The Anam Resort
What We Love
- A villa at a five-star World Luxury resort on the beautiful Vietnam coast, with breakfast and moreThe picture-perfect location of the beachside resort
- Taking a long soak in the lovely sunken tub that overlooks the villa's private garden
- Taking a stroll on the sandy white beach while waiting for the sun to set
What To Know
- The resort just opened in August 2016
- If the beach isn't for you, try out the tri-level pool
- Balinese massages are available in the onsite Sri Mara Spa
- WiFi works well
Elegant, pristine and completely luxurious, The Anam is a brand-new resort along sparkling Nha Trang Bay in Vietnam. Though open for less than a year, this sumptuous, five-star retreat has already racked up near-perfect TripAdvisor reviews. It’s also earned its place among five other resorts in Worldhotels’ prestigious World Luxury category.
The villa-only property boasts a chic, Indochine-inspired design, a lovely balance between the elegance of the Vietnamese and French culture. The private abodes sit amidst greenery, surrounding a lagoon-like pool, or facing the cerulean waters of the sea. Come here to unwind, experience world-class luxury services or simply to soak up some sun. You’ll have a full menu of recreational activities, from watersports to tennis, as well as access to the Balinese-style spa.
How to Get There
The Anam is truly a beautiful resort. From the soft pillows, duvets and very clean, cool air-conditioned rooms, to the fantastic breakfast buffet, where you are absolutely spoiled for choice, this place is a must. We stayed 7 nights with our 5 children, ages varying from 10yrs to 25yrs. The children had their own rooms with interconnecting doors and we had a sea view balcony room. The view was great. The staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for us. They are truly dedicated to making you feel welcome and want to ensure your stay is special. Ours was! We were even late for our cooking class one day as we visited the Vinpearl amusement park, and the chef waited for us and was happy to delay our class by another hour. The buffet dinners were truly delicious, again with fresh food and plenty to choose from. I loved the Mamma buffet and the BBQ buffet. We had free cocktails from 5-6pm which came with out package and we did this every day! The Anam organised taxis for us to visit Nha Trang a couple of nights and nothing was too hard for them. We visited the spa and enjoyed the treatments. I would book your appointments as soon as you can, to ensure you get the time you want. We swam in their multiple pools and even though, the resort was full, it didn't feel like it and we had the pool to ourselves most days. The beach was equally as nice being clean and refreshing, especially after morning yoga! I would love to return one day. I thoroughly recommend this fantastic resort.
An amazing place with amazing staff.
The rooms where excellent as well as pool areas and the beach.
The restaurants where good but not awesome and quite pricy. Take a taxi to Nah Trang where you find a bunch of great restaurants with decent menus and prices
Superb place to be outside of thehustle of the city but easy to get to for when you want to explore - close to the airport and wonderful staff throughout - Stunning beach and wide open layout - 4 main outlets for eating from high end haute cuisine (french), beach club, vietnamese and then more buffet style in Indochine. The staff throughout the resort couldnt be more attententive , poilite and helpful. The resort is 25mins from Nha Trang itself which is fine as there is a twice daily shuttle into town giving you plenty of time to explore. Couldnt recommend this place enough . Good value, super relaxing and beautiful clean beach
We visited the Anam during Easter/Spring break in April with 2 young children. We booked our package with Luxury Escapes which includes a garden view room, daily buffet breakfast, 2 60-minute massages, 3 dining experiences, cooking classes for 2 and daily free flow sunset drinks.
We absolutely enjoyed our 7 nights at the Anam, the staff are very friendly and helpful, they always go out of their way to try to assist. There were times when it seemed they couldn't quite understand the request but their effort was always outstanding. Concierge was extremely helpful in recommending outings and F&B staff were always quick to respond. The poolside staff are also quick to change towels, help you with your floaties, take away food/drinks.
Our room was clean and spacious. We had a king bed that's 2 twin beds put together. We asked for an extra bed which was also a proper twin size roll away bed. We put that right against the sofa in the room which created a double bed for our 2 kids. They had lots of international channels and many movies to choose from. For some reason I could not sign into Netflix on their TV even though I could do so on my own laptop but the option is available.
The grounds are superbly maintained. The main lawn was just breathtaking. Kids love running on it and through the sprinklers every time they come on. My kids and I attract mosquitoes like crazy but in our 8 days we had never experienced a single bite! There are 3 swimming pools in the resort, all are equally nice but the pool outside of the Vietnamese restaurant is by far the most gorgeous since it's waterfront by the beach and the staff actually come around regularly to see if you want any food or drinks. It is supposed to be an adult only pool but we saw kids in it every day and on our last day we spent the day there. No one seems to care about this and I'm not sure if it's because they are not aware of it or they are not bothered by it.
