What We Love
- A high-end hotel a short walk from St. Peter's Basilica, with breakfast and a welcome drinkThe ideal location in the heart of the city, a short walk from the Vatican
- The warm hospitality of the hotel, in keeping with the Franciscan tradition
- The complimentary breakfast that's included with your stay
What To Know
- The Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, and Vatican City are all within walking distance
- The rooftop terrace is your go-to spot for incredible views
- Free WiFi and parking at their onsite garage
How to Get There
We spent three nights at Il Cantico, a lovely boutique hotel on a quiet neighborhood street, within walking distance to the Vatican (10-15 minutes). The room and bathroom were very modern and clean. We had a large window overlooking the back garden, which we opened for some cool February air. The hallway in front of our room had a great picture window, showcasing the dome of St. Peter's Basilica. There was a small elevator as well as a staircase, a restaurant which we ate at when we arrived as it was late and raining in Rome that day. We enjoyed staying at Il Cantico.
I stayed three nights at the hotel which is only about a 10 minute walk to the St. Peter's Basilica. The hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood with a nice breakfast restaurant and very attentive staff. The rooms are clean and basic, nice upgraded bathrooms and relatively recently refurbished. It has a modern ambiance and is a good value for the money. I would stay here again.
We enjoyed a three-night stay and were pleased with our accommodations and the location. It’s near the Vatican, and bus routes to all of the sights of Rome are just a few minutes away. The concierges were helpful, and the breakfast was varied and plentiful. Lots of restaurants nearby.
This hotel is 15 mins walk to the Vatican, with a little effort you can use the trains to get here. We took the nearby train station to go to our cruise ship terminal. The decor is modern, simple clean. We liked the balcony for early evening happy hour. There is a convenient water fountain for filling up your water bottles. The bathroom is small but clean, typical of this class of hotel. There is a 24 grocery store walking distance for your sundry needs.I highly recommend this place.
1. Strange location, partially unsafe walk to Vatican.
2. Terrible service.
-WiFi not working during trip
-water dispensers not working
-bar with no bartender, guy can only make spritzes
-front desk answer to all questions is basically, “no, sorry”
3. Not clean. Stains all over room walls. Gross.
4. No conditioner, strange, just shampoo everywhere . But the answer there is also, “no, sorry”
5. Front desk staff regularly absent from front desk.
6. Last but not least: No AC!!!! Seriously?! They said, that’s right, “no, sorry”. Just open the window.
The people who gave this place a 5 must be bots.