What We Love
- Upscale beachfront stay at the first Nordic balneological health resort, with a supersized spaStaying right by the beach in Larvik, with Oslo within driving distance
- Blissing out in the supersized spa, the largest in Scandinavia at 2,500 square metres
- Booking yoga, body-balancing and meditation classes at the brilliant on-site gym
What To Know
- The Larvik Museum and Larvik Train Station are just a 5- and 10-minute walk away respectively
- You Can arrange mediation classes and walking tours through the hotel
- Free WiFi
It’s unexpectedly cool at this futuristic property in the under-the-radar town of Larvik, on Norway’s south coast. Opened in 2009, it’s fast become a go-to spot for guests seeking a relaxed stay with beach access and top-notch pampering. And best of all, it’s within driving distance from Oslo – Norway’s easy-going capital offering endless amounts of breathtaking natural landscapes.
Farris Bas is the first Nordic balneological health resort – so, as you may expect, it’s the expansive, 27,000-sq.-ft. on-site spa that truly steals the show here. Features including a swimming pool, Turkish bath, sauna, hot tubs and a plethora of treatments ranging from couples massages to signature facials. You’ll have a chance to indulge in utter tranquillity, as you take in the gorgeous and calming views out to the sea.
When it comes to dining, Farris Bad has it covered with a signature restaurant showcasing sophisticated Norwegian-influenced fare created with locally-produced and mostly organic ingredients. There’s also a bar for cocktails and craft beers, a brilliant gym for cardio workouts and scheduled classes, and 176 guest rooms and suites assuring minimalist-inspired, contemporary decor, coupled with plenty of living space and ample mod cons.
How to Get There
This is an exeptional hotel. The theme of the hotel is based on the SPA experience, but also the location at the beach in Larvik. During the summer you'll have direct access to the beach and during rest of the year you may endulge indoor pampering.
Unfortunately not quite up to the advertised standards - we don’t mind paying top money for a top product at all, but compared to all other hotels we usually stay at we found Farris Bad to be poor value for money.
An excellent stay to calm down and relax in wonderful surroundings. My daughter who is 16 years old found this place as a better experience than a swimmingpool center. We enjoyed calmness and achieved serenity. Very recommendable!