The free flow sunset drinks from 5-6 each day was definitely the highlight for most guests! On most days they had live music at the Beach Club and the sunset was just so beautiful. They serve bar snacks and appetizers with the drinks and are very generous about it.
The quality of the food was good. Every meal we had (and we basically had all our meals there) was delicious, plentiful and with lots of variety. Breakfast is well laid out with many options. It does get quite busy and the restaurant seems a bit understaffed as it sometimes takes a while to get our tea/coffee. The Vietnamese restaurant serves good Vietnamese food and the Beach Club has good burgers/salads.
A few recommendations that we have as seasoned travellers for the Anam to become even better:
- The grounds is so large the swimming pools can definitely be expanded, perhaps even have a pool dedicated to kids/families with a waterslide or something so that it is more family oriented.
- The kids club can also be expanded to include more activities, even if they are charged. The resort is so far out from the town that most people choose to stay. With a large captive audience, I think it's worthwhile to invest in an activities program to further engage the guests.
- The same goes for food and beverage, the Anam should totally offer an all inclusive package as there really is no other option close by. I did inquire about this before arrival and was provided with an all inclusive option of US$100 per day per person to have lunch, dinner and drinks included. And I could only choose from a set a la carte menu that will stay the same for the whole 8 days we were there. I found this to be very expensive and unacceptable. At least one of the restaurants offers buffet dinner every night, it would be very easy offer this as an all inclusive food option.
- This is a minor detail but the resort was running buy one get one free Saigon beer in all F&B outlets. However the price on the beer is not uniform across all outlets. The difference is small (only 5,000 dong) but it's a bit irritating to see this. Perhaps it's an oversight and I wouldn't have a problem if all outlets charge the higher price. But it gives the wrong impression.
- On our last day I had to call 3 times for housekeeping to come clean our room. We are early risers mainly because of the kids. We are usually out of our room by 8am to get breakfast and stay by the pool until noon or 1pm when it's nap time. Our room has never been cleaned during this time even though I see many housekeeping staff moving around our floor. And I put up the "make up room" sign every morning. This means I need to put on the "do not disturb" sign every afternoon when we take a nap and then call for housekeeping when we leave the room for sunset drinks at 5pm. When the room is cleaned at the end of the day the quality of the cleaning is just not the same. I wish the housekeeping staff would pay more attention to the rooms that actually have the sign out and clean them first.
- There is a good size cinema in the resort which is a good touch. Our kids loved going to the movie but it would be nicer if there are popcorn, juice, or some movie snack available, even for purchase. It just enhances the experience.
- The boutique in the resort sells a few staple items but they should consider stocking up things like snacks, ice cream, cup noodles, etc, especially when there isn't a convenience store nearby. Whatever they sell in that store I am sure people will be willing to buy!
- When I made the appointment for the cooking class I told the lady at the front desk that instead of going with my husband I will go with my 6 year old daughter. She called up the restaurant where the class will be held and told them, then told me everything is fine. When we showed up at the class I was told that my daughter would only be able to watch me, she wouldn't be given her own station or set of ingredients. I did not argue because I knew she probably wouldn't care and with open fire it's a safety precaution that's rightfully taken. I just wished that they would have told me this when I booked so I knew what to expect. And I probably would have made another appointment for my husband to take up his class as well.
All in all though we had a great time and are already talking about coming back. Thank you the Anam for an amazing time and you should be proud of all your staff for trying so hard to service all the guests.
resort has huge space and i loved its landscape. resort is beautiful.
all staff was warm and helpful. i appreciate them.💕
it was great to have several complimentary programs. i especially recommend yoga class in the morning.
staying at the room,soundproof was good
my flight time was 21:50 last day,it was so lucky for us to get late check out by 4pm(i appreciate very much) and still we could use resort facilities after check out.
resort has private beach which is large and i enjoyed.also restaurants next to beach. also mom and i enjoyed the breakfast much.
there are 3 swimming pools and i expected the infinite pool most but this didnt satisfy me;)
resort is far from town. it takes 45 minutes by car. there are shuttle bus 3 times a day and we took the bus on the way to check in ( but close to the airport. 10-15min)
it’s hard to believe that room charge for this resort is so low priced. i would like to stay next time if i go nha trang again. and nha trang weather was so fine all the time