What We Love
- An elegant Roman villa stay in the Eternal City, with a peaceful garden and moreThe peaceful location in Rome’s Monte Sacro neighbourhood, close to the city centre
- All-day coffee, cocktails, browsing and book-borrowing at the Internet Café Lounge & Library
- Lovely guest rooms, each with sleek décor, warm colour tones and streamlined furnishings
What To Know
- The quiet residential location means it's far from the city center
- The guestrooms are simple but come with mod-cons
- Daily breakfast spread of fresh croissants is a nice touch
For style-hunters seeking a characterful stay in the Eternal City, this classy little three-storey villa with an elegant interior garden is a spot-on pick. Set in the peaceful Monte Sacro neighbourhood, it has everything you’d want from a Rome pad: a super-central setting, carefully-curated interiors, and a high level of service.
Once you’ve gorged on ancient art and architecture in the Italian capital, head back here to enjoy a quick sweat session in the little gym or a pampering treatment in your room. Alternatively, spend your time in the Internet Café Lounge & Library – a laid-back spot that’s perfect for web browsing, book-borrowing, listening to music, and sinking a few bottles of Italian beer.
Good to know
The hotel offers guests a complimentary shuttle service to the Conca d’Oro metro station where it’s just seven direct stops to the Coliseum.
Please note that a city tax of €6 per person, per night is payable directly to the hotel.
How to Get There
This is our second time in Rome and this hotel was a lot better than the one we first stayed in. It is out of the way from the city centre, however the metro is a 5 minute walk. The walk to the metro is down steep steps or a hill so I wouldn't advise this hotel for elderly or disabled as getting to the centre via taxi everyday would become expensive. The hotel itself is clean, we were surprised the bed was a double and not two singles pushed together! Air con could be better. Breakfast was about as good as it would get, a good selection. The hotel reception are very helpful, found it odd that we had to leave our room key with them every time we went out but at least it saved us losing it I suppose. Would recommend this hotel for somewhere away from the hustle and bustle of Rome.
Calling this hotel a “Rooftop 4 stars hotel” is fals advertising!
We went on a week long holiday to Rome and booked a room at ARS Hotel.
We were prepared to live outside of Rome and have a 4 star hotel experience. This is more like a comfortable 2 star hotel.
- The distance to public transportation is a nice 10 min walk. The area might seem a little dodgey, but it is really not and there are great places to eat in the neighborhood.
- The rooms are big and well decorated. The beds are hard though and compiled of two single beds pushed together, so prepare yourself on lying in a significant crack in the middle and pushing the two beds together every morning.
- The cleaning is okay, though very unstable, but we slept in the same - obviously dirty - sheets for a week.
- The breakfast was the same dry bread, cheap toppings and old cakes. Not anywhere near a 4 star experience.
- The people working in the reception is nice, but don’t ask them anything too complicated. They don’t seem to know.
- The rooftop lounge does really exist but that is about it. The furnitures are made of hard plastic and the area is not inviting and in any way exclusive. There is no shade during the day and the parasol is broken.
All in all we had a nice stay, but not the expirience we expected or thought we paid for.
Lovely boutique hotel, rooms and hotel very clean, staff helpful, a fair way outside Rome but on a good bus route ( which is an experience in itself ) nice restaurant and bars in walking distance . Would def return here !!
The Ars Hotel, is right on the the Piazza Monte Baldo, although this is the back entrance. We managed to enter through the back gate and find our way to reception. The hotel is very grand and beautifully decorated. The reception staff were excellent. They were very helpful (even booking a restaurant they recommended to us for dinner).
Our room was on the same floor as reception. The room is a good size, plenty of room for luggage. We had a large window with views over the garden. There is a queen sized bed, flat screen TV (with english channels), small bar fridge and tea & coffee making facilities.
The bathroom is small but big enough. There is a bidet and the shower has good pressure and heat. There is free secure WiFi.
Breakfast is included and is OK. There are choices of cereal, breads, hot foods and pastries.
The front desk staff at this hotel are brilliant. They really want to help you and you get a nice warm welcome which starts your holiday off well.
The hotel is quite far from Rome and it's up a back street so it isn't the easiest to find! It took us 2 hours to get back one night because of a problem with the buses.
The showers in this hotel could do with being updated. The hot water was tepid at best and the shower pointed at the wall so you had to have 1 hand pointing the shower at you.
The breakfast here was pleasant surprise, the pastries and cakes were delicious. The bacon and eggs though, not so much.