (Fouquet’s Marrakech is a French brasserie that also serves Moroccan specialties while the pool-restaurant, Le Wardya, is known for its buffets of international fare). Choose from 78 rooms (all with their own terrace), seven larger suites and 26 over-the-top ryads (three- to seven-bedroom complexes inspired by local palaces, each with its own private pools and gardens).
In the Area
With the hotel located just outside the gates of the Medina — the world’s original shopping mecca — you’re perfectly placed to take in the sights, sounds and smells of the spice and craft stalls. Culture vultures can walk to two historic mosques (the Mouassine and the Koutoubia, the largest in Morocco), Dar El Bacha palace, the Majorelle botanical gardens and Jemaa el-Fna Square, Marrakech’s main plaza. Hotel staff will also arrange car excursions for golf, tennis or fishing and to visit desert sand dunes or the boho seaside city of Essaouira.
How to Get There
- the staff is wonderful, always so nice and trying to do its best. This is what makes the stay nice, otherwise it would not be good value to stay in this hotel. This is true everywhere, from the front desk, to the concierge, the maintenance, the restaurant, the house cleaning teams etc
- the rooms are comfortable, and for the ones on the ground floor, the little garden in front is nice to enjoy
- the swimming pool is fantastic, big enough to be able to swim while others play
- the location is great as it is 10mn away from main square and close to the medina
To improve :
- the restaurants are to be avoided : it can take over one hour to get one dish served, the menu is not very varied. And sometimes the food is good, sometimes bad. In the evening, there is almost no one at the Fouquet's and there are tacky shows that are not at all suitable for such an environment and prices.
- the rooms are getting old. Painting is cracked in the bathrooms, the TV is something like from the 1990's and very hard to navigate
- the management is not taking the right decisions : the TV controller was so old we could not even read the numbers and menus anymore. The staff told us it was not possible to buy new ones and we had to figure out which touch was which.
The hotel is beautiful, and has well-appointed rooms with all the necessary amenities, including minibar, hair dryer and free wife. The hotel has a pool with ample seating areas, as well as meeting rooms. The dining room offered a wide variety of choices for breakfast. The hotel is a short walk from an artists' cooperative selling Moroccan crafts of various kinds (leather goods, mosaics, wood crafts, paintings, clothing). The hotel is also ideally located within walking distance (15-20 minutes) of the medinah and main market place, and the famous Djemaa el Fna Square.
What can I say - loved this place.
Staff were amazing, the facilities awesome and the food was expertly prepared and delicious.
The rooms are well appointed, clean and comfortable.
But the best bit, just a 5 minute walk from the Souks, the main square and no taxis required.
Amazing. 10 out of 5!!!
And being so close to everything, you might think noisy??? Not one bot of it...so tranquil, an oasis in the middle of the busiest part of Marrakech.
Go stay, you won't be left disappointed.
10 minutes by foot from Koutoubia Mosque.
Very nice Hotel, high-standing.
Heated outdoor pool (29°C).
Pool towels servicing and bar.
Reception theme so chic, paintings, statues, piano.
Famous Fouquet's restaurant for breakfast, lunch, dinner.
Beautiful rooms and suites.
Fruits and water are at your disposal every day in your room.
We have been upgrated in a suite close to the pool with a large terrace. We had two bathrooms, one with a bath tube, the other one with shower room.
Closets at the entrance.
Staff very kind and professional.
Spa very relaxing. We enjoyed 30min hammam massage.
Aquatic course kind of small.
The last morning, we asked for a room-service-breakfast. It was just perfect.
Negative feed-back about their lights in the room and the TV remote controls.
Requesting more american tv channels also.
We just returned from a 10 day stay at the Naoura and Laurent Garrido the General Manager , Hicham Halouani the Directeur Hebergement, Imad and Abdelaziz at breakfast, Annas at the pool as well as the ENTIRE team has done it again!
They have made our stay an exceptional one in every way. We felt special from beginning to the end.The Naoura , our home away from home in Marrakech is at the TOP of the Luxury hospitality chain.
Do not hesitate to choose the Naoura, you will be very happy you did.
A BIG thank you to the entire team for making our stay memorable, we will be back soon!