Hotel Covington Cincinnati Riverfront
What We Love
- The eye-catching lobby sculpture in the form of an outline of the United States, complete with wooden cutouts of Kentucky and Ohio
- The story behind the hotel’s signature cocktail, “Liquid Knowledge”: served in a locally produced Rookwood mug, it’s named after the horse on which owner John Coppin won a bet big enough to finish his department store
- The Walk Up, the hotel’s street-side “grab and go” spot, which offers window service for morning donuts or late-night ramen when you don’t feel like a full-on sit-down meal
What To Know
- Free WiFi
- The hotel patio has lawn games, nighttime movie screenings, and a creative cocktail menu, plus a roaring fire on winter evenings
- The in-room bars feature Kentucky-produced cocktail mixers and ten-year-old bourbons
- “Sunday Suppers” in the Library are themed dinners worth sticking around for; like the pairings of rare bourbons with southern-style biscuits and pork belly Reubens
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Hotel Covington began life in the early 1900s as a department store, and the high ceilings and oversized windows are a beautiful reminder of the building’s origins. An emphasis on local history can be seen everywhere, from the Carabello Coffee (which is roasted in nearby Newport) to the vintage oak barrels in the lobby, once used to age bourbon. The 114 guest rooms are comfortably modern, with a palette of navy, grey, and purple that was borrowed from traditional Covington homes and subtle nods to its roots in trash cans shaped like shopping bags and clothing racks that stand out in the open just like in a shop. The hotel restaurant, Coppin’s, mixes northern and southern styles with an emphasis on local cheese, greens, and meats: try the sweet corn fritters, whipped sorghum or crawfish corn chowder, all washed down by a Kentucky craft beer.
In the Area
Most visitors to Covington will be spending a majority of their time in Cincinnati, just across the river. But there’s plenty to see nearby as well—Covington is a charmingly small city. MainStrasse Village, a blocks-long street of shops, restaurants, and bars with a Central European bent is a ten-minute walk from the hotel. Braxton Brewing Company, just down the street, is a craft brewery with plenty of comfy sofas and super-fast WiFi—an ideal place to catch up on email over a creamy pint of “Storm” golden ale or to grab a nightcap on the way to bed. Work off all that beer and food with a run around Devou Park; less than two miles away, it’s the city’s largest park, home to an 18-hole golf course, mountain bike trails, and playgrounds.
How to Get There
If you must stay in the area and can’t stay in Cincinnati, this is the place to stay.
Charming and elegant hotel in Covington’s main strip. The hotel has triggered a series of cool restaurants and bars around it that are transforming the area.
The restaurant has a great menu and very tasty cocktails.
Don’t get me wrong, you are still in Kentucky and you will quickly encounter the drab, poor, unsophisticated town when you step away a few blocks from the hotel but while you stay in the few blocks around the hotel you will have a pleasant experience.
Spent weekend at this hotel with a booze cruise from Chicago. The Hotel is located in a down town area with lots of stores, nightlife, and place's to eat and drink. The building is nicely kept and very modern and chic. The rooms are Super small but very nicely maintained, Food in rest. on property is pretty good and service is good. This is a nice hip place if you want to be in the middle of the city .
I can never say enough on how amazing our experience was for my daughter, and my new son-in-law’s Brunch Wedding that took place at Hotel Covington, Oct 6.
Heather Paparella, Director of Sales, was a true hero! Heather took our wedding as her own, spent many hours with us as a true professional owning a situation, and made our entire weekend a dream come true! Our food was amazing, our service was amazing / impressive, our space was gorgeous. Since this was a brunch wedding, our ceremony was at 10:30am! Heather and her team were on target bright and early, to make sure our morning went smooth!
I would highly recommend Hotel Covington, Heather, and her team for any event you may have!!
Thank you Heather, and Hotel Covington for a wonderful experience!!
Susi Schwartz Kelch