Likuliku Lagoon Resort – Adults Only
What We Love
- All meals are included in the rate
- Traditional bures with all the mod cons you could want
- Romantic, remote location that’s only 16 miles from Nadi International Airport
- Tatadra Spa’s Pure Fiji treatments
What To Know
- Surcharges may apply to transfers from the airport
- It's adult-only; children 17 years old and younger are not permitted
- No rollaway/extra beds are available
- Free WiFi
This adults-only resort on a private sandy beach has 45 luxury wooden bungalows known as bures, 10 overwater (with glass floor panels), 18 deluxe options beachside (with enclosed outdoor showers and private plunge pools), and the remaining standard bures on the beach and lagoon. The décor combines traditional workmanship, such as the wooden inlay around the ceilings, with contemporary furniture and all the usual hi-tech amenities, such as hi-speed Wi-Fi. A central building, inspired by a traditional Fijian canoe house, includes a restaurant. There’s also a beach bar and a poolside bar. The Tatadra Spa offers Pure Fiji treatments.
In the Area
Malolo Island is one of Fiji’s Mamanuca Islands, which includes Monuriki where Castaway was filmed. It offers bush walks, nature trails, and a local village if you fancy experiencing some Fiji culture. Ancient sites include the old village of Yaro and Potters Cave, Vatu Tagi (meaning “weeping rock”), Vatu Tabu (the sacred wishing rock), and Yadra Vula, a site of early Fijian habitation. There are numerous diving sites, including a plunge to see the Namotu coral cay.
How to Get There
We spent 4 nights here, 2 in a beachside Bure and two in overwater Bure. I love this resort. The staff know your name, the get to know you and are super friendly and so amazingly detail oriented. The food.... OMG the food. All 5 star restaurant quality. Dinner and lunch are all 4 course meals. Small bites and perfect. The bures are huge and comfy. You have your own little hut. The grounds are immaculate. Luxury for sure. We cannot say enough as to how welcome we felt. No kids so it was so relaxed and peaceful! No drunken parties or any of that. We will be back!
Make no mistake, food is on the house qhen booking this exotic island. Produce is sourced locally. Grab a paddle and explore the other islands around it, water so clear. Staff love getting you involved, be it a wedding, birthday or anniversary, you are invited.
Room are spacious with typical fiji dark timber finishes. They meet you, greet you and sadly farewell you.
Likuliku was more than I could have imagined. Beautiful accommodations and amazing service - we were greeted by everyone with a smile, and everyone seemed to know our names. Food was to die for (every option on the menu was good and we could never go wrong) and staff was great about accommodating any requests. Special thanks to: Opeti, Sarena, Jale, Lavenia, Kim, Kula, and Ilai for great great service. Truly an amazing honeymoon experience.
If I were to change one small thing, I would ask that dinner service was a bit faster.
Loved it all. Amazing food, friendliest staff in the world! Room was great. Worth every penny. Each meal was 5 star quality. Never had even the slightest issue with anything at the resort. Fair pricing on alcohol as well! cannot recommend highly enough.
I'm a little torn about whether to give them a 3 or 4 stars, on one hand, I LOVE the villa and the beach; on the other, I felt like there's so much more to be improved
The view, the water, the villa itself is just breathtaking, it's a paradise, period.
1. the ladder of the water villa is short and slippery, I cut my fingers because I couldn't keep my balance and tried to hold on to the back of the ladder, they should either increase a couple more steps or make the last step wider.
2. the only best time to do snorkeling from the water villa is early in the morning if you're like us who are leaving on 11am-ferry, the window is very small; I really think they should prepare 2 sets of snorkeling equipment in the water villa so we don't have to walk all the way to the activity center to borrow them
3. I really wish there's more privacy, there's a yacht parked just few hundred feet away from the water villa and had a party until almost evening and was parking there the whole night, we could totally hear them from our villa
4. I understand everyone's on Fiji-time here but I really felt like the staff here should work harder to make the most out of the guest experience, after all, the water villa I paid for was VERY EXPENSIVE. We're being asked at least twice during check-in about the which ferry we wanted to take for departure, yet it's never booked until I check out, the front desk didn't even know we wanted to leave at 11am. Took them at least 45min to deliver our luggage to the villa after check-in, we couldn't jump in the water because we're waiting for our swimming suits. Since we arrived at 11am (there's not much choice, only 3 ferries a day) and the check-in time is way later, instead of just asking us to sit around, they could totally introduce us to the resort, like the trail walking we could have done. Even when knowing I was cut, it still took them 20min to deliver us the band-aid