What We Love
- Buffet breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- Easy, pleasant walks to many of the city’s best restaurants, shops and nightlife
- Lagoon pool set in a pleasant walled garden offers a tranquil haven in the hectic metropolis
- Free WiFi
- Polished, friendly service from the staff at every level
What To Know
- A 10 percent service charge per night will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- Given Jakarta’s traffic problems, the location is not recommended for those who need to travel to the CBD
- Breakfast is fine, but the dinner menu isn't terribly exciting
- Signal quality on cable TV is occasionally substandard, and the choice of channels is limited (but includes premium sports and films)
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
The Grandkemang’s exterior makes a terrific first impression; the sleek modernist cubic architecture is reminiscent of Le Corbusier. Set far back from the busy street, the location gives the hotel a sense of repose. There’s not a whiff of heritage here; design throughout the hotel is cool and contemporary, enhanced by occasional fine artworks. The lobby and lounge areas are furnished in primary colors, with recessed lighting that creates a relaxed ambience.
Bed and Bath
Standard guestrooms are efficiently laid out and finished in a contemporary style, with wall coverings and throw carpets in primary colors and bold geometric designs, and paintings tasteful and interesting enough to find a place at one of Kemang’s better art galleries. The inner wall facing the bed has a console equipped with a 32-inch flat-screen TV and a fine work space with a desk phone. Bedding is soft and plump. The bathroom is small, functional and paved in marble.
Breakfast is served at Sperta, the all-day restaurant that overlooks the pool and garden. Two lounges offer a full range of cocktails, including a menu of 60 martinis, excellent for informal business meetings. The best option for unwinding over drinks and snacks is the Stanford Arms, a cozy British-style pub with a polished mahogany bar, stained glass windows and sports memorabilia.
How to Get There
Was unwell during my stay here, hotel staff offered a ride to and from the doctor, accompanied me to the clinic, ensured I had plenty of water, sent food and fruits upon our return from the clinic, and even called the day after to check in. Amazing service and I'm very grateful to the team.
Room was comfortable and breakfast is very good. Only con was that neighbours were noisy which could be heard through the (closed) connecting door. Something to take note of if you are a light sleeper.
Good location, good room, good service, good food, great overall experience! Found it close to the services I was looking for. The Indonesian people in the hotel and outside the were friendly and helpful, making my stay more pleasurable.
Excellent.. Nice room, air conditioner lighting are great, bed and pillow comfortable, except the size of the bathroom but over all are great, nice meal and all the staff are helpfull, very nice hospitality..