Hotel & Ryad Art Place Marrakech
What We Love
- A deluxe room or decadent suite at an authentic art-filled riad near Djemaa El Fna
- Staying so close to Djemaa El Fna, so you can easily dip in and out of the action
- The traditional aesthetic of the rooms and suites
- Haggling in the souks for souvenirs and keepsakes
What To Know
- The rooftop pool overlooks the bustling streets of Marrakech
- Book airport transfers in advance
- The property opened in March 2015
- Free WiFi
Centrally located in Marrakech, Hotel & Ryad Art Place Marrakech is minutes from Koutoubia Minaret and Medersa Ben Youssef. This 5-star riad is within close proximity of Marrakesh Museum and Bahia Palace.
Make yourself at home in one of the 28 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Enjoy recreation amenities such as an outdoor pool or take in the view from a rooftop terrace. Additional amenities at this riad include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the riad’s room service (during limited hours). Mingle with other guests at a complimentary reception, held daily.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include express check-in, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours).
How to Get There
Very comfortable quiet Ryad overlooking the Place Jemaa El Fna. The manager and staff were extremely helpful offering all the advice we needed during our 3 day stay. Excellent food. This a Ryad is highly recommended.
Before I wrote this review I just checked the 1 star reviews as I was shocked to see any could be attributed to this hotel and I soon realised these are 2 years old. Clearly there's been a change of owner or something because this hotel and experience is fantastic - it really is! Those 1 star reviews should be removed because they're so out of date and out of kilter to this hotel's present standing.
We went with another couple and were x2 hours early for check-in so they took our bags no problem and we wandered around one of the the souks getting our bearings and then came back and a had welcome drink (Morocco Tea) and a tour of the hotel showing us where everything is etc.
Rooms were spacious and very well presented and cleaned every day - no complaints whatsoever in that respect.
Location as mentioned by others is in a corner of the Medina which is great, sat on the roof by the pool you can glimpse the market and hear the hustle and bustle but in your rooms it's silent!
Breakfast is great - loads of fresh fruit, European foods as well as local food so something for everyone. Even a chef on standby to make pancakes or omelettes to order.
Swimming pool a little small but nice for cooling down and there's even a small gym if you feel up to it!
Staff all smiling and helpful and couldn't do enough for us - not that we're demanding but they printed our return boarding passes and helped with luggage, or something as simple as swapping our 200 dirham notes down to smaller currency made a difference!
Whilst we were exploring & waiting for our check-in they sorted out a local guide to take us on a tour so we could better understand what Marrakech is all about - I absolutely 100% recommend doing this as soon as possible because the tour guide was excellent (Abdul Kojak - pretty sure that's not his real surname he gave us, but he was bald!!) and it gave us the confidence to walk around and know what we're dealing with. I think it was about £10pp but money well spent for about 4 hours tour of the north of the city.
Would definitely recommend this hotel (and the guide) to any friends or people going to Marrakech, no complaints at all.
Thank you for making it a great experience.
The hotel is tucked away in a corner of the Medina and the rooftop terrace overlooks the action - can can sit in the sun and watch the whole spectacle unfold as the sunsets. It is literally on the main square where there are stalls, and street food and entertainment. First class location. The rooms themselves are around an inner courtyard so protected from the noise and very tranquil. The pool is small and beautifully clean (not busy the entire three days we were there). The staff are so helpful and gave excellent advice on what to expect in the city. Breakfast was superb - freshly cooked omelettes and pancakes, beautiful fresh juice, bread and delicacies. Absolutely worth the 5 stars.
I can attest and confirm that the 5 star reviews are reflective of the hotel and experience!
1) Location: right on the main square, so convenient to everything! However because the rooms face an interior courtyard, you cannot hear the constant din of the square when you are in your clean and luxurious room!
2) Staff: I had corresponded via email with the Front Desk Executive, Youssef (and he is deserving of the title, he is more than the Front Desk Manager). He was very informative before our visit (arranged for the ground transport from the airport to the front door of the hotel (25 euros, as of Feb 2019)- all travelers should take advantage of this option) and you can tell that he has trained all of the staff to work as a team and cater to the guests. All of the staff that I encountered were professional and friendly and this is a testament to the hiring, training and vigilance by Youssef (good luck on the half marathon!).
3) Breakfast Included: variety and very tasty- a rare combination in a hotel breakfast buffet. Lots of options to suit all tastes and preferences. i actually drifted to the Moroccan dishes over the course of our stay- all of the food is made by the hotel and it is very tasty!!
4) Rooms: we had a Junior Suite (as a recall they offered 3 classes of rooms- with the Junior being the middle). it was very clean, they had fresh rose petals on the bed and tables- my spouse absolutely adored these touches. Service was impeccable! Bath robes and slippers were provided.
5) Internet was free and high speed. It was better then the wifi we had in our Paris hotel.. We were able to facetime with family with no issues/lags.
There is a rooftop pool, but we did not have time to enjoy it...
Marrakech is such a unique city, full of experiences, and the Ryad Art Place is the perfect location from which to explore and then return to peace, cleanliness, serenity- an Oasis!!!
From Arrival to Departure it was a pleasure.
Rooms were well appointed, clean and kept for the duration of our 5 nights.
The staff from reception, door and waiting staff were always very pleasant and made us feel welcome and nothing was a problem.
Additional local advice and great recommendations for restaurants with booking and poolside reservations made for us.