Altis Avenida Hotel
What We Love
- An award-winning hotel in the buzzing center of Lisbon, with breakfast, fruit and moreThe rooftop restaurant, with its panoramic city views
- The stunning architecture, which pays homage to the glamour of eras past
- The breakfast, fruit and mineral water you'll receive with your stay
- The unbeatable location, near two of Lisbon’s most famous squares
What To Know
- Located right between Rossio and Restauradores Squares and within walking distance of Baixa, Chiado, Bairro Alto and Alfama
- Very quiet despite its prime location
- The rooftop restaurant and bar has great food and views; breakfast is also served on the roof terrace
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Nominated for a 2014 World Luxury Hotel Award, and a worthy winner of a coveted TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, Altis Avenida makes a bold, retro statement in the heart of the Portuguese capital. Designed by celebrated architect Cristino Silva, the property houses an authentic marble staircase and a grand entrance hall behind its impressive façade.
Elsewhere, the hotel embraces a different style of urban chic, with gleaming polished floors, sleek furniture and gold hanging lamps to create a striking monochrome, Art Deco-infused feel. Such careful design, in fact, led the Altis Avenida to the Best Hotel Interior in Portugal award at the International Hotel Awards 2013. The pièce de résistance has to be the rooftop Restaurant Rossio, with its panoramic views over the Gothic cathedrals, ancient monasteries, quaint museums and bustling streets of the city below.
Your room will have great views of downtown Lisbon and the famous Praca dos Restauradores. Blackout blinds, soundproofing and a pillow menu provide the finishing touches.
Boasting some of the best views in town, the Rossio Restaurant on the rooftop is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late nightcaps. Stone, brass and glass are used to great effect; look out for the original tiles that depict the city before the earthquake. When it comes to the food, expect a menu of contemporary Portuguese cuisine, prepared to the highest standard. Breakfast is served until mid-morning.
Here, you’re on one of Lisbon’s most famous thoroughfares, so expect plenty of life and color. The hotel makes a great base for exploring the city on foot, and you’re just steps away from the grand squares of Rossio and Restauradores. To make things easier, you’ll be given a city map at reception.Shopping-wise, whether you prefer trendy boutiques or swank department stores, you’ll be spoiled for choice. If it’s culture you’re after, then the historic center of Rossio is all around you. Hop on a circular tram ride around the city to get a feel for the place, and take a trip up to the steep Barrio Alto for even more spectacular views. For outings out of town, there’s a station across the road.