Miraggio Thermal Spa Resort
What We Love
- A five-star beach resort in one of Greece’s dreamiest destinations, with breakfast, dinner and moreBeing one of the first guests to stay in a sleek, stylish and freshly completed room
- Indulging in the thalassotherapy and thermal experiences at the three-floor spa
- Lazing on sun loungers by the pool and sampling the local ouzo – or your favorite cocktail
What To Know
- If you're hoping to snag a sunbed on the beach or a lounger around the pool, you'll need to be ready to go super early (as in pre-8 a.m early)
- There are five onsite restaurants and bars
- Free WiFi throughout the property
- The hotel just opened in summer 2016
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
If luxury beach life and high-end pampering are what you’re after, then Miraggio Thermal Spa Resort, opened in May 2016, really seals the deal. A gleaming addition to the gorgeous Kassandra Peninsula, this property’s mission has been to step out ahead of its competitors, and with sugary white sand, crystal-clear Aegean waters and a private marina deep enough for the swankiest of yachts, it seems to be doing a pretty good job.
Not to be outdone by the natural beauty of its Greek-island locale, the resort boasts interiors and facilities that are as glamorous as they come. Each of the elegant rooms and suites features stylish décor, with soft hues and luxe furnishings. You’ll have your choice of sophisticated dining and laid-back fare at the stylish bars and restaurants, and the otherworldly spa, spread across three floors, provides nearly every treatment imaginable. So whether you pull up in your yacht or simply fly in, you’ll be sure to get the VIP treatment here.
Designed with a sleek and modern aesthetic, each of the new rooms and suites features a soothing neutral color palette, contemporary furnishings and all sorts of luxurious touches. Junior suites boast 400 square feet, a separate seating area and views of the Aegean Sea and the nearby island of Kelyfos from the balcony.
Open for buffet-style breakfasts, lunches and dinners, the signature Kritamo Restaurant presents an inspiring selection of international cuisine and traditional Greek dishes. There’s also the dinner-only Italian restaurant, Portofino, for gourmet à la carte cuisine (reservation required). Toroneo offers an authentic Greek experience, with seafood and local flavors, while Oasis Pool Restaurant provides a more casual atmosphere. The selection of bars here is just as impressive. Oasis Beach Bar and Oasis Pool Bar let you enjoy your drinks outside, while the Mirage Bar in the lobby provides a more classic setting. There’s also Churchill Lounge, with a great cigar collection, and Sommelier’s 8-Wine Bar for Greek and international wines. Myrthia Health Bar, in the spa, offers fresh and organic smoothies and juices, complete with a wonderfully Zen atmosphere.
A three-floor shrine to all things watery and wonderful, the huge spa has a large seawater thalassotherapy pool and four separate thermal pools. There’s also a thermal suite equipped with steam baths, a Finnish sauna, an herbal sauna, a cold-plunge walking path and two experience showers, plus a floating sauna in the marina for those who prefer jumping directly into the sea to cool down. Equally impressive are the seven treatment rooms for Rasul mud treatments, aroma and salt saunas, flotation beds, Vichy showers, chromotherapy and water-jet treatments. A state-of-the-art gym, beauty salon and aerobics hall wrap things up nicely.
Spanning 330 acres of private land on Greece’s Kassandra Peninsula, the hotel overlooks white-sand beaches and the turquoise-tinted waters of the Aegean Sea. Must-dos include hitting the Blue Flag-awarded beach and evening markets in the little village of Hanioti, venturing to the caves of Petralona and partying at Kalithea’s late-night clubs and bars. For a cultural fix, it’s worth checking out Thessaloniki and its White Tower, the Museum of Byzantine Culture and the Arch of Galerius and the Rotunda.
How to Get There
We had two weeks here and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is lovely and comfortable, all the staff from reception to the restaurants, bar and housekeeping were all very friendly, smiles and helpful. The private beach is nice and tranquil and the spa and gym are really good. The buffet was enjoyable and always had good variety. Thank you to the staff for making our time here happy and relaxing.
- This hotel is fairly isolated, and we felt they make the most of this by over-changing for everything. From bottles of water, to club sandwiches and evening meals, it was too expensive. You can eat out in nearby towns for a lot cheaper. We were keen to go on a boat trip but these are aimed only at people with a lot of money, over €1,000 on a private boat etc. I thought the hotel would of arranged a day trip on a boat at a cheaper cost.
- I would recommend taking a trip to a supermarket and stocking up on water and snacks to save a lot of money.
- We felt the hotel could have run more excursions. There is only one free bus to Paliouri/Pekhohori leaving at 10.30am and picking up at 5pm. It would have been nice to have the option of a day trip to Afytos or Thessaloniki for example. You can climb Mount Olympus with the hotel, but not visit these towns? Strange.
- I would recommend hiring a car and seeing Afytos and Thessaloniki. You can hire a car from the hotel for a fair price.
- Taxi's arranged by the hotel are very expensive. €50 for a 30 minute round trip, and €20 for a 10 minute round trip. Totally unfair, but you have no option if you want to escape the hotel.
- Go to Paliouri for dinner, it's close and has some lovely restaurants.
Hotel is nice, well maintained with lots of facilities.
We had a personal health issue with one of the family members and they were very cooperative and supportive.
It's a little bit far from the other villages around it so we had to drive everyday for minimum 30 min in order to get to the closest village.
One of the problems we encountered was lack of waitresses in all restaurants, we had to wait a long time to order or get out order ... food/ drinks would get cold.
Other than that it was a nice stay and a successful leisure vacation.
Amazing experience. Breathtaking view and very kind personnel. The combination between the architecture and the natural environment is incedible. I truly propose the visit to anyone who wants to relax and recharge his/her batteries.