L’Alyana Villas Ninh Van Bay
What We Love
- The Jetsetter rate includes daily breakfast, round-trip speedboat transfers and 24-hour butler service
- Spacious villas with private plunge pools and indoor-outdoor open floor plans
- Personalized butler service for every villa
- Myriad outdoor activities from scuba diving to hiking
- Exclusive setting on a quiet, private bay
- Gourmet Vietnamese and European fare served by candlelight in the restaurant or in the privacy of your villa
What To Know
- Free WiFi throughout the property
- Quiet and intimate setting perfect for honeymooners, but not party animals
- Children 12 and under are not permitted in Hill Rock Villas or Hill Rock Ocean View Villas
- It’s an hour to the nearest city by car and speedboat
- A five percent service charge per night will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- There are special conditions during December 2015 and January 2016 - please see the details section for more information.
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
Cradled in a hidden bay on a peninsula that curls into the South China Sea, An Lam Ninh Van Bay Villas makes for a paradisiacal escape. Though you’re just up the coast from bustling Nha Trang, the lush forests and jade-green mountain rising around the luxe villas make you feel a world away. You arrive James Bond–style via the resort’s speedboat and are greeted by your personal butler, who escorts you to one of 35 private villas. While a host of outdoor activities await — hiking, mountain biking, scuba diving — the private plunge pools and exquisite in-room dining could easily keep you occupied for the entirety of your stay.
Bed and Bath
Above the forest canopy are the elevated Hill Rock Villas which feature woven bamboo roofs, polished timber frames, a private plunge pool and a three-story layout that opens up to tree-filtered ocean views. Lining the crescent bay and shimmering lagoon are the Beach and Lagoon Villas, all of which have airy indoor-outdoor floor plans and sprawling decks with their own small pools.
The resort places a premium on cuisine and the oceanfront restaurant sets the bar high. The menu is a fusion of East and West, from savory Spanish omelets and jamón for breakfast to sizzling Nha Trang lobster tails for an atmospheric candlelit dinner. Oenophiles can go to tastings in a wine tower set high above the forest canopy and overlooking the bay. Need to burn off a few of those calories? Take to the on-site hiking trails, the gym or the yoga pavilion. Or arrange to visit local villages and markets, go scuba diving, mountain biking or kayaking, or explore the countryside via motorcycle. Otherwise, just unwind in the in-house library or shoot some pool in the chill-out lounge.
In the Area
Explore the surrounding mountains and tropical forest by bike or on foot, or sign up for the resort’s countryside tours of Ninh Van Bay. Sail a catamaran or go windsurfing, kayaking or scuba-diving – there’s an endless choice of water sports. Nha Trang offers a host of bars and clubs, including Sailing Club Nha Trang, Guava and the Louisiana Brewhouse; the perfect nighttime tonic to daytime on the beach. There’s even a Russian-owned ice bar. Built in the 8th century, the Hindu-influenced Cham Towers were constructed by the Cham people in honor of the goddess Yan Po Nagar.
How to Get There
My girlfriend and I stayed for 7 nights in June and I cannot recommend this beautiful resort enough. Extremely friendly staff and tasty breakfast and dinner options made our stay an outstanding experience (special thanks to Lê, Khoi, Cong and our butler Dat). We stayed in a lagoon villa and had barely any interaction with other hotel guests, we almost felt we were the only ones in the resort. You do share the villas with quite a lot of geckos, but that is a small price to pay considering you are truly surrounded by jungle flora. Despite the other comments here we didn't not have any problems with cleanliness or worn down furniture, as far as we know the entire hotel was refurbished quite recently. The only little downside is the pebbly sand which is definitely prettier in phu quoc or places like the Maldives. The beach bar and flair make the beach still look very pleasant and welcoming. Our flight to ho chi minh was delayed quite a bit and our butler Dat was most helpful in helping us to our convenience. All in all we highly recommend this resort for a romantic getaway!
L'alya resort is an amazing location where you can escape from your busy life for a few days and enjoy being pampered! We were welcomed by our butler on the jetty of L'alya, his name was Than & he did an amazing job looking after all our needs throughout our stay. We enjoyed staying in villa 31 amongst the trees, each villa is secluded & screened by dense jungle from neighbouring villas. The villas are spacious & well appointed, the housekeeping team do a great job keeping the place neat & tidy & provide plenty of spare towels. Bedroom is air-conditioned & the individual pools on the deck provide a welcome opportunity to cool off at any time day or night! The restaurant is outdoor & sheltered by a roof, the chefs & kitchen staff provide excellent food which our servers, Tai & Khoi, delivered promptly & efficiently, they & all the staff make a huge effort to be helpful & friendly! My wife & I had massages in the L'alya Spa, definitely the best this trip & amongst the best I've had...well done to our masseuses! We enjoyed the walking trail with our guide Mao who covers the ground like a mountain goat! Be warned you need to be reasonably fit to do the trail, it took us 1.5 hours to complete, views are specular and worth it if your body is in good shape! It was quiet in May and very enjoyable, definitely plan to return on another visit in the near future!
