- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Villa Orselina in Orselina, you’ll be next to a golf course and minutes from Madonna del Sasso, and close to Piazza Grande. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Casino Locarno and Mount Cardada.
Make yourself at home in one of the 28 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and DVD players. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and digital programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms have jetted bathtubs and complimentary toiletries. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find an outdoor pool, an indoor pool, and a spa tub. Additional amenities at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and an arcade/game room.
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 2 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include express check-in, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. A train station pick-up service is provided at no charge, and self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
The hotel is located high above Lago Maggiore with almost a 360o view of the lake and the city of Locarno below. The hotel reminds me of a luxury villa in Ticino. It can be reached both by car and by the Funicolare, a train that goes straight up the mountain from Locarno center. You can visit all restaurants in the town and go to your hotel hassle free-no parking or maneuvering of cars! Not only is Locarno at your feet but you can walk over to the air lift leading up to Cardada mountain and enjoy a hike in a typical Swiss alpine region.
+ very clean and mostly modern property
+ quiet, please don't come here if you are loud
+ panorama room is really great with everything u need
+ large heated pool
+ nice swimming pool area with service (though understaffed)
- restaurant is good but not worthy of such a 5 star hotel. both food choice, quality and preparation time left us consistently unsatisfied, especially considering the price point.
- the 4 course meal stayed the same the whole week which is unacceptable. the courses where a shame. the desert for instance was pre-made in a glass coming out of the fridge like in a lunchroom. we waited 1 hour for the main dish which was the sole which was tiny, steamed too long and hardly seasoned. this was really a shame.
- the kitchen is overwhelmed when there are more than 10 tables at once.
- in general the service is nice but for a 5 star hotel one would expect more than a glass of half stale rosé when arriving after asking for it ("yes, if u want, it's included..."). I would expect a better interplay between hotel and kitchen to create a holistic 5 star experience, e.g. offer some ticino specialities when arriving?
- unfortunately the place is at the hills so there's not much alternatives for a restaurant
- the owner seems occupied with the VIP guests. it wouldn't hurt to greet all guests. also, we didn't see the owner after the first night for 3 days. seem's the hotel is more concerned to impress the outside ("best hotels in switzerland", instagram, etc.) than the inside which are the guests
- price, then again it's ticino, switzerland, summer and compared to the other hotels in locarno, there is not much of a choice
all in all a great experience if u can look past the culinary part. I wished they knew how to create a 5 star experience, unfortunately they still have to learn it.
We stayed here as part of a multi-centre trip to Switzerland. This is a small hotel located above Locarno in the village of Orselina close to the Madonna del Sasso Church. Access from Locarno Station is by bus, funicular railway or taxi (about 20CHF). However, the hotel will collect arriving guests at the Station and return them to the Station on departure at no extra charge. It is necessary to contact the hotel at least 24hours before arrival to take advantage of this service. It worked for us. Check-in was straightforward and we accepted the offer of a complimentary welcoming glass of Prosecco. We were given a local guest card which permitted free use of buses, and discount on the funicular. Our room was air-conditioned and had a spectacular view over Locarno and the north end of Lake Maggiore. Its balcony had a sun-lounger and chairs to enjoy the sights. There was a large multichannel television, included Wi-Fi, a minibar, coffee/tea making facilities, bottled water. The bathroom had a large multi-waterjet shower cubicle with variable intensity and colour lighting. This was entertaining (we had requested a shower rather than a bath) and even the toilet could be programmed. The hotel has one indoor and one outdoor swimming pool, and a fitness room. There is a lunchtime restaurant at the poolside. The main restaurant is excellent with a view out over Locarno and Lake Maggiore. The menu is described as light Mediterranean cooking and we particularly enjoyed the red mullet and couscous, the pike perch, and the apple tarte tatin. There was a comprehensive breakfast buffet and eggs were freshly cooked to order. The staff were helpful and polite and mostly spoke English. We stayed here four years ago and our return visit did not disappoint. Now we want an excuse to stay there again.