Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa Pto Vallarta All Inclusive
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa Pto Vallarta All Inclusive, you’ll be centrally located in Puerto Vallarta, convenient to La Isla and Malecon. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of Teatro Vallarta and Camarones Beach.
Make yourself at home in one of the 106 individually furnished guestrooms, featuring iPod docking stations and DVD players. Your Select Comfort bed comes with down comforters and Egyptian cotton sheets. Rooms have private balconies. LCD televisions with cable programming provide entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 3 outdoor swimming pools, an outdoor tennis court, and a fitness center. Additional features at this Art Deco resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Food & Drink
All-inclusive rates are available at this resort. Meals and beverages at onsite dining establishments are included in all-inclusive rates. Charges may be applied for dining at some restaurants, special dinners and dishes, some beverages, and other amenities.
Enjoy a meal at one of the resort’s dining establishments, which include 2 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. A complimentary breakfast is included.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a 24-hour front desk, multilingual staff, and laundry facilities. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We chose this resort from a recommendation of a local, they had great CLEAN and AWESOME views of the ocean (all rooms are ocean view) the food was well prepared, we did have some issues with some eggs over easy being undercooked a few times so you might make sure they know to cook them a little more...
The pool bar menu was our favorite, Taco's Burritos, Nachos....some of our fav was had at the pool bar. The pizza restaurant was good, they for sure have their own "Mexican spin" on sauce and cheese and how its used on pizza so prepare for not your "traditional" Italian.....the bar was always friends and the staff poured great drinks.
We did the All Inclusive Premium package and when we arrived they told us tips were included, we saw other guests tipping so it was a little confusing and we did get a little better service when we put a few peso's out at the bar by the pool every so often..and we were happy to tip!! They did a great job..its just a little confusing when they say not too at customer service...
The front desk staff was great, all the housekeeping was wonderful..I rate this a 10 star review!!
We booked a 1 room and premium room..we had them connected and had plenty of room for 6 people..but if we would have had any less it would have been really crowded ..the premium rooms have a larger balcony, a living room and bedroom and two bathrooms and showers so it was nice..spend a little more spread out and book two rooms..it isn't that much more for a lot of space. We stayed for two weeks and REALLY enjoyed our visit..
We also spoke to others around town who said their resorts were way out of town, or really hard to get to and from places, crowded etc...this resort was non of those. Its right in the middle of old and new and on the main road, easy to walk to the non-tourist area, or take a walk (a mile) to the boardwalk..
I've also read how small the beach is BUT it really is fine, its not crowded, its plenty big for kids to play on....
Overall, my friend and I had a fantastic stay based on our travel style. It's great for families and couples, and people just looking to relax at the pool. It's not much of a party environment (not much nightlife), but we enjoyed just lounging at the pool and all the other guests were friendly and welcoming.
The good stuff:
-Service was AMAZING! Every employee there made us feel welcome and were always asking if we needed anything else. Bartenders at the pool (Aaron, Carlos & Randy) are fantastic and remember your drink order and will make whatever you want (they also make vrigin drinks for kids). The wait staff is very polite, and even if they forget something, they rush to make it right. We booked an excursion through the activities desk and she was very helpful getting us something in our price range. The hotel has a booth at the entrance and they record your room number when you come and go in a taxi which was appreciated.
-Pool was huge and clear and we never had an issue getting lounge chairs. There is a swim up bar in the main pool where you can also order snacks and food in the afternoons. There is also an adult only pool that didn't get used much but there were cabanas by it if you wanted to take a nap. There was quite a few kids there when we were there, but the pool is big enough that they could play around and splash and there was still room for adults to lounge and enjoy the pool as well. We brought cheap floatie tubes with us and used them in the pool everyday (highly recommend bringing some type of floatie). There is also beach access but the conditions were dangerous when we were there so we just waded in to our waist a few times, but it's a beautiful place to watch the sunset!
-Food was above average, and had enough selections that we always found something that we wanted. They gave us a sheet at check in that told us what was open each day and the times. There are two main restaurants, one that is pretty much open for every meal and one Italian place for dinner you have to make reservations for but it's not really busy. There's also a pizza place, cafe with snacks, and room service. The pool menu and breakfast were our favorites.
