The Duke Hotel
What We Love
- Elegant old Rome charm with an Executive suite stay, breakfast, evening drinks and more
- Toasting to your Roman holiday with a welcome cocktail
- Afternoon tea at the sophisticated Polo Lounge, with its damask sofas, stained glass windows and marble fireplace
- The hotel's shuttle service to Piazza del Popolo
What To Know
- The free shuttle is small and gets overbooked often; reserve a seat in advance
- There's no on-site spa, but guests can book massages at the nearby Acquaniene spa, which can be accessed with free return transfers provided by the hotel
- The walls are a bit thin; bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper
Located near Villa Borghese’s gorgeous gardens, The Duke Hotel is an urban four-star retreat for a perfect history- and food-fuelled break. Pay a visit to Vatican City, toss a coin in Trevi Fountain and connect with your inner gladiator at the Colosseum. Make sure you procure a creamy gelato and take part in the nightly passeggiata too.
Complete with delicious Italian cuisine at the I Duchi restaurant, you’ll be in Old Country heaven. Sample wines, olive oils and fine cheeses from Italy’s Lazio region, before sinking into The Polo Lounge’s damask-style sofas and sipping on a cocktail. The huge marble fireplace will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It’s no wonder TripAdvisor granted The Duke Hotel a Certificate of Excellence.
Superior rooms have an elegant feel, with furnishings that ooze sophistication and taste. Each room comes complete with a terrace, a lavish marble bathroom, a writing desk and satellite TV.
The fantastic I Duchi Restaurant offers a culinary smorgasbord of traditional Italian dishes. The Tasting Dinner option allows you to sample a range of food and wines from Rome’s lush Lazio region. The tasting involves various olive oils, wines, chocolates and cheeses, including Caciofiore from the Roman countryside and a creamy buffalo mozzarella. The sleek Polo Lounge has damask-style sofas, a large marble fireplace, magical stained glass windows and a full-service bar, all beneath a domed ceiling.
Although the hotel does not have an on-site spa, guests may book massages at the nearby Acquaniene spa, which can be accessed with complimentary return transfers provided by the hotel.
The Duke Hotel is near Villa Borghese, Rome’s largest public park that offers pleasant respite from the hectic city streets. Be sure to check out the park’s numerous lakes, temples, fountains, statues and museums. The hotel is just north of the Spanish Steps and minutes away from Piazza del Popolo.You’ll be in the perfect location to admire Trevi Fountain and Piazza Navona, walk among the stunning basilica and obelisk in Vatican City’s St Peter’s Square and imagine a world with towering gladiators in the Colosseum.