The Singular Patagonia
What We Love
- Jetsetter 2015 Best of the Best Finalist: Best Design
- Rooms and suites with vast floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Patagonia’s stunning fjords and mountains
- Delicious meals prepared by awarding-winning chef, Laurent Pasqualetto
- A charming in-house boutique that sells fine Chilean and Bolivian woolen products, silver jewelry and handcrafts
- Guided tours in the hotel explaining the industrial building’s fascinating history
- The hotel is conveniently located near many of Patagonia’s most popular tourist destinations, such as Torres del Paine National Park
- Outdoor excursions organized by the Singular are very popular and should be booked a day or two in advance
What To Know
- Full-board rate includes three meals daily (including lunches on excursions), round-trip airport transfers and daily activities, with a choice of 20 tours through Torres del Paine National Park, kayaking, horseback riding, glacier boating, wine tastings and more.
- The Singular closes from June through August
- Because of frequent severe high winds, boating excursions are frequently delayed or postponed
- There is no business center or public computer for guest use, and limited wireless connectivity
- Airport transfers to the Punta Arenas airport can take up to three hours by car and can be arranged by the Singular (though they are a bit pricey); book the Full-Board rate for the included transfer
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Located in Puerto Natales, The Singular Patagonia is by the sea and close to Puerto Natales Casino and Plaza de Armas. This 4.5-star hotel is within the region of Mylodon Cave Natural Monument.
Make yourself at home in one of the 57 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Your bed comes with down comforters and Egyptian cotton sheets. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and rainfall showerheads.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as an indoor pool, a sauna, and a fitness center. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, gift shops/newsstands, and wedding services. Getting to nearby attractions is a breeze with the area shuttle (surcharge) that operates within 100 meters.
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 2 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Meet other guests and eat at a complimentary reception. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Planning an event in Puerto Natales? This hotel has facilities measuring 8611 square feet (800 square meters), including a conference center. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
This hotel is a destination in itself. The marriage between a 5 star hotel and a museum (old refrigerating plant for sheep meat and leather) makes for a unique and educational experience. I would spend 2-3 nights here and take full advantage of the excursions since Puerto Natales is a tiny town with little to do. The hotel is spectacular. The rooms are beautifully appointed with views of the water. Make sure to spend some time at the bar--truly old world charm. Make a spa appointment and take full advantage of the indoor/outdoor pool and sauna. We signed up for a boat excursion which was cancelled due to inclement weather. The next day we lucked out and had an amazing 13 km hike to Signoret 360 with two dedicated guides. First class service with amazing views.
This is definitely one of the nicest hotels I’ve stayed! In an old “sheep processing factory” (meaning slaugther house) the hotel created simply lovely luxury rooms with a fantastic relaxing view and an even more impressive restaurant and bar area. When you’re near Puerto Natales, there’s simply no excuse to not visit the place (if you don’t want to stay because of the price, go there for an interesting museum and for a great lunch or dinner.
What a unique beautiful hotel! Loved the architecture here and the funicular arrival into the hotel! All rooms have an amazing view! We stayed here 2 nights to experience a different part of Patagoniaon the Magellan Strait outside of the Torres Del Paine park. This also helped break up the 4 hr drive from Punta Arenas into the national park.
We had a great day on our excursion with guide Patricio to Condors Peak and then an afternoon at the spa. Had great evenings at the bar, talking with people from all over the world.. Great service and such a romantic ambience.
The facility is a destination in and of itself . Highly recommend!
Very high-end hotel just outside of Puerto Natales. All room have views of some of the Patagonian fjords and peaks. Excellent tours from the hotel and good location for many of the tours into the southern portions of the Torres del Paine area. Food and wines truly excellent. Note that some of the interior property (connecting halls, particularly the old machine rooms) can be cold...
Note also that in our case they made a mistake with our reservation: we'd booked a king bed months in advance, but ended up upon arrival in a room with two doubles. They rectified this for the subsequent nights, but is was annoying, particularly at the price charged for the rooms...!
We stayed two nights at the Singular and wish that we had stayed there longer. The previous nights we stayed closer to the park, looking back, we would have preferred to stay at the Singular as we just encountered excellent service by 100% of the staff. It was so refreshing after our previous experience. They really have got it down right. The food is excellent and the views are beautiful. Definitely would recommend this place to anyone.