My family and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and I wanted to share our experience with you so people know what they really are.
First of all I wanted to say that We were happy with Luan, our ¨personal¨ butler since it´s not his fault the way the company works, but the experience overall left us wondering if we made the right choice by coming here.
These are some of the “problems” we had.
- Towels and other things in the room were dirty and in bad shape at our arrival. I added 2 pictures of things I found the first day. After that, I just tried not to put much attention and enjoy the hotel as much as I could. (they didn´t change the dirty towel we had for 3 days tho)
- There is just 1 menu, so you have to chose between the same dishes for every one of our 6 meals (I think thats not enough even though they have over 100 dishes) Also they say they have set menus for lunch and dinner that were not offered to us besides one day. Also some of the dishes came in smaller portions when order different times.
- There was a noisy group the day we arrived and another one arrived during our last day. We should’ve been informed of that because we wanted to relax and for example, my mom wanted to use a kayak today and a guy from this last group jumped in front of her and got the kaya (The 2 guys that were standing on the beach in charge of the kayak activity did´t do anything about it) Both groups had kids running around the beach, hotel, restaurant, screaming..... Great place to relax right?
- We wondered during our WHOLE stay if there was someone in charge. It’s cool that the butler manages everything but I’m missing some authority to talk to in case of a problem. After asking the butler on our first day that I wanted to talk to somebody else he said we could not do it. Magically that person appeared after our complains on the 3rd day.
- We haven´t been asked until our to sign ANY bills and they were not detailed on the final Bill. We did not wanna argue as we were rushing to catch a flight to Ho Chi Minh but that is not the way things are done at any hotel I´ve ever been Did we have to believe that the totals on those bills were right?
- Not all the employees speak english and the level of some of the ones that speak it is not the appropriate, in my opinion, for a resort like this. We could not communicate with some of them.
- During our first day we wanted to book a fishing and snorkeling trip. The butler told us that we could book it, then during the same conversation he said that we could not book it because there was a free trip programmed for other guests at the hotel, 2 minutes later he said that we could book it and he would push the free trip 1 hour so there was time for everything and 30 seconds after that he said that we could not book it. All of that during a phone call in which I was asking for an upgrade and the butler could´t give me prices or anything. The funny part is that we repeated our conversation over dinner with him telling us that we could and could not do the fishing and snorkeling trip every minute.
Also, Luan told us that we could do a hiking excursion during the following day but when we woke up he told us that the excursion was already done (he didn't inform us about the hours)
- Our complains were heard by the assistant manager on our last night and nothing was done ( the dinner bill wasn't brought to us to sign either)
The good things are:
- The hotel is in a great location
- The staff is friendly and try to help even when they don´t understand what you are trying to say.
- the Villas are pretty nice (but REALLY hot everywhere besides the bedroom because there is just 1 AC unit and its in the bedroom)
- Food quality is nice.
- We did the fishing and snorkeling trip and was OK, nothing special if you have done snorkeling in Mexico or places with big corals, a lot of fish and clear water. The guy that worked with us during this trip was amazing tho, our favorite from the hotel, great english, knowledge and passion.
- Cocktails are good.
We woudn´t go back to this resort as the standards we expected were not met.
Thanks for reading, enjoy Vietnam and good luck!
The hotel was our absolute highlight during our three week honeymoon in Vietnam. From the service, the rooms to the restaurant, we can highly recommend this hotel. It leaves nothing to be desired and offers the opportunity to really relax. We had a hill rock villa and loved it. The private pool was perfect with the temperatures! Whereby we can also recommend the beach. Everywhere it was very quiet. Besides yoga and fishing you will not be bored here. Since the hotel can only be reached via a boat trip, it is simply fantastically quiet. We enjoyed it very much.
Thank you for making our honeymoon so special!
Service is excellent, and food is great. I would highly recommend this resort. We stayed in the lagoon view villa and it was private, rustic and luxurious. Our package included kayak rentals and a trip out to sea for a swim...happy hunting!