Hotel Cristoforo Colombo
What We Love
- A lovely stay outside the center of Rome, with breakfast, a welcome drink and a dining discountAdmiring the chic interiors – and taking home some design tips
- Savoring the delicious handmade cakes and local specialties at the hotel's restaurant
- Enjoying a complimentary breakfast each morning and a welcome drink on arrival
What To Know
- Central Rome is a 30-minute commute but there's a bus stop right outside the hotel
- Breakfast is heavy on sweet pastries
- Free WiFi is quick and reliable
How to Get There
We booked only 1 night for the Euroma2 shopping so no big disappointment. But it's true that breakfast & room facilities are between 2 & 3 stars as they're NOT the same as in the official booking confirmation or on the hotel's site.
- Just next to the shopping center: 5 minutes by foot door to door,
- Winter promo price: 70 for TPL breakfast included (and in my opinion it is the maximum for what we've got),
- Warm room,
- Good coffee,
- Friendly personal except that for the 3 of us we got only 1 room card which is not convenient as you have to open the building's door with this card.
- Although the room looked tidy, it does not have the same fresh look as on the photos as in reality it's more like a motel room: very basic with no facilities expected from 4 stars. Half of the facilities are either exaggerated or absent although declared. For example, what is described as a "functional table" in reality is just a basic narrow table with nothing functional about it except that it's, true, a table, and so on,
- Suffocating urine or sewer smell coming from some place in the corridor which stinked all the room at night,
- The fridge was plugged in but didn' work, we noticed that too late so kept our stuff on the balcony (thanks to low winter t),
- There were no kettle, tea/coffee facilities which were declared to be in the Comfort room according to our official hotel's booking confirmation. Neither was there any mineral water or slippers mentioned for the Comfort rooms on the hotel's site.
- No duver covers - just sheets are provided that create a mess at restless night unless you sleep all night in 1 position.
- Breakfast is, again, NOT the same as on the hotel's site: if you see vegetables on the photos in reality there was NOT A SINGLE vegetable at breakfast, not even a tiny tomato or a cutten olive. Not to mention any fruit baskets - of course no fruit. Scrambled eggs are not scrambled eggs but rather a yellow egg taste liquid puree. Bacon is over over overcooked to the wooden condition. Just one type of yogurt in two bowls, no portioned yogurts (they are present in the pictures only).
Compared to democratic Best Western chain breakfast for 7.5 Euro per person, this one at Colombo is 3 Euro per person maximum or 4 if they fix their eggs & bacon chef.
- The only luxury option which was given was the airport transfer for 45 Euro. Luxury because it is overpriced as that is the price of the airport-city center (within Aurelia walls) official aiport taxi. The distance Colombo-Fiumicino is only 20 km & 20 minutes ride while as the airport-city center is 30 km & 40 minutes ride. The luxury transfer minivan overan all the other cars on the road racing on the left so the first luxury service is that we've got a 15 minute ride, the second is the feeling of a race winner (and alive of course). I just wonder how he deals withall those cameras fixing the speed limits.
So all in all, we've got the impression that the hotel was in the process of getting ready for a mass bus tourist group invasion which threatens the hotel's property so all expensive things like tea kettles & slippers, fruit & vegetables, selection of yogurts from the pictures were hidden away. Somehow we appeared in the middle of the process.
If expectations are decreased according to the saying 'Grandma said in two' then come here for a shopping day for 70 Euro per night but that's the limit.
Stay 2 nights in 2 rooms with my wife and 2 daughters in this hotel. We stay in second building which apart from lobby. A bit problem during the rain. The location was perfect and side by side with big malls that provide various foods and also big supermarkets inside. The breakfast was good but need more varieties.
The room was clean. Prefer to have higher room next time so we can have good view from glass window.
Will recommend this hotel to others.
Very clean, cosy stay and all the staff eager to help you, also you can order transfer to/from airport from the front desk. The circus was nearby, also the mall and across the street is the bus station.
The place is clean and neat. The reception and restaurant building is separated from hotel rooms. :)
Hotel staffs are polite. Breakfast is ok, too.
It is very far from the city center. You have to pay around 30 euros by cab to termini station. And that's a lot! No restaurants or groceries around. But, there's a mall nearby.
Don't book this hotel if you want to walk around bec there's nothing to see nearby. Just take the bus or cab.
I felt secured with this place.
Photos are too big to upload. So sorry.
I stayed at the hotel as part of a big group. It was quite a pain to get to the hotel but the room itself was not bad. I kept a bag of snacks (chocolates, biscuits, chips and others) and drinks bought in different countries with me as I was on the road a lot, and placed this bag on the table. I also left some candies (individually packed and unopened) on the table, before I left the room.
When I got back to the room, I was shocked to find out that my food bag and all other food items on the table disappeared. I immediately called reception and was told that they would find out who the housekeeper was and would call me back. They did not. So I went to reception again to check if there was any chance I could recover my stuff, and I was told to wait until they had found out the housekeeper and to drop by reception at checkout.
An hour later when it's time for us to leave the hotel, we went by the reception again and told them the same problem and were given the rudest treatment by this female receptionist (brunette with a high ponytail), whose name I did not remember. All she gave me was a blank stare, and said "NO" twice, when I asked her to check what was going on, and asked how they were going to deal with the problem. Not even a "sorry" for the mess or "thank you" when we returned our room card. I guess that's how they treated group guests in general. Simply disgusting behaviour.