What We Love
- A Zen-like waterfront hotel near San Francisco, Napa Valley and Sonoma County, with a suite option
- Admiring an unforgettable sunset over the water
- Enjoying a book in the hotel’s scenic sitting area, by the bay
- Taking a hike or drive up Mount Tamalpais, Marin County’s impressive peak
- Borrowing the hotel’s complimentary bikes to explore the Bayside Trail
What To Know
- The hotel is situated near a major highway; you may hear traffic noise from your guestroom
- Free WiFi
- The hotel arranges an evening wine service
There’s another spectacular city by the bay, just across the Golden
Gate. San Francisco’s neighbor to the north is home to breathtaking
views, noteworthy dining and California-cool sophistication, and Acqua
Hotel is the perfect place to appreciate these incredible surroundings.
in Mill Valley, beside the tranquil Richardson Bay, the property is a
contemporary oasis, brimming with serene comforts and exceptional
service, which have earned it plenty of ardent reviews and a TripAdvisor
Certificate of Excellence. Inspired by the local land, sea and sky, the
hotel combines soft blues and greens to zen-like effect, with a modern
spiral staircase that leads down to a peaceful waterfront.
Marin County locale boasts a wide range of exciting sights and
diversions to discover, too; home to the impressive Mount Tamalpais, the
Point Reyes National Seashore, Muir Woods and a host of Pacific vistas
to the west, the area is a wanderer’s delight. It’s also a foodie
paradise, with leading wineries or restaurants north, south and east –
so after you drink it all in, it’s time to eat.
A few things are assured in your accommodation at
Acqua: clean lines, neutral tones and soft sheeting under down
comforters, as well as a range of conveniences. Beyond that, you can
change up your abode as you wish. The Deluxe Queen room is a cozy 150
square-foot option with a queen bed, located at the north or south end
of the hotel; the Deluxe Queen Queen and Deluxe King are also located in
this area and each measure in at 215 square feet.For a roomier
floor plan, opt for the Junior Suite Water View, a luxurious
300-square-foot space with a separate living area, king bed and
floor-to-ceiling windows, offering impressive panoramic views of Mt.
Tamalpais and Richardson Bay. These also get an iPod docking station
with alarm clock and a soaking tub, along with a shower.
Valley is just 15 minutes from the Golden Gate Bridge, in the heart of
gorgeous Marin County. The hotel is easily accessible off Highway 101,
which runs north directly through Sonoma Wine Country, and there’s no
shortage of things to do and places to explore. Borrow the hotel’s
bicycles and check out the bayside trail, or visit nearby Muir Woods and
Mount Tamalpais (Mount Tam, to the locals), which is especially magical
at sunrise and sunset.California is home to some of the world’s
best restaurants, and many of these are also easily accessible from
Mill Valley. Sonoma and Napa to the north, San Francisco to the south
and the stunning Pacific coast to the west place Marin in the heart of a
How to Get There
We enjoy staying at the Acqua while doing business and visiting family in the Marin area. The rooms facing the water are lovely, especially in the early morning hours and again in the evening as the clouds roll over Mt Tam. The location is convenient to the highway; however once in the hotel, it is quiet and peaceful. The staff are always friendly and accommodating and of course the morning breakfast and evening happy hour provide great value. I cannot recommend the Acqua enough.
What a wonderful tranquil hotel. We loved our large room on the 3rd floor. Very clean and quiet. Large soaking tube was a plus. Beautiful view of the bay and hillside, very reminisce of being in Europe. All the staff were so friendly. We will definitely stay here again.
I've stayed for long spells at a time at this truly wonderful Hotel...
1. You are treated like family by every staff member...Always attentive...Whatever your needs they try their best to accommodate...
2. Full breakfast served every morning...You name it they have it for you...
3. Wine & Cheese from 5pm-7pm...After 7pm you need a glass of wine just ask..All part of the service...
4. Fresh baked cookies after 7pm till they run out...
5. Bright high ceiling rooms with terrific views of Mt Tam and Richardson Bay...
My wife and I cannot say enough about our stay at Acqua...
We've stayed in a ton of Hotels and we rank this among the very best...
Anytime we're in Mill Valley we'll be staying at Acqua...