Ma’In Hot Springs
What We Love
- Daily breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- A masterpiece spa that uses local ingredients, such as olives and dates, for treatments
- Natural hot springs that cascade into the pool
- Excursions to Petra, Wadi Rum and the Dead Sea can be arranged with the hotel
- Multiple dining options, including traditional cuisine in a Bedouin tent
- Creative cocktails at the Brown Bar
What To Know
- The hotel is an hour from Jordan’s capital Amman; the journey is beautiful, but the area is isolated
- Some restaurants aren’t directly onsite; Panorama is about 15 minutes from the resort
- A mandatory charge applies for gala dinners on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve: $117.55 per adult, $59 per child aged six to 11 (payment will be collected at the property)
- Room decor is very simple and understated
- The desert heat can be scorching; prepare to spend a lot of time in the pool
- Transfers from Amman cost roughly $90 per car, each way
- Eco friendly
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Ma’In Hot Springs in Ma’In, you’ll be within the region of Enot Tsukim Reserve.
Make yourself at home in one of the 97 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and flat-screen televisions. Rooms have private balconies or patios. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming provides entertainment. Bathrooms have separate bathtubs and showers and complimentary toiletries.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a fitness center or take in the view from a terrace and a garden. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the resort’s 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a business center, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle for a surcharge, and free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
There three things here at Ma'in Hot Springs: Ma'in Hot Springs Hotel, Ma'in Hot Springs Spa, and the actual Ma'in Hot Springs. It was clear in the interactions we saw, there was quite a bit of confusion about what is included vs not, where you can be if you are not a guest, etc.
We stayed at the hotel - and had a spa treatment - so was able to access all of the different areas. The hotel is definitely outdated, but as the only one in this area they have little competitive need to do more. Overall, it feels like an old world hotel from South Africa with deep wood tones throughout. I'll break this review into five areas:
1) Grounds: Make sure your taxi drives you all the way to the front doors!!! Ours tried to drop us the entrance to Ma'in - which is at least 2 miles on narrow, steep roads from the Springs, and another half mile from the actual hotel. The grounds are very pretty, and include a pool. There are multiple nice places to sit outside with a view, as well as cozy spaces inside to relax. It's located about 5-10 minutes from the "city" area where there are a couple small shops by the main springs.
2) Room: The bed is decently comfortable, but very sparse. Only one pillow per person (2 total) provided. The room was rather large, and had a very large soaking tub and walk-in shower. We were in 504 which was high enough up to have a view, but I'd recommend getting an odd number room, higher up, so your view is of the waterfall vs the road/mountain. The internet is terrible. Extremely slow, and worked intermittently. Didn't appear to be much of a selected on the television, but they do note you can check DVD's out and I saw they have a kids club.
3) Food: The hotel has several restaurants and room service. Upon arrival, we ate at the restaurant right off the lobby and had spaghetti Neapolitan and fettuccine alfredo. They also provided a break basket and condiments for the bread (seasoning, olive oil, vinegar, and local olives). I had the alfredo, and it was very rich - but very delicious. Our room did not come with the dinner buffet, but we had the option of adding it to our room before 5pm for 20JD per person - or paying later if we decided to go for 30JD per person. We opted to add it for the 20, and it had a surprisingly large variety of food. I saw: fish, seasonded potatoes, veggetable medley, beef meatloaf, beef steak, beef sausages, choose your own pasta + sauce + veggie station, chicken breast, beef stew, rice, soup, about 5-8 salads, bread area, and a delicious dessert area with about 7 desserts to choose from. Beverages are not included in the meal price. Overall, I was satisfied with the meal. We did order french fries from room service late at night - which were seasoned very nicely. Lastly, we had breakfast at the buffet as well - which was included in the room price (we paid 130 JD for our room).
4) Service: We were impressed with the service. Everyone - throughout - was very friendly and helpful. Always happy to answer questions, or go out of their way to help. The only blip was we wanted to book a spa treatment, and they said they drive us down. So, we booked it and showed up at the front desk, and they just told us where to go and no longer offered the ride (1 hour after first offering it) - they weren't busy, there was three staff sitting at/around the front desk chatting. Their directions weren't clear, and it took us a bit to figure out where to go and then walk there. The spa is a good 1/2 mile walk which was no big deal for us - but for elderly would be difficult. Was just annoying that we expected the ride that was promised, but then didn't get it and weren't given good directions which caused us to be late for our spa appointment.
5) Spa: This was the best part of our stay. We each got two hours of treatments, I had the dead sea mud with scalp massage, then a relaxation massage. It was wonderful. After, they have you relax on daybeds and provide tea and treats. The pool everyone sees from photos on Pinterest is the pool from the Spa - which can only be accessed if you book a treatment. We had it to ourselves when we were there, and it was very pleasantly warm. Definitely recommend getting a treatment here. It is a bit pricey though.
