Hotel Covington Cincinnati Riverfront
What We Love
- The eye-catching lobby sculpture in the form of an outline of the United States, complete with wooden cutouts of Kentucky and Ohio
- The story behind the hotel’s signature cocktail, “Liquid Knowledge”: served in a locally produced Rookwood mug, it’s named after the horse on which owner John Coppin won a bet big enough to finish his department store
- The Walk Up, the hotel’s street-side “grab and go” spot, which offers window service for morning donuts or late-night ramen when you don’t feel like a full-on sit-down meal
What To Know
- Free WiFi
- The hotel patio has lawn games, nighttime movie screenings, and a creative cocktail menu, plus a roaring fire on winter evenings
- The in-room bars feature Kentucky-produced cocktail mixers and ten-year-old bourbons
- “Sunday Suppers” in the Library are themed dinners worth sticking around for; like the pairings of rare bourbons with southern-style biscuits and pork belly Reubens
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Hotel Covington began life in the early 1900s as a department store, and the high ceilings and oversized windows are a beautiful reminder of the building’s origins. An emphasis on local history can be seen everywhere, from the Carabello Coffee (which is roasted in nearby Newport) to the vintage oak barrels in the lobby, once used to age bourbon. The 114 guest rooms are comfortably modern, with a palette of navy, grey, and purple that was borrowed from traditional Covington homes and subtle nods to its roots in trash cans shaped like shopping bags and clothing racks that stand out in the open just like in a shop. The hotel restaurant, Coppin’s, mixes northern and southern styles with an emphasis on local cheese, greens, and meats: try the sweet corn fritters, whipped sorghum or crawfish corn chowder, all washed down by a Kentucky craft beer.
In the Area
Most visitors to Covington will be spending a majority of their time in Cincinnati, just across the river. But there’s plenty to see nearby as well—Covington is a charmingly small city. MainStrasse Village, a blocks-long street of shops, restaurants, and bars with a Central European bent is a ten-minute walk from the hotel. Braxton Brewing Company, just down the street, is a craft brewery with plenty of comfy sofas and super-fast WiFi—an ideal place to catch up on email over a creamy pint of “Storm” golden ale or to grab a nightcap on the way to bed. Work off all that beer and food with a run around Devou Park; less than two miles away, it’s the city’s largest park, home to an 18-hole golf course, mountain bike trails, and playgrounds.
How to Get There
Our stay at Hotel Covington was fabulous. The atmosphere was warm, elegant, and inviting. The rooms are beautiful and the food is great. We had a few interactions with cold, annoyed staff but overall the service was what you’d expect. Nothing amazing but totally fine. The location is perfect. I’d recommend this place to anyone.
This hotel is a treat, from start to finish!
From wonderful food and beverage to the careful and elegant design quality of the room, to the highly attentive service of the friendly staff...you will not be disappointed!
We stayed an overnight from Cincinnati and we will surely be back.
Thank you Hotel Covington!
What an amazing hotel! Everything about our stay was just a notch above the top - the valets were incredibly friendly and quick, check in and out was a breeze, the rooms were so chique and the showers were incredibly soothing!
My husband and I stayed the night and we just love this hotel. We love the rooms, the beds a re very comfortable and the amenities are very nice. We always have dinner or brunch every time we stay here because the food is just so yummy!
The hotel was just as beautiful in person. Not only was every single staff member smiling and approachable, we were allowed an early check in as we were coming in from out of town without any addtl fees. Our check out time was noon, which is wonderful for not feeling absolutely rushed by other hotels and their early check out times. The value for this hotel is incredible. The hotel facilities were just amazing and beautifully decorated.