Paradise Beach Resort
What We Love
- A beautifully restyled resort in a quiet location on the island’s northern shore, extras includedA visit to the on-site dive centre - the waters around Koh Samui are teeming with colourful marine life
- The newly updated interiors in the Villas and Grand Deluxe rooms - think calm white simplicity
- Relaxing poolside (there are two pools, in fact) with a cocktail
What To Know
- The hotel runs a free shuttle bus to and from Chaweng and Bophut
- Free WiFi is strong and even reaches the beach
- The pools have plenty of daybeds and umbrellas – you likely won't have to wait one out
Koh Samui may know how to entertain, but there’s a mellower side to the island that’s more about relaxation than raving. On the pale sands of Maenam Beach, you’ll find the aptly named Paradise Beach Resort: an elegantly designed property set in tropical gardens, lush with traveller’s palms and coconut trees.
Recently revamped, Paradise Beach Resort’s style is predominantly white and airy, with pops of sunshine yellow and ikat-print textiles. Watch intense sunsets tinge the sky from the beach bar (it just so happens to be happy hour around this time) and dine on fresh Thai flavours by the sea at Terrace Restaurant – from here, you can see Koh Phangan.
Of course no Thai island getaway would be complete without a traditional massage. Retreat to the resort’s on-site spa to choose from an array of locally inspired therapies, using indigenous natural products.