Banyan Tree Seychelles
What We Love
- Daily breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- Secluded, high-ceilinged, luxurious pool villas
- Pristine white sand beach with panoramic Indian Ocean views
- A coral reef teeming with brightly colored fish, right at your doorstep
- Centuries-old Banyan Tree signature spa treatments
- Fine-dining options aplenty on the property, all offering unforgettable local dishes
What To Know
- A 10 percent service charge will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- The resort is secluded – 45 minutes from the capital city, Victoria
- Geared toward couples and singles rather than families
- While the food on-site is superb, the off-site dining options are casual and a taxi ride away
- All goods and services are priced in Euros, and most everything is imported from far away, so nothing comes cheap
- Depending on the season, the sea can be choppy, even too rough to swim or snorkel
- Compulsory gala dinner charges apply for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve and will be charged at the property ($250 per adult, $125 per child 16 and under, including taxes)
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Banyan Tree Seychelles in Mahe Island, you’ll be on the beach and minutes from Anse Intedance Beach and close to Takamaka Beach. This 5-star resort is within close proximity of Anse Bazarca Beach and Baie Lazare Beach.
Make yourself at home in one of the 60 air-conditioned rooms featuring private plunge pools and flat-screen televisions. Rooms have private furnished patios. Satellite programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and rainfall showerheads.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including an outdoor pool, a fitness center, and bicycles to rent. This resort also features complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and gift shops/newsstands.
Enjoy a meal at one of the resort’s dining establishments, which include 3 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. A complimentary buffet breakfast is served daily.
Featured amenities include dry cleaning/laundry services, a 24-hour front desk, and multilingual staff. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Gusts should check the air conditioning. It seems cold during the day, but at night you will probably need to use the fan as you are likely to feel too warm as the air conditioning system is no longer efficient. Unless you want to pay 150 rupees for a bottle of water in the restaurant, ask to be served the hotel's water which is pure and FREE.
Everything about Banyan Tree was perfect--the view, the pools straight out of a fairy tale, the rooms, the service, the plantation-like main house. The cocktails were delicious, made only with real fruit and alcohol, not sugared up. The Thai restaurant Saffron was hidden in a marsh, a location I had never experienced before, and was perfect from beginning to end. The food was incredibly flavorful and the service was perfect. Our one recommendation for improvement was the main restaurant's buffet nights, which were not that good, cost $100 a person, and did not allow you to just order from the menu. After one mistaken night of that, we just ate elsewhere, so it was fine--we would absolutely come back in a heartbeat!!!!
Extended Easter Break. Location & accommodation fantastic but disappointed by service & food for 5 star. Did not leave water in room & replace tonic despite asked 3 times. No more beach towels by lunch time despite being half full. No coconut drink 2 days running which was on the drinks menu despite the island full of coconuts ! Concierge staff were just like things were an effort, Food so so for a 5 star resort. Really needs a refresh so overall disappointing.
Just honeymooned there and couldn't have asked for a better experience! Everything was amazing! Villas are great, restaurants phenomenal, and amenities spectacular. Only annoyance was the number of wanna-be models doing photo shoots at the pool.
Me and my husband absolutely loved our stay at the banyan tree. The grounds are beautiful and very secluded just what we were looking for. The staff were very personable and very helpful. Our personal favourite was Victor :) We really appreciate all staff that tried to make our stay a pleasant one! We didn’t want to leave!