Six Senses Fiji
What We Love
- The 82-foot beachfront infinity pool
- Cocktail-making kits in your villa
- The Pacific Ocean-flavored tasting menu at Tovolea, the resort’s all-day dining spot
- Gold-leaf facials at the holistic spa
What To Know
- The 120-acre property is entirely solar powered
- Part of the 2000 Tom Hanks film, Castaway, was filmed here
- The festive welcome here consists of a lively bula drum performance
- Guests can pick fresh eggs from the onsite chicken farm before (complimentary) breakfast
- Free WiFi
- Room Service
Eco-minded all-villa paradise on a remote Fijian island, with its own beachfront infinity pool, holistic spa, and breakfast included
Not a single lava stone was left unturned when this bucket-list worthy Malolo Island beachfront community opened for business in 2018. For starters, there’s a full-service marina, an onsite ice cream hut that hands out complimentary round-the-clock scoops, a tennis court, and an outdoor theater surrounded by swaying palms. Each of the 34 extravagant thatched-roof villas is furnished with its own plunge pool, fully-equipped kitchen, and sun-speckled deck with views of nearby Vunabaka Bay. The adventure menu is as robust as the relaxation options here: choose from a PADI course, partake in the resort’s ongoing coral restoration project (guests can help plant a portion of the reef), engage in treetop yoga, or simply drift away on a sunset sail all while being serenaded by local acoustic musicians. The ultimate unwind awaits at the coconut-scented spa, where over-the-top accouterments like an alchemy bar (ideal for whipping up your own wellness potions) and bespoke holistic treatments, fueled with tropical fruit from the resort’s own garden, take seaside idyll to new heights.
In the Area
As part of the Mamanuca Island chain, a volcanic archipelago to the west of Fiji’s main city, Nadi, Malolo Island is situated 15 miles from the country’s international airport (for a fee, the resort can arrange for private minivan, speedboat or helicopter transfers). A clutch of world-famous surfing spots, including Cloudbreak, known for its particularly gargantuan swells, are within easy reach, while the resort can also facilitate a day of island hopping, complete with a picnic lunch, in addition to a visit to the nearby village of Solevu to browse through indigenous arts and crafts.
How to Get There
It was an amazing hotel with even better staff
Especially chef Hakka ( who made our every meal special and always took amazing care of us )and our gem Meline (who made our stay even more beautiful and special ) So thank you very much for making our stay more memorable
We have visited Fiji for three times before and experienced unforgettable Six Senses on other destination. Our expectation for this vacation was not fulfilled.
Our GEM was nice and efficient, and all the other hotel staff were friendly. Looking for baby sharks and strolling on the beach in the midst of beautiful sunset were also superb. Our beachfront room and pool was good enough, and we loved lying on the hammock under the stars!
We were just unhappy for the management-trouble of double transportation billing and no final respond for my lost trousers in my bula (yes, they are my favorite ones and became garbage ..).
This resort should become better, however there still remains...
Recently got back from our fantastic stay at the six senses in Fiji and I thought I'd share the details of our experience.
We have been holidaying in Fiji for about 10 years now. First as a couple and now as a family. We have stayed at just about every hotel out there including Vomo, Castaway, Mana, Tokoriki.. My wife and I felt our most recent trip to six senses was far superior and I'll explain why.
1) Its brand new.. brand spanking new. Everything from the accommodation to the facilities like the pool, linen, restaurant cutlery is all pristine and high end.. when you consider if you are staying at some of these other hotels the matress you could be sleeping on could be 20 years old it really makes a big difference to be sleeping on a lovely brand new plush matress.. from stepping on to the amazing new luxuriois launch for your speed boat transfers out to the resort until checkout you will experience no wear and tear or "almost new" everything is sparkling.
2) location, location, location.. brilliant sunset views, amazing beach, beautiful landscaped grounds with outdoor cinema and one of the best resort pools we have ever swam in
3) The delicious food! We have had some shockingly bad experiences with food in Fiji. It is simply inedible most of the time. And this was one of the reason why were drawn to six senses as they have a team of professionally trained chefs. The food to put it simply was out of this world.. they grow the majority of their fruit and veggies on the island.. fish is line caught daily.. the lamb and beef that we had was first rate and was air flown daily from NZ.
4)The GEM.. our guest experience manager took care of everything for us from making sure we had the right type of pillow we liked to booking us tours, getting us the table at restaurants that we liked.. this personal butler experience really made a great difference.
And finally 5)the service was so far above and beyond what we are used to in Fiji it was astonishing... we were greeted by big warm friendly fijian smiles at every turn.. the entire team was consistantly professional, reliable, prompt, informative and passionate.. (promptness certainly being a rarity in fiji)
The professional training of the staff really showed and it was certainly a highlight to have consistant 5 star service.
The new general manager at the resort, Frans Westraadt greeted my wife and I on person, gave us his card with his personal mobile number on it and checked in with us daily to Make sure we were having an enjoyable stay.
In summary, the professionally trained staff and chefs along with the fact that the resort is in brand new condition really was a game changer for us. We have long been willing to sacrifice the creature comforts of home when staying in fiji because of the beautiful location but with the six senses there is no sacrifice at all.. just luxury all the way.. and one of the best locations in the Mamanuca islands thanks so much to the team, we will definitely be back soon!