Vivanta by Taj – Blue Diamond, Pune
What We Love
- Striking modern building in an enviably central location
- Heated outdoor pool
- Choice of four on-site restaurants
- A Sammardana deep tissue massage at Jiva Spa
What To Know
- Free WiFi on two devices up to 512 kbps
- The Mystic Masala restaurant serves traditional Peshwai cuisine and features live ghazal music
- The property is just four miles from Pune Airport
- All rooms come with tea- and coffeemaking facilities, bottled water and pillow menus
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Smack in the heart of Pune’s vibrant hustle and bustle, the Vivanta by Taj Blue Diamond is a restful retreat with superlative service. With its striking cantilevered entrance, glass-fronted lobby and sweeping terraces, this 109-room modernist stay is flooded with natural light. The guestrooms are decked out with wooden floors, plush leather headboards, and Art Deco–style furniture. For added space book a Luxury Bliss Suite, which offers extras like a sauna, a separate living room and free wine on arrival. The bathrooms have chrome fittings, large bathtubs and walk-in rain showers, and are stocked with Forest Essentials beauty products. Choose from four on-site restaurants: classic Indian fare and poolside sundowners at Latitude, local Peshwai cuisine and live ghazal music at Mystic Masala, tasty Chinese delicacies and dainty desserts at Whispering Bamboo, and killer cocktails (try the Blue Moon Martini) and continental-style bites at the Easy bar. For a dash of glamour, book a private dining experience with Chef Pintu. And don’t leave without indulging in a treatment at the Jiva Spa; the Champi Indian head massage is extremely relaxing.
In the Area
For a slice of local history, head to the sumptuous Aga Khan Palace. Set on 19 acres of manicured grounds, this grand 19th-century building served as a prison for Mahatma Gandhi and his wife Kasturba. Many of their household items are on display. Nature lovers need look no farther than Katraj Snake Park, on the southern outskirts of the city. Don’t miss the park’s prize possession: a six-year-old, nine-foot king cobra. For unmatched views of the valley in which Pune lies, head 15 miles south to Sinhagad Fort, an ancient fortress perched on an isolated mountainside.
How to Get There
I Tic Gold member Taj is like second home to me.I visit regularly at easybar staff are helpfull as Jayesh, Sagar, Inas, Saeed etc and also sometimes stay in room in Taj. I found that staff is very coordinative, helpfull and friedly. I would recommend blue diamond because of staff services and hard work compared to other five star hotels. I have stayed in many five star hotels in India and International but I see that aproach of staff towards customers is very frienfull and helping in Blue Diamond Pune. I would recommend Mateen at front office one of the best helpfull Staff to look out for. He has always helped me in room booking.
I hope this faith is maintained throughout and continous.
Hats off to Taj Bluediamond Pune
President International Human Rights All India
1. Breakfast was good and menu was interesting.
2. Fitness center was really good.
3. Staffs were polite and warming, everyone, right from entry to exit.
1. Dinner was not so good in taste and menu was also not interesting. Referring in comparison with Novotel.
2. Ongoing renovation works in my floor, which cannot be avoided. I can also understand.
Hotel Blue Diamond by Taj is a good hotel and with service we always expect from Taj. We stayed only for day and it was very comfortable. The swimming Pool is nice and my family enjoyed the time we spent in the hotel.