What We Love
- Close enough to Lisbon to combine the sea air and superb sporting facilities with the bright lights of the capital
- The gorgeous spa, which is flooded with natural light and offers treatments using the excellent Voya seaweed products
- Good for geeks: proper desks with USB sockets, fast Internet connection, iPod docks and more
- Open-plan bathrooms allow you to soak in Aromatherapy Associate bubbles while taking in the sea view
- Food, often heavy in Portugal, is here served with a light touch
What To Know
- This hotel is big and feels it, with 142 rooms and 16 suites
- The spa operates a strict no children under 16 policy
- Those in search of a cozy armchair and a book might feel somewhat overwhelmed by the two large flat-screen TVs in the rooms
- The hotel is within the Quinta da Marinha Original Estate and is consequently very self-contained; going out for a coffee or to see the local shops involves a drive
- Free WiFi
- Golf Course
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Oitavos in Cascais (Cascais Coast), you’ll be minutes from Oitavos Fort and close to Guincho Beach. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Boca do Inferno and Paula Rego Historical House.
Make yourself at home in one of the 142 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring iPod docking stations and minibars. Rooms have private balconies. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while 37-inch LCD televisions with satellite programming provide entertainment. Partially open bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature rainfall showerheads and designer toiletries.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. While the golfer in the family is out on the course, you can enjoy above-par recreational amenities such as outdoor tennis courts and a health club. Additional amenities at this Art Deco hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 3 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and express check-in. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
My husband had business meetings at the hotel, and I was along for pleasure. Here’s the pluses and minuses:
+ location in between Sintra and Lisbon
+ room size large and view is nice
+ concierge is friendly and helpful
+ breakfast food are good
- sterile airport like environment
- only two complimentary coffee pods per room the entire week of our visit is stingy
- fees for bicycle usage when other similarly priced hotels include use for free
- service at breakfast was unfriendly and they repeatedly ignored my need for any service
- no restaurant food available until after 7pm
- dogs barking frequently from nearby at night
- fitness center in windowless basement with worn out equipment, with empty water jug and no towels half the days I visited
- outdoor pool was cold, they should heat it to enjoy on warmer days
- significantly overpriced for the quality and amenities
We stayed at The Oitavos for the IRONMAN 70.3 race at Cascais, though the more normal guests appeared to be golfers. We didn’t play but the course looked picturesque and well maintained.
Our room was spacious and comfortable though the bathroom was a case of style over substance. The Japanese-style electronic toilet seat struck me unnecessarily (and a little uncomfortable for a European male...), and it was impossible to visit the toilet during the night without lighting up the room.
Otherwise, the bedding was comfortable enough and there was ample seating and desk space along with a large balcony.
We didn’t use the spa or gym, but they looked okay. There’s also a yoga room overlooking the Atlantic on an upper floor.
The main restaurant was very nice though pricey and a touch stuffy. The sushi bar/restaurant was much more intimate and a great experience. Just don’t ask for tempura!
It’s a short drive or cycle ride to Cascais (at least one taxi driver robbed us of a couple of Euro) with its many restaurants and charming old town. It’s also an easy drive into the hills and to Sintra.
There was a mix up at checkout when I was initially presented with a bill for accommodation that I prepaid through Expedia.
All in all, a good but pricey hotel.
Modern, elegant with great service. Big clean rooms, great beds, beuatiful breakfast. Fantastic view, golf, gym, horses, spa. You get luxury for mid range prices. I am coming back to this big nature experience.
We came as a group for late-season golf, including two rounds on the hotel's excellent course. The rooms were amazing, good atmosphere overall, good food, and excellent service-we were made to feel like valued guests. Great pool, pleasant even in relatively cool days. Golf club house, buggies etc all handled smooth as silk. Great stay,
Wow what a breath of fresh air
this very modern and vibrant
hotel is exceptional breathtaking surroundings ,great golf and superb swimming pool
The food was fab and service very good
rooms are slick and very comfortable