Aonang Phu Petra Resort Krabi
What To Know
- The resort provides a free hourly shuttle to Ao Nang beach and the main area of town
- Rooms are enormous but could use some updating
- WiFi is super spotty
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Aonang Phu Petra Resort Krabi in Krabi, you’ll be near the airport and convenient to Ao Phai Plong and Ao Nang Beach. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of West Railay Beach and East Railay Beach.
Treat yourself to a stay in one of the 25 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring fireplaces and LCD televisions. Rooms have private balconies. Satellite programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Relax and unwind with massages, body treatments, and facials. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride on the complimentary shuttle, which operates within 1.5 km.
Food & Drink
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, where you can take in a garden view, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. Full breakfasts are available for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle during limited hours and a ferry terminal shuttle.
How to Get There
We returned to Aonang Phu Petra Resort after less than a year as we had really liked this small scale resort during our first visit. Our second visit was even better than the first. The staff are exceptional with reception staff being very helpful, restaurant staff very accommodating to special requests and the rooms very well maintained by very friendly staff. The resort is located in an area with beautiful limestone cliffs and the walking street of Aonang and Aonang Beach are close by. Very highly recommended. It was our impression that the staff are all long term and that they are continuously working to enhance the visitor experience.
Since we reached earlier than the check-in time, we had to wait for around 3 hours at the reception (which is fine). We were welcomed with a drink and refreshing towels which seems to be a standard across hotels in Thailand.
However, while waiting, we had to buy a 500 ml water bottle for 59 baht. The same bottle was available in the room service menu for 20 bahts. Even at any restaurant, it is priced at 30 bahts.
Coming to room, it was extremely spacious, almost the space of two rooms. The bathroom was big as well with a bathtub. However there was an amazing lack of toiletries. No toothbrush, toothpaste, cotton buds etc. The foaming bath for bath tub was also low quality.
The breakfast was complementary but lacked options. We were vegetarians (who eat eggs) however even for non-veg we didn't notice a lot of options. Omlette counter was good. They had a few good desserts as well. However coffee was lukewarm.
They advertise free shuttles to the beach however the timings are less. The last shuttle from the beach to the hotel leaves at 9.20 pm.
The beach is around 2.5 kms from the hotel, so I regretted not staying closer to the beach.
Overall, it was not just worth the money as you would feel like you are staying at budget hotel.
Extraordinary place with amazing service! Everything was person - from the room, through the staff and the food. We felt like we are the only people in the hotel! There is a free shuttle to the beach hourly throughout the day, however you can also walk to it - it’s around 20 minutes. It is super beautiful location and the pool is so nice! Special thanks to the girl that is a trainee at the reception who showed us our room and helped us with everything else - our transfer etc. - special thanks to her and the waitress with the short hair in the restaurant. I highly recommend this place!
Firstly the positives:
- Gorgeous surroundings, and cottages which are quiet and relaxed. Large bathroom with good shower and a bath, which a lovely sink in the middle of the room.
- Friendly and helpful staff, they helped remove a nasty bug from my room, and were always courteous.
- Useful shuttle every hour to the beach
Unfortunately some negatives which did outweigh those positives mentioned above.
- The restaurant was not good, both meals (a pizza and poached eggs breakfast) were quite poor. Infact it was a limited buffet due to lack of people, it just felt a little soulless. Appreciate breakfast was free so I can’t complain too much. However this feeling was further compounded with the resort feeling almost empty, and it felt somewhat isolating on Saturday when a lot of the beach resort had closed down due to the alcohol ban.
- Check in seemed to take too long, I had to write down my card details, surely this could have been simpler or could have been done for me. I was tired and didn’t have the energy for the slightly over the top overview of the hotel which wasn’t required given it’s overall lack of things to do for the weekend. There was also three people checking me in which was odd, considering I had to write my card details down myself, not sure if they were training. I was also told to leave my key behind the counter upon leaving the resort and that I would be charged for any guests staying overnight. I cant recall ever been told that before, felt slightly an odd thing to mention.
- The room makeup performed on the Saturday resulted in the removal of my towel, which you are only provided one in the first place, which again is not common and felt rationed. I had my own which I ended up using as the phone to reception didn’t work, and didn’t want to dress to go back to reception. There were also no complimentary shower gels or shampoo which are always handy and would be expected in a 4 star.
All in all I wouldn’t return but it certainly wasn’t terrible, perhaps I had a very quiet weekend at the resort. It’s certainly not 4 stars, it had more of a 2/3 star feel. In comparison to neighbouring resorts I had stayed at earlier, they need to work on the small things above.
The third star really came from the friendly staff.
A warm welcome after a long trip. The rooms are well equipped, big, clean and cozy. All the staff is hand-on, attentive and really taking care of everything and always focusing on the guests well being. The breakfast was perfect with quite a lot of nice dishes to choose from. The shuttle bus is a good offer as the resort is located just over 2 km from the centre. Works really well. We do recommend this beautiful resort :)