-We had one of the rooms with no kitchen, but it was big and spacious and had a mini fridge with soda, a couple beers, and water in the room. They will replenish everyday but you can always take up beer or water from the bar downstairs as well. The balcony was big and private since the wall separates you from the neighbors.
The bad stuff:
-The noise from the hotel next door during the day was annoying and the DJ constantly yelling over the music got really old. They would have raging pool parties in the afternoon (except Sunday) for a few hours and it ruined the peace and quiet during this time. It didn't bother us that much, but if you're looking for quiet the whole time, this is not the hotel for you.
-There's not a huge amount of activities at the hotel for adults (they have kayaking if the conditions permit, blackjack at the pool, a ping pong table, and a giant chess board). We were supposed to do a drink mixology class one day but they cancelled it since the world cup was on and the lounge was full. There's a whole kids club with a fort and activities so this would be an ideal hotel for families with young children.
-They are expanding so there is construction going on basically everyday except Sunday. It can get loud at times, but it's pretty easy to tune out. The only time it bothered us was when we were seated near it at breakfast one day. We had a room on the other side of the hotel so we couldn't hear it from there.
Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel, as long as the afternoon noise wouldn't bother you. I would definitely come back!
I had a great time at the Sunset Plaza Beach Resort N Spa. The service provided there was above and beyond my expectations. Randy, Aron and Jesus hooked it up in the pool area. The rooms were spacious and clean. I spent a week in this resort and was amazed at the attention the staff gave us. If you want to go relax, enjoy the pool and food this is the resort for you. I am already planning our next family trip to this resort.
- Service is AMAZING here all throughout the resort. All the workers are extremely nice and welcoming. All the swim up bartenders are so friendly and will make you whatever you want and if they cant make a specific drink, they will make one very similar. Aaron, Randy, and Carlos - all were so nice to see when we went down to the pool every day. I highly recommend tipping them! We also booked an excursion through the desk and she got us a great deal. We went on the Jet Ski Safari and it was definitely worth it.
- The food is pretty good too. There is a decent amount of options on the menu. Breakfast was my favorite. There is no buffet here which was fine by me because service was quick and we always immediately got a table. We ordered chips and guac (and several other items) every day at the pool and it was all so good.
- The pool is GORGEOUS and huge. There is a kid pool attached to the main pool and a separate adult pool. No one was ever really in the adult pool. Probably because the bar is in the main pool. But servers do come around to take your order. We always had plenty of room in the main pool. I recommend bringing a floatie!
- We got a basic room with no kitchen and it was perfect for us. Beds were comfy. Room service was quick. Rooms are clean and balconies are huge. There is a small mini fridge with a couple of beers and sodas but they restock when they come to clean your room.
- The construction can be a bit annoying. Most of the time it is pretty easy to ignore but one morning we were sat at breakfast next to the construction and it was pretty loud. Overall, this wasnt the biggest nuisance and wouldnt stop me from staying here again during the construction. We heard that they closed all the rooms on that side of the hotel due to the construction so you shouldnt be able to hear it from your room. We were on the complete opposite side of the hotel and couldnt hear it.
- The resort next door is straight up annoying. It is like they are trying to make it a vegas pool party. Every day, except for sunday, they had a DJ screaming into the microphone and HUNDREDS of people bussed in to party. It was just a bunch of screaming and loud music. Its clear as day to hear and not possible to ignore. We could hear the music and screaming through the door in our room. Good thing it only lasts during the day from about 12-7 but it was hard to ignore it when you just want to relax down at the pool and listen to the ocean or take a nap in your room.
- You have to pay for late checkout. We booked through Orbitz and got a coupon for $40 off late checkout. Staying till 2pm was $40 so it was free for us but just know that they charge after 12pm.
- Entertainment options are pretty scarce here. We played blackjack at the pool one day and they do have kayaking to do at 12pm each day if the ocean permits. But besides that, nothing else was going on.
Overall, I would definitely stay here again and hope that the parties next door are discontinued or at least turn the music at least half way down on the volume scale. I would love to see a few more entertainment options. I cant say enough good things about the people who work here. I wish I could remember all their names but every one was really great.
We are Shell owners and had never been to this property , it is fabulous . Service was excellent , maids were great, our butler went above and beyond with his service. Really enjoyed sitting by the beautiful pools.