Hotel Covington Cincinnati Riverfront
What We Love
- The eye-catching lobby sculpture in the form of an outline of the United States, complete with wooden cutouts of Kentucky and Ohio
- The story behind the hotel’s signature cocktail, “Liquid Knowledge”: served in a locally produced Rookwood mug, it’s named after the horse on which owner John Coppin won a bet big enough to finish his department store
- The Walk Up, the hotel’s street-side “grab and go” spot, which offers window service for morning donuts or late-night ramen when you don’t feel like a full-on sit-down meal
What To Know
- Free WiFi
- The hotel patio has lawn games, nighttime movie screenings, and a creative cocktail menu, plus a roaring fire on winter evenings
- The in-room bars feature Kentucky-produced cocktail mixers and ten-year-old bourbons
- “Sunday Suppers” in the Library are themed dinners worth sticking around for; like the pairings of rare bourbons with southern-style biscuits and pork belly Reubens
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Hotel Covington began life in the early 1900s as a department store, and the high ceilings and oversized windows are a beautiful reminder of the building’s origins. An emphasis on local history can be seen everywhere, from the Carabello Coffee (which is roasted in nearby Newport) to the vintage oak barrels in the lobby, once used to age bourbon. The 114 guest rooms are comfortably modern, with a palette of navy, grey, and purple that was borrowed from traditional Covington homes and subtle nods to its roots in trash cans shaped like shopping bags and clothing racks that stand out in the open just like in a shop. The hotel restaurant, Coppin’s, mixes northern and southern styles with an emphasis on local cheese, greens, and meats: try the sweet corn fritters, whipped sorghum or crawfish corn chowder, all washed down by a Kentucky craft beer.
In the Area
Most visitors to Covington will be spending a majority of their time in Cincinnati, just across the river. But there’s plenty to see nearby as well—Covington is a charmingly small city. MainStrasse Village, a blocks-long street of shops, restaurants, and bars with a Central European bent is a ten-minute walk from the hotel. Braxton Brewing Company, just down the street, is a craft brewery with plenty of comfy sofas and super-fast WiFi—an ideal place to catch up on email over a creamy pint of “Storm” golden ale or to grab a nightcap on the way to bed. Work off all that beer and food with a run around Devou Park; less than two miles away, it’s the city’s largest park, home to an 18-hole golf course, mountain bike trails, and playgrounds.
How to Get There
We were at the Hotel Covington for a family wedding. It was an absolutely delightful place to stay. The hotel is beautiful and spotlessly clean. The guest rooms are tastefully decorated. The food and drinks in the lobby bar and restaurant were delicious. Most importantly, every single representative of this hotel was gracious, helpful, and professional. Edward was so very willing to give great recommendations for surrounding venues and points of interest.
We stayed 2 nights & loved our room & the location of Hotel. Great views with floor to ceiling windows... very comfortable bed & room exceptionally clean. Nice restaurant & very efficient valet parking. Had a minor incorrect charge on mini bar items. Called & friendly front desk staff adjusted bill immediately. Look forward to returning....
This hotel is so cute - very modern and chic. The staff is super friendly. We ate in the bar and also ordered room service. The food and drinks are wonderful. I highly recommend that if you need a room in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area, this hotel will not disappoint!
I held a bridal shower for my future daughter-in-law at Hotel Covington on November 11, 2019. The service, food and banquet room were fabulous. Sean, our server was very attentive and provided excellent customer service. Our bridal group was thrilled with the event. Thank you so much for providing such a memorable experience.
Room, design, food, and service were all great. Going back next month. We stayed in the Coppin King room. All good. The courtyard fireplace was nice. Loved breakfast.mystery drink at check in was fun.