Hotel Cristoforo Colombo
What We Love
- A lovely stay outside the center of Rome, with breakfast, a welcome drink and a dining discountAdmiring the chic interiors – and taking home some design tips
- Savoring the delicious handmade cakes and local specialties at the hotel's restaurant
- Enjoying a complimentary breakfast each morning and a welcome drink on arrival
What To Know
- Central Rome is a 30-minute commute but there's a bus stop right outside the hotel
- Breakfast is heavy on sweet pastries
- Free WiFi is quick and reliable
How to Get There
We stayed here for 2 nights before flying back to the states. The room was in good condition and clean. It wasn't very large but adequate for our stay. The down side was commuting into Rome. It is located next to a shopping center which was convenient for our needs. The restaurant was very good and priced accordingly.
This hotel was part of a package deal from Great Value Vacations. We had 5 days in Umbria, then two days in Rome. We drove a rental car all through Umbria, but did not want to drive in Rome due to the traffic and the parking difficulty. It is not convenient to the metro or the center city and seems to mostly cater to bus tourism. It was clean and quiet and there was plenty of free parking. The food was mediocre. The front desk staff were great. Taxis to/from the Vatican or city center were around 25 euro.
Easily accessible by bus (700 which i took) which just stops in front of the hotel. Friendly staff, not many varieties for buffet breakfast (particularly for vegetarians). Room and washrooms are good. I liked the little balcony attached to the room.