Six Senses Samui
What We Love
- Daily breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- Privacy and seclusion on the tip of Samui
- Secluded outdoor showers in all villas; many have private pools
- A full-service spa
- Two innovative restaurants and an extensive wine cellar
What To Know
- Better for couples — families might feel out of place here
- The airport is only about six miles away; transfers are about $10 when arranged through the property
- Samui is about a 45-minute flight from Bangkok
- The location is a bit isolated; you’ll need to arrange transportation for activities off the resort
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Six Senses Samui in Koh Samui (Bo Put), you’ll be convenient to Wat Plai Laem and Big Buddha Statue. This 5-star resort is within close proximity of Wat Phra Yai and Mini Golf International.
Make yourself at home in one of the 66 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Your room comes with a Select Comfort bed. Satellite programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Bathrooms feature separate bathtubs and showers, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including an outdoor pool and a fitness center. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the area shuttle (surcharge).
Grab a bite at one of the resort’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. Buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, express check-out, and dry cleaning/laundry services. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
One of the best experiences we have ever had! Koh Samui feels like paradise, the rooms are amazing with gorgeous views and modern amenities, the staff is top notch - everyone we met had a smile. The restaurants, food and drinks were all delightful, and we thoroughly enjoyed the spa services. Our GEM, Faii, was so great and she set up a sweet last night honeymoon bath treat for us. We loved every second and hope to come back soon!
The rooms are all situated on hills, so you get to experience walking up and down stairs carved into the hill. You have a large bamboo high door that is used for privacy and there is a small garden inside the door upon entering, and then you have a locking front door to the villa. They were sweet enough to put a sign on our door saying "Honeymooning!"
The rooms was very bright and welcoming, the plunge pool was perfect and we spent a lot of time in it. We requested an Ocean Front view and the view did not disappoint!
All of the staff was very friendly and one even drove us into town and toured around the old city with us! It was such a nice experience, we definitely want to come back soon!
We have chosen the Six Senses Samui as destination for our honeymoon, so that our expectations were quite high. The Six Senses Samui is more than brilliant! The Ocean View Pool Villa is cozy, well equipped and designed. The service is outstanding; all people are extremely helpful and delighted to support. With our personal Guest Experience Manager we are more than happy! She is very open minded and always willing to make our stay even more unique. All the amenities in the course of overall character of the resort underline their way of a perfect stay.
Thank you so much!
We visited Koh Samui on 23rd February 2019, before booking we were confused regarding few properties in Samui but after thorough survey we booked with Six Senses. We never expected our holiday to be such a wonderful experience. We have booked Villa No 55 and 56 as it is near the beach with private pool. The Service in the resort was impeccable, the staff was extremely courteous. The food was excellent including the breakfast which had wide varieties of delicacies. Bo was very helpful throughout our stay. She helped us with various information regarding the nightlife, water sports and sailing. Yes we went for the sea sailing which was arranged by the resort at an extra cost. All in all, it’s a complete relaxing place. The Spa was also a new experience in itself. All in all, it was a wonderful experience and an ultimate stress buster tripUrs and also don’t miss out on the infinity pool, which have a mind boggling view of the horizon.
We felt welcome from the time we were picked up at the airport until the drop off at the pier.
The staff was excellent, special thanks to Faii (our butler / guest experience manager) who went the extra mile for us!
Beach a bit small and pool too warm to stay. Otherwise perfect.
My husband and I visited this luxurious resort during the last 6 days of January 2019.
- Around 15 minutes from the airport. Airport taxi costs around 500 THB.
- Greeted with cold towels and refreshments.
- We were greeted by the General Manager, Mr. Gary, who was very charming and made us feel welcomed.
- CON: We arrived at 10:30 AM and check-in was at 14:00. So we had to wait until 14:30. We had a long trip coming from Kuwait and were extremely exhausted. Waiting was no fun. On the other hand, we were offered drinks at the bar and we napped in the library (the AC was on).
GEM (Guest Experience Makers):
- So each guest is assigned to a GEM, we were lucky to have Summer.
- She made it her mission to fulfill our every need. Most of the time without us having to ask!
- For example, we once had a day excursion with a company outside the hotel. We came back to find cold refreshments in our room with a side note.
- She made sure everything was personalized, as if she can read our minds and know our needs somehow.
- Amazing how caring she is, even during her day off she informed us beforehand and another nice lady came instead.
- Summer came in every morning to say hello during breakfast and made small chats.
- She made our experience ten times much enjoyable! Thank you Summer, you are a true gem.
- We took villa 56 (Ocean Front Pool Villa Suite), it was spacious and private (recommended for hijabis!).
- Housekeeping twice a day. During the day they made sure sunshine came in, your personal belongings aligned perfectly (for a person with OCD sounds great!), during the night they open the bed nets, and curtains were down. Lights were dimmed. They can seriously read my mind! She once added a bookmark to my book that had a nice piece of advice on it and that was lovely. Thoughtful.
- Cleaning took too long though, we didn’t mind it most of the time.
- They had everything we needed in the room, including aloe vera and insect repellants.
- There was a book with basic Thai phrases and manners (do’s and don’ts)and that was useful.
- The pool was very clean, water was a bit cold but easy to get used to. Not bad at all.
- We only saw 3 insects during our 5 nights (nothing dangerous) but that’s normal in Thailand.
- I made sure that the villa didn’t have any trees obstructing the sea view, and they fulfilled their promise. Thank you!
- Choices: Dinner by the rocks, dinner on the hill, drinks by the pool, drinks next to the ocean (I don’t know what it’s called exactly), and they had the dine in menu.
- Dinner on the hills: Food was okay, very thai-ish (not a fan of thai food). Not a lot of options for people like me. But it wasn’t that bad. Maybe needs more options.
- Dine-in: Not bad, we ordered pizza and pasta. Not very delicious, it lacks “flavor” I guess.
- Breakfast: Not my favorite buffet tbh. A lot of thai food again. But they had options like pancakes, waffles, omelette, sweet potato hashbrowns. I guess they’re trying to stick to the whole “Thai experience”. Overall, I’d say it was good because I was fine with the other non-Thai options.
- Keep in mind that most of their food is organic and grown locally and they have their own farm and chicken.
- Halal: Chicken, yes. Beef, no. But double check with chef.
- Cost: A bit expensive $$.
Hotel in general:
- So many options!
- Yoga class: The place is amazing in front of the beach. The view was breathtaking during sunset. The instructor was patient since it was my husband’s first time. Extra cost ofc, I think around 2000 THB.
- Gym: Cardio and muscle building. We had a quick look.
- Biking: In and outside the resort
- Movie under the stars
- BBQ by the pool with movie of your choice
- They had a pamphlet with weekly activities in the room (photo attached if interested).
- Golf cart to and from your room (you can still walk the distance. The place is amazing even at night).
- Safety: I’d say yes. Security guards walking around and staff at all times.
- They had day trips as well but were more expensive than places outside. Twice the price, sometimes more.
- Their car was available at all times if you need a ride. They do not have taxi numbers so we sort of had no choice. Five-hundred THB per ride. The taxi was the same price for some places.
- Fifteen minutes away from airport
- Fifteen minutes away from Fisherman’s Village.
- Excellent restaurant for a date night: Salefino restaurant (Italian).
Thank you Six Senses Samui for truly making this trip memorable.