Hotel Modern New Orleans
What We Love
- The “friendly modern” design
- The parrot named Scarlett who presides over the lobby
- Vintage St. Charles streetcars clanging past the front windows
- Compact, easily moveable bedside reading tables ideal for books, gadgets and remotes
- Choice of two excellent cocktail bars on the ground floor
What To Know
- Hotel Modern completed a $7 million renovation and relaunched in January 2012
- Located 15 minutes by foot from the French Quarter and 10 minutes from the Morial Convention Center.
- The hotel's new restaurant, Tivoli & Lee,opened in March 2013
- The immediate neighborhood is historic and offers easy access to several museums, but lacks the intimacy and charm of the city’s other neighborhoods
- Near four museums and numerous art galleries
- No fitness room on premises, but guests have free access to an athletic club a few blocks away
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Hotel Modern New Orleans in New Orleans (Warehouse District – Convention Center), you’ll be minutes from Robert E. Lee Monument and Ogden Museum of Southern Art. This romantic hotel is within close proximity of Confederate Memorial Hall Museum and Contemporary Arts Center.
Make yourself at home in one of the 135 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring refrigerators and LCD televisions. Your room comes with a pillowtop bed. Cable programming and iPod docking stations are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a 24-hour fitness center, or other amenities including complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services.
Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. A complimentary continental breakfast is served daily.
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk.
How to Get There
Clean, nice beds, good location. Walking distance from almost everything (not airport). Good breakfast. Rooms are small and cute. Will be back to this hotel if I go back to NOL. I was also able to check in early.
HIX New Orleans - St Charles Ave is in the Warehouse District.
Mrs & I just stayed the weekend at this "newish" property in New Orleans situated on Lee Circle If our cab driver ($36 flat rate to/from the airport) was to be believed, this changed over to a Holiday Inn express less than 1.5 years ago.
We found it to be a terrific location and didn't miss or step foot in the French Qtr on this trip.
WWII Museum is 2 blocks away
Green trolley street car stops right outside the hotel. Can catch it to the other lines.
Plenty of bar/restaurants within a 5 min walk
Breakfast: the usual biscuits/gravy, sausages, bacon, oatmeal, omelettes. Disappointed never to see any fruit.
Bed & linens were clean/comfortable. Large wall safe held my laptop & Mrs Willie's iPad. Tiny closet, but enough to hold our hanging clothes. Very small work desk. Plenty of outlets around the rooom.
Bathroom was odd, no light in shower, no soap dish or shelf in shower (so had to put any toiletries outside shower on toilet tank)
Despite some of the negatives listed above, I would gladly stay at this property again
Walking distance to the French Quarter, Bourbon street, the World War 2 Museum, and the trolley that goes through bourbon and the french quarter. Great staff especially when trying to plan an itinerary. Clean rooms and soft bed and pillows you'll get the best sleep of your life.