The Singular Patagonia
What We Love
- Jetsetter 2015 Best of the Best Finalist: Best Design
- Rooms and suites with vast floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Patagonia’s stunning fjords and mountains
- Delicious meals prepared by awarding-winning chef, Laurent Pasqualetto
- A charming in-house boutique that sells fine Chilean and Bolivian woolen products, silver jewelry and handcrafts
- Guided tours in the hotel explaining the industrial building’s fascinating history
- The hotel is conveniently located near many of Patagonia’s most popular tourist destinations, such as Torres del Paine National Park
- Outdoor excursions organized by the Singular are very popular and should be booked a day or two in advance
What To Know
- Full-board rate includes three meals daily (including lunches on excursions), round-trip airport transfers and daily activities, with a choice of 20 tours through Torres del Paine National Park, kayaking, horseback riding, glacier boating, wine tastings and more.
- The Singular closes from June through August
- Because of frequent severe high winds, boating excursions are frequently delayed or postponed
- There is no business center or public computer for guest use, and limited wireless connectivity
- Airport transfers to the Punta Arenas airport can take up to three hours by car and can be arranged by the Singular (though they are a bit pricey); book the Full-Board rate for the included transfer
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Located in Puerto Natales, The Singular Patagonia is by the sea and close to Puerto Natales Casino and Plaza de Armas. This 4.5-star hotel is within the region of Mylodon Cave Natural Monument.
Make yourself at home in one of the 57 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Your bed comes with down comforters and Egyptian cotton sheets. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and rainfall showerheads.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as an indoor pool, a sauna, and a fitness center. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, gift shops/newsstands, and wedding services. Getting to nearby attractions is a breeze with the area shuttle (surcharge) that operates within 100 meters.
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 2 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Meet other guests and eat at a complimentary reception. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Planning an event in Puerto Natales? This hotel has facilities measuring 8611 square feet (800 square meters), including a conference center. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Beginning even before our arrival we received excellent service from The Singular. We arrived at the hotel early the morning of our first day and they were happy to coordinate an excursion with us beforehand so we were all set to go upon arrival. Don't miss the full tour they offer of the Torres Del Paine park - we are very active and considered doing a long hike instead but the drive around the park is not to be missed. You see so much and still do a good bit of walking. The picnic they provided was perfect - as was the food and drinks on all of the excursions. Breakfast had everything you could hope for and lunch and dinner in the Singular restaurant were delicious. However, the real show stopper is dining in El Asador. Make sure to book a reservation before arrival at the hotel and enjoy this fabulous experience. It may have been our favorite meal of our entire trip to Chile. Also, there's a wonderful little restaurant in the town called Santolla. Head there for King Crab and other delicious seafood.
Family enjoyed our 2 nights in the Singular as we traveled around Patagonia. The building is truly unique and very nice in every way. Especially enjoyed the breakfast in the hotel. In terms of activities, I had a great day of fly fishing that Singular arranged and my wife and daughters had a fantastic time horseback riding.
The reviews about this place are spot on and worth the 5 stars. The unique history, decor, amenities, food, services, tours, accommodations, friendly staff are all true. I was impressed that staff knew my name when on sat down to eat on second day. I felt really important. Tauk and Singular seem to have a symbiosis to work with small groups.Everything was made to make our vacation worry free. Here are still some photos of our experience
This is probably the most remarkable and memorable hotel I have ever experienced. I loved everything about it – what they have done with the old factory building, including keeping rooms full of old (British) machinery and equipment, from furnaces to wheelbarrows, to the rooms with their fantastic views over the Señoret Channel, to the bar and restaurant. Food and drink was excellent, and the service attentive. All of the trips we also did from here had excellent local guides. The connections via Singular provided minibuses (we came from El Calafate and went on to Punta Arenas afterwards) worked like clockwork, with courtesy snacks and drink provided, all enhanced by stunning scenes of wildlife through the windows – from guanacos to flamingos to rhea, condors and hares.
It's official: this is my favourite hotel in the world. It's not perfect; nothing is ever truly perfect. The restaurant menu could be varied a little more; the introduction of daily specials, for example, would be an enhancement. But for everything else, it's just magical. I've been to many hotels in the world. This is my No. 1