Hotel Cristoforo Colombo
What We Love
- A lovely stay outside the center of Rome, with breakfast, a welcome drink and a dining discountAdmiring the chic interiors – and taking home some design tips
- Savoring the delicious handmade cakes and local specialties at the hotel's restaurant
- Enjoying a complimentary breakfast each morning and a welcome drink on arrival
What To Know
- Central Rome is a 30-minute commute but there's a bus stop right outside the hotel
- Breakfast is heavy on sweet pastries
- Free WiFi is quick and reliable
How to Get There
Clean grounds/rooms and located right next to the Euroma mall. Great if you'd like to stay outside the center of Rome and still have access to shopping, good restaurants etc. Hotel staff are helpful, pool and lawn are pleasing.
This hotel is a comfortable 3-4 star hotel. The rooms are clean -- all are the same, so each room has 2 beds that you can choose to put together. There is a large parking lot for people renting a car. The breakfast is quite basic - the eggs are liquid, just so you know. The breakfast staff are very pleasant and efficient. They make excellent coffee. One big bonus about this hotel is that it is right next door to a large shopping mall that is easily walkable to - about 100 meters from the hotel. In the shopping mall there is a large grocery store and food court and many other shops in between. The hotel caters to large groups, so it can be noisy / busy in the main entrance area in the mornings.
This is a huge hotel with plenty of rooms.The room and the hotel was neat and clean.Thd breakfast was ok with hardly any dish for Vegetarians and the room was always overcrowded.
Our safe in the room was already locked for which we complained couple of times but nobody bothered to even come and see.Room felt hot and very uncomfortable at night but they said they can not start A C as the rules don't permit them to start AC before April.
We booked only 1 night for the Euroma2 shopping so no big disappointment. But it's true that breakfast & room facilities are between 2 & 3 stars as they're NOT the same as in the official booking confirmation or on the hotel's site.
- Just next to the shopping center: 5 minutes by foot door to door,
- Winter promo price: 70 for TPL breakfast included (and in my opinion it is the maximum for what we've got),
- Warm room,
- Good coffee,
- Friendly personal except that for the 3 of us we got only 1 room card which is not convenient as you have to open the building's door with this card.
- Although the room looked tidy, it does not have the same fresh look as on the photos as in reality it's more like a motel room: very basic with no facilities expected from 4 stars. Half of the facilities are either exaggerated or absent although declared. For example, what is described as a "functional table" in reality is just a basic narrow table with nothing functional about it except that it's, true, a table, and so on,
- Suffocating urine or sewer smell coming from some place in the corridor which stinked all the room at night,
- The fridge was plugged in but didn' work, we noticed that too late so kept our stuff on the balcony (thanks to low winter t),
- There were no kettle, tea/coffee facilities which were declared to be in the Comfort room according to our official hotel's booking confirmation. Neither was there any mineral water or slippers mentioned for the Comfort rooms on the hotel's site.
- No duver covers - just sheets are provided that create a mess at restless night unless you sleep all night in 1 position.
- Breakfast is, again, NOT the same as on the hotel's site: if you see vegetables on the photos in reality there was NOT A SINGLE vegetable at breakfast, not even a tiny tomato or a cutten olive. Not to mention any fruit baskets - of course no fruit. Scrambled eggs are not scrambled eggs but rather a yellow egg taste liquid puree. Bacon is over over overcooked to the wooden condition. Just one type of yogurt in two bowls, no portioned yogurts (they are present in the pictures only).
Compared to democratic Best Western chain breakfast for 7.5 Euro per person, this one at Colombo is 3 Euro per person maximum or 4 if they fix their eggs & bacon chef.
- The only luxury option which was given was the airport transfer for 45 Euro. Luxury because it is overpriced as that is the price of the airport-city center (within Aurelia walls) official aiport taxi. The distance Colombo-Fiumicino is only 20 km & 20 minutes ride while as the airport-city center is 30 km & 40 minutes ride. The luxury transfer minivan overan all the other cars on the road racing on the left so the first luxury service is that we've got a 15 minute ride, the second is the feeling of a race winner (and alive of course). I just wonder how he deals withall those cameras fixing the speed limits.
So all in all, we've got the impression that the hotel was in the process of getting ready for a mass bus tourist group invasion which threatens the hotel's property so all expensive things like tea kettles & slippers, fruit & vegetables, selection of yogurts from the pictures were hidden away. Somehow we appeared in the middle of the process.
If expectations are decreased according to the saying 'Grandma said in two' then come here for a shopping day for 70 Euro per night but that's the limit.
Stay 2 nights in 2 rooms with my wife and 2 daughters in this hotel. We stay in second building which apart from lobby. A bit problem during the rain. The location was perfect and side by side with big malls that provide various foods and also big supermarkets inside. The breakfast was good but need more varieties.
The room was clean. Prefer to have higher room next time so we can have good view from glass window.
Will recommend this hotel to others.