What We Love
- A half-board stay at an elegant base near the harbour of Vela LukaSampling the local delicacy of peka; slow-roasted meats prepared to perfection
- Opting to take a relaxing walk along the stunning private beach
- Forgetting all your worldly worries with an essential oil massage at the wellness centre
What To Know
- The hotel runs a shuttle boat to and from their beach (Azzurro—on the other side of the bay) every half-hour
- Relax between the hotel's two saunas, fitness center, and Kneipp (water therapy) pool
- Free WiFi
Dotting the southern Dalmatian coast, some of Croatia’s most decorous Adriatic islands invite you to slow right down – as much to take in their medieval towns, serene sandy coves and mouthwatering delicacies (like dry white Posip and makaruni pasta), as falling victim to their famously chilled-out vibe.
Swathed by fragrant olive groves and vineyards, one of the greenest and seductive Dalmatian isles is Korcula. On its western shores, in the pretty port town of Vela Luka, the four-star Hotel Korkyra oozes class and distinction. You’re perfectly set for an ultra-relaxing stay; from the sky-blue pool, private beach and upscale wellness centre, straight through to the chic restaurant and minimalist-inspired bar. All that this recently renovated hotel is lacking is a tanned, carefree and utterly laid-back you, quite frankly.