Mantra Samui Resort
What We Love
- A cheeky and laid-back vibe with cheery service
- Fun amenities, like a movie theater and indoor coffee bar operating out of a vintage bus
- Green initiatives: paperless check-in and business cards made from recycled paper (with info printed in Thai — perfect for sharing with your cab driver)
- Kids are welcome: There’s a kids club with activities
What To Know
- Best for couples and families
- Free shuttle bus to/from Bophut Beach (5-7 minutes) and Chaweng (20 minutes)
- The resort is on a steep hill, so be ready to climb stairs to get around (staffers are happy to convey you in a golf cart)
- WiFi is free
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Mantra Samui Resort in Koh Samui, you’ll be by the ocean and convenient to Samui Go Kart and Bo Phut Beach. This 5-star resort is within close proximity of Bo Phut Beach Pier and Fisherman’s Village Plaza.
Make yourself at home in one of the 82 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring refrigerators and LCD televisions. Your room comes with a Select Comfort bed. Rooms have private balconies. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Bathrooms have rainfall showerheads and designer toiletries.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as an outdoor pool, a spa tub, and a sauna. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the area shuttle (surcharge).
Grab a bite to eat at the resort’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. A complimentary breakfast is included.
Featured amenities include express check-out, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) and a ferry terminal shuttle.
How to Get There
We've been here now for a week on our honeymoon and just decided to stay another :). Place is just perfect, paradise on earth. View is breathtaking, rooms very clean and the staff is just amazing, very friendly and speak good english. Love the breakfast also. The free shuttle is very handy and you can also rent a scooter from the hotel, only few hundred baht a day. By far the best hotel I've ever been to.
This hotel is not ideal if you need a beach front or other hotels and restaurants in walking distance. But to have a spacious and classy room with an astonishing view, top class service and a really nice restaurant which caters for many different tastes - what else would you need. Not to mention the view from the amazing infinity pool. The gym is one of the most extensive you have experienced. The staff is very friendly and helpful and makes you feel at home.
We stayed at the love ocean view room on the top floor. Our room was very clean and this was the first time I could go to sleep or take shower in a hotel without worrying about germs. (Im a bit ocd)
Staff were really friendly and helpful. The infinity pool was the highlight of our stay at the Mantra, the views are simply breathtaking.
If you are looking for a quiet and peaceful place to unwind and relax from the hectic city life, Mantra Samui is the place to book.
I’ll start by saying this is a very lovely 4 star hotel... but by no means a 5 star hotel.
There were some great features but also quite a few annoyances.
- The infinity pool is amazing. The temperature was always perfect and it’s salt water so you could literally spend hours in there. You can swim up the the restaurant bar to order drinks and have them in the pool too. And because this hotel is more focused towards adults there were rarely kids in the pool.
- The bar and restaurant staff were great. Their English was better than the reception staff (I’ll get to that later) and they remembered drinks and coffees you like.
- The food offered at lunch and dinner was really good. Enough options to try new things daily and the prices were similar to outside the hotel.
- The spa was lovely and the treatments were amazing. Worth spending a bit more in the hotel than some of the “spas” in fisherman’s village.
- The garden view rooms are very spacious and have lots of space in the wardrobes. No garden view though, just a view of the resort and driveway. We didn’t spend much time on the balcony so not a big issue.
- The resort is very secluded from the touristy areas so super chilled and quiet and only patrons in the resort which made it so relaxing.
The not-so-great things:
- Because the hotel is so secluded you have to get a shuttle into town. This was a free shuttle from the hotel that runs every hour however they don’t leave until about 10am (or maybe even 11am?!) so if you want to get down earlier you have to pay AU$8-12 to get out of the resort (unless you want to walk 40 mins in the heat down a series of streets and driveways). The shuttle also got full VERY quickly. You literally need to book as far in advance as possible. We tried to book a shuttle 24 hours in advance and couldn’t get the first three shuttles of the day! And the hotel wouldn’t do anything for us except order a taxi we had to pay for. We ended up spending over AU$100 on taxis to and from the hotel because we couldn’t get on the shuttle. The annoying thing is that they have another shuttle just sitting there in the driveway... why not have two running so the guests aren’t inconvenienced?!
- We also booked our free return to the airport on checkout via email but when we checked out the reception staff couldn’t even understand what we were asking (where is our airport transfer?) because there English was so limited and there was no record of the booking. I showed them my email but they couldn’t read it. They understood “airport” so went to book a taxi for us... anyway, we eventually got the transfer after waiting half an hour and thankfully left plenty of time for our flight.
- The breakfast was pretty average... we were expecting lots of Thai options as well as western options but it was essentially a few Chinese options in a very small buffet and fried or scrambled eggs or omelette. You can tick a box for mushrooms and tomatoes but you will only get a few tiny little mushrooms. For a couple of days it’s ok but after a week we were so over it, and unless you want to pay for a taxi into town you’re kind of stuck eating it.
- Bed was sooo uncomfortable :(
TIP: They don’t give you much water in the room but will bring you bottles if you call for it. Call for it from your room otherwise you have to pay for it by the pool.
Overall, it was still a lovely hotel and a relaxing stay but I would not go back.
We had the time of our lives in this beautiful hotel.
The view is spectacular the photos here do not do it justice. You can relax around in the pool while looking out enjoying this special place it really is calming and peacful.
Our Sea View Room took us by surprise we could see Koh Phangan, the sea and parts of Samui from our pillow on our bed. Waking up to that was breathtaking.
The actual size of the rooms are great!
There is so many little things that make this hotel special, trust the reviews its amazing.
The view from the gym is incredible! Also very good to use. The 24 hour service like buggy's, room service was great. The free mini bar was a touch of class the products in the bathrooms! The shower head, the A.C. was great the TV in the room.
The staff here are exceptional!! We were really looked after by Tony & Rat and many more they all just oozed friendliness. From the reception staff the guys that brought us home every night and had the pleasure of listening to our ramblings while dropping us to our door, to the bar staff the waited on us hand and foot bring us drinks to the pool and all of the mornings for breakfast. Thank you for making our stay so pleasant and peaceful. Thank you for all the smiles the days we spent here will stay with us forever.