Overall was a good stay, I think if I was doing this trip again I would have just stayed both nights at the Kempinski (vs one at the hotel at Ma'in and one at Kempinski). It's a short enough drive (25 minutes) so I would have just did an afternoon there to visit the spa and hot springs from Kempinski. Hotel prices between the two are comparable - but the Kempinski is definitely at a different (luxury) level.
A very~very special place [kter helwe - in arabic words] in Jordan is Ma'in - hot springs - something extraordinary ... of course it is like this and I'm not exaggerating because we are speak about one work of God, a landscape carved in the stones by the divine hand...this view will delight your eyes ...immediately you will be excited and full of emotions... you will be impressed...dazzle and wonderstruck by what you see ...a place neighboring to the holy places ... from here you can see Jerusalem; Ma'in is a place guarded by rocky mountains where only the Bedouins live and herding their goats and sheep on the steep mountain slopes and ridges...down in the valley awaits the Dead Sea ... not far away it is Al-Maghtas, the holy place of the baptism of Jesus Christ in the Jordan River - who is flowing and serpenting alongside Ma'in...and somewhere up to one summit you can look with fear at the Mount of Temptations of Jesus... Besides all this, the most important - about Ma'in we can say that it is the place where God hit the rocks, like Moses with his stick, to bring out from the depths on the surface hot water ... thermal water ...good water I may say, because this water is medical treatment for skin ... body ... muscle ... and even mind and soul, since once you enter in this miraculous water... that falls down from up spectacularly like a waterfall from Paradise...you will embrace peace ... the body will be rest and calm himself... you will feel all your senses ... that means even your soul feels good here also ... your mind will relax ... you will be without stress and all the bad thoughts will fall apart ... your conscience will be free and want to dialogue with God, you look up to Heaven and start to thank God for blessing you to get here ...
Some clever people, because of their work only like this I can characterize them - SMART, they made/build a Hotel here - Ma'in Hot Springs Resort & Spa - and in this project we can see also that they have love and fear of God, because it is about one humble concept in Turism/Building...not opulent/luxurious, but very elegant - 5 Star.. .that proves for all of us we can do/build something elegant without being necessarily fancy or grandiose or very big or very tall ... because they wanted their intervention here - in the God work - to be a good thing ... for the benefit of the people , with the consent/blessing of God, without which no one can do anything ... Ma'in is a 5-Star Hotel, which is perfectly integrated into the landscape ... this is actually the mark of this hotel ... peace and harmony ...bring antiquity and present all together in a nice combination between old and modernity...a journey in time from past to present ... call for us to not forgetting where we come from ... what is our history of people ...humanity... of these places ... archaism brought to modernity ... all furniture is handmade in wood...all the design enveloped in romanticism and the charm of Arab stories ... warm lights all over ... everywhere wood and stone ... handmade carpets ...Arab instrumental music so beautiful/chill-out in the background...it is like you will living Scheherazade Nights...one library-room with chandeliers, full with good books, invite you to read in this time dominated by smart phones mobile ... this hotel guides you to the culture ... invites you to rediscover yourself again... not stay only on Facebook - BRAVO ! Rooms overlooking a paradise waterfall hot springs... with so hot water from which steam comes out even in summer, green grass and palm trees in a place so isolated and wild ... The Restaurants will be waiting for you at the table with the most delicious Arabic dishes ... here I guarantee you will eat the most delicious food ... everyone smiles ... everyone invites you to enjoy life ... to be cheerful ... to be happy ... everyone treats you personally ... friendly ... speaks and loves you, in fact this is the essence of Tourism in Jordan: LOVE, here everything is beautifully offered to you with LOVE and RESPECT , the interest financial is not the first, sure it exist obvious but follows after many more ... jordanian people do not love for money, they love because they love! Love is a gift from God, and Jordan has been blessed with much love!
Ma'in - a place created by God, taken care of by wonderful people ... a place where you will relax your body and calm the soul, one unique place in the world with peace and love !
Shukran Ma'in Hot Springs Resort & Spa, Al-hamdulillah Allah !
George of Arabia.
I always enjoy visiting Ma'in hot springs and benefits from its therapeutic health effects when you swim in its water or have a natural massage from its falling hot mineral water , the restaurant service in the hotel is great and delicious and the spa service is superb indeed
This is an undiscovered little secret in the valley, everyone knows Petra, or the dead sea. But this little spot is a hidden treasure. Make sure you book more than 2 nights stay at the local hotel and enjoy the hot springs which I believe the only ones in the Middle East
Friendly management and staff, they do their best to make sure you are enjoying your stay, make you feel you are at home a very nice atmosphere. Beautiful rooms,
Amazing hot water pool from the hot springs waterfall, with the natural hot spring water, you must use the pool, it's a very nice and warm temperature.
Sure we will come back
We strongly recommend this hotel to anyone who visits Jordan.