The Singular Patagonia
What We Love
- Jetsetter 2015 Best of the Best Finalist: Best Design
- Rooms and suites with vast floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Patagonia’s stunning fjords and mountains
- Delicious meals prepared by awarding-winning chef, Laurent Pasqualetto
- A charming in-house boutique that sells fine Chilean and Bolivian woolen products, silver jewelry and handcrafts
- Guided tours in the hotel explaining the industrial building’s fascinating history
- The hotel is conveniently located near many of Patagonia’s most popular tourist destinations, such as Torres del Paine National Park
- Outdoor excursions organized by the Singular are very popular and should be booked a day or two in advance
What To Know
- Full-board rate includes three meals daily (including lunches on excursions), round-trip airport transfers and daily activities, with a choice of 20 tours through Torres del Paine National Park, kayaking, horseback riding, glacier boating, wine tastings and more.
- The Singular closes from June through August
- Because of frequent severe high winds, boating excursions are frequently delayed or postponed
- There is no business center or public computer for guest use, and limited wireless connectivity
- Airport transfers to the Punta Arenas airport can take up to three hours by car and can be arranged by the Singular (though they are a bit pricey); book the Full-Board rate for the included transfer
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Located in Puerto Natales, The Singular Patagonia is by the sea and close to Puerto Natales Casino and Plaza de Armas. This 4.5-star hotel is within the region of Mylodon Cave Natural Monument.
Make yourself at home in one of the 57 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Your bed comes with down comforters and Egyptian cotton sheets. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and rainfall showerheads.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as an indoor pool, a sauna, and a fitness center. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, gift shops/newsstands, and wedding services. Getting to nearby attractions is a breeze with the area shuttle (surcharge) that operates within 100 meters.
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 2 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Meet other guests and eat at a complimentary reception. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Planning an event in Puerto Natales? This hotel has facilities measuring 8611 square feet (800 square meters), including a conference center. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We stayed here for four nights and had problems from arrival. Our room type booking was ‘not found’ despite us being able to show communications on this with the reservation department. Understand mistakes happen but it wasn’t handled well.
The rooms themselves are very nice with an incredible view.
Front desk staff were really uninterested - despite having to walk past them multiple times a day, they’d rarely greet you. They just were not what we’d expect for a Leading Hotel.
There was an occasion where we found out our tour did not take a card payment and we were US$2 short in cash. We asked if it was possible to get this money from petty cash and add this and a charge to our hotel bill. It was against the rules! There was no hotel car service to local town going that day due to low requests so we would have to arrange for a taxi there and back just to get a few dollars out. Makes no sense.
The tour guides weren’t interested in listening, just selling you a tour they wanted to fill - even though we knew exactly what tour we wanted. The actual tour and guide was good and we had no complaints. The prices were very over inflated though, so we mostly booked externally for half the price and found those tour companies to be equally great.
The restaurant and bar made up for the lack of service. The food and service was excellent. Very well run, couldn’t do enough for people, and very efficient.
One night, we did go into the town for dinner - an amazing crab restaurant in a funky shipping container. Would highly recommend.
I spent a night to break up the journey to another property in Torres del Paine. Hotel is impressive, the food outstanding!! The staff was very kind and attentive, this and the food where the highlights. It is a great way way to see the south side of the park.
The food, activities and staff were amazing!
The township of puerto Natales is quaint and well worth the bike ride to see it.
Weather was cold, so make sure you bring the right clothing.
We stopped overnight on our way to the national park. Highly recommended break for the journey.
We stayed here for four days and can honestly say that it was one of the best hotel experiences that we have ever had.
The hotel has been very well designed and the attention to detail is very obvious. We really thought that the design was spot on and very tastefully done. A good mix of heritage and modern luxury.
The service we experienced from all staff was first class and very friendly. We had the half board package which we would not usually do and considered it to be fair value for money, particularly as it included the wine. The food and wine were very good indeed.
We stayed in a Singular suite which was fantastic and had two large windows overlooking the pier and the sound. We sat on the large sofa and enjoyed the view on many occasions.
We did some third party excursions which were very good and did not feel under any pressure by the hotel to do their excursions, which we are sure would have also been good.
Overall this was an excellent experience and we were very sad to leave.
We recently returned from a trip to Patagonia (with A&K) and stayed at the Singular. The site is a well done repurposed “facility” located on water. The staff and service were great. This hotel is is truly spectacular.