Loews New Orleans Hotel
What We Love
- A quiet sanctuary from the noise and mayhem of Canal and Bourbon streets
- Piazza d’Italia is a bit of architectural whimsy all but hidden in the hotel’s backyard
- Refreshing classic cocktails and fine upscale Creole dining at the Swizzle Stick bar and Café Adelaide
- The tidy eighth-floor fitness center, which has a small indoor pool, exercise room and spa — it makes for a great detox center after a night out
- Views of the bend in the Mississippi River and the Crescent City Connection bridges from the river-facing upper floors
What To Know
- The property opened in 2004
- The hotel has 285 bright, moderately sized rooms with non-opening windows
- The convention center is a short walk away, and about half the hotel business consists of those traveling on group packages
- Immediate neighborhood is comprised chiefly of business towers and tall hotels and feels more like a generic downtown than quirky New Orleans
- The French Quarter is just a 10-minute walk away
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Loews New Orleans Hotel is in the heart of New Orleans, walking distance from The Shops at Canal Place and Spanish Plaza. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Audubon Aquarium of the Americas and The Outlet Collection at Riverwalk.
Make yourself at home in one of the 285 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and minibars. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters and Frette Italian sheets. 37-inch flat-screen televisions with cable programming provide entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as an indoor pool, a spa tub, and a sauna. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and express check-out. Planning an event in New Orleans? This hotel has 17000 square feet (1579 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms. Extended parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We loved our stay here. Our room (1609) was great, as was the service, food and drinks. Best of all was the Concierge Debbie Williams. She was extraordinarily helpful. We were here on business and did not have much time. She helped us make the most of it. We will be back.
I stayed here for four nights for a conference. It’s a bit outdated and could definitely use a refresh. Beds are very comfortable and rooms are large. Service was average bordering on poor. Despite multiple bellmen standing around when I checked in no one helped me with my luggage. I had two reservations and despite multiple requests by me to link them they still locked me out of my room and housekeeping tried to oust me. When I expressed frustration I got attitude. Front desk seemed understaffed at all times.
Room service food was average. I wouldn’t stay here again. Plenty of other places to stay that are better.
Appalling lack of service at both the front desk and in the restaurant (a pity since the food in the restaurant is really quite good). Over my 3 day stay, there was only one person at the front desk regardless of the time of day, and the restaurant service was beyond the pale--after my food was served, I never saw another wait staff (not even anyone walking by, much less my own waiter). After 30 minutes of waiting for a drink and my bill, I went to the bar (when there was finally ONE person covering the entire bar/restaurant area) to pay. She had no check or idea what I had ordered--for all she knew, I could have had a steak but told her I only had an order of chips. One of the main qualities of staying in a hotel is guest service, and this hotel is sadly lacking.
For the room, my bathroom tub's faucet was pulling away from the wall about 1/4 inch and the sink was clogged, but once I had unpacked, I couldn't be bothered to have someone deal with it. Obviously they don't employ either housekeeping staff that cares or enough maintenance staff, either.