Hotel Eden Roc
What We Love
- Alternating between the Finnish sauna and ice fountain in the sybaritic spa designed by Carlo Rampazzi
- Having space to sprawl: singles and suites aside, rooms are between 325 and 430 square feet
- Supping al fresco on creative cuisine (picture lobster with yuzu and purple curry) at La Brezza
- Tooling around Lake Maggiore in the hotel’s vintage Riva Aquarama or sailing on its 33-foot Saffier
- Knowing that kayaks, SUPS, bikes and even Vespas are free to borrow
What To Know
- Built in 1971 and expanded several times since, it offers lodgings in three buildings, each with a distinctive décor
- Breakfast, minibar beverages, WiFi, parking, train transfers, Ticino public transit and assorted water sports are included
- The pretty umbrella-edged beach is private and sandy but certainly not big by North American standards
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
- Pet Friendly
- Room Service
Swiss hospitality meets Italian flair (with a dash of Miami Beach funk) at this glamorous resort hotel on Lake Maggiore’s northern shore
The Eden Roc name is synonymous with retro-style Floridian flash: witness designer Carlo Rampazzi’s riotous colors, bold patterns, and funky accents in the main-wing guest rooms or the chic 60s-inspired ones in the newest section, Marina. Many of the other ingredients for a hedonistic holiday are onsite, too: there’s a private beach, three pools, a yacht-filled marina, a stunning full-service spa, and a quartet of waterside restaurants. Nevertheless, the overall vibe is far more la dolce vita than Miami Vice (you’re in the Italian-speaking Ticino region, after all)—think quiet sunbathing, swimming and boating in lieu of any thumping nightclub or poolside DJ. Underscoring its family-friendly philosophy, Eden Roc Ascona also promises free children’s programs in peak season and trained sitters year-round: divided by age group, the former offers the expected supervised activities for kids and teens along with extras like banana-boat rides and, this being Switzerland, etiquette lessons.
In the Area
On the shores of Lake Maggiore, Eden Roc Ascona provides a classic beach experience. Guests tend to stick close by or take advantage of water sports like boating, waterskiing, and wake-boarding. That said, Ascona itself is an Instagrammable resort town that offers a café-lined promenade and plenty of high-end shopping opportunities. Its central piazza is five-minute walk away; alternately, you can borrow a bike or Vespa onsite and buzz into the lovely city of Locarno, where more is in store. The closest golf course is a five-minute drive. Want to explore further afield? Eden Roc’s helicopter, limo, and charter boat services can take you there.
How to Get There
Amazing hotel with outstanding service and stuffs, specially Sabrina in the reception and Joseph on the concierge they were so helpful and always with a big smile. Thanks Eden Rock and Of course will come again.
We were greeted really warmly by the porters and check-in staff when we arrived. We felt even warmer when we found out we were upgraded to a junior suite with a lake view. The suite was fabulous with an enormous terrace.
The public areas were really nice and the service was great.
We had only one negative - the bar. Swiss measures are not big, but the ones in the bar were downright miniscule - but not the prices. In addition, while the service was OK, it wasn't at the same level as that of the rest of the hotel. Shame that it spoiled what would otherwise have been a completely 5 star experience.
La Brezza restaurant
After two meals at this fabulous restaurant that has just received its first michelin star we are sure it is already moving to its second
Food excellent and creative
A must visit