Terme di Saturnia Spa & Golf Resort
What We Love
- Jetsetter 2015 Best of the Best Winner: Best for Wellness
- Daily buffet breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- The four warm water swimming pools and Jacuzzis are replenished with pure mineral-rich water from the local hot springs. On Friday and Saturday nights in August you can bathe by candlelight and live music until 1 a.m.
- The 53-room spa offers brightening gold facials, and anti-aging treatments using ingredients extracted from Antarctic ice
- The hotel’s 18-hole championship golf course is just 300 feet away
What To Know
- Despite its countless awards and Michelin-starred restaurant, the hotel has a refreshingly unpretentious, relaxed atmosphere
- Pet-friendly rooms available upon request
- Because the hot springs are rich in sulphur, the pool has an unusual odor, but this disappears as soon as you settle into the blissful, warm waters
- A city tax of approximately $3 per person, per night, will be collected by the hotel at checkout
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
In southern Tuscany’s Maremma region, Terme di Saturnia Spa & Golf Resort is a holistic hideaway surrounded by rolling hills and ancient hilltop towns. Despite its glitzy clientele, this hotel isn’t about obvious glamour, it’s about understated sophistication. Once you’ve made it past the parking lot lined with gleaming Ferraris, you’ll find interiors that use local stone and natural wood, a soothing thermal swimming pool fed by a sulphur-rich spring, a world-class spa and a Michelin-starred restaurant that serves classic Tuscan dishes. It’s a magnet for well-heeled weekenders looking to unwind and indulge.
Bed and Bath
The room categories range from entry level Comfort Rooms to elaborate Grand Suites, which have a kingsize bed, two bathrooms and a spacious lounge. All rooms have been designed with a “habitat philosophy” — natural palettes and subtle lighting — and overlook the rolling Tuscan hills or the steamy swimming pool. The enormous marble-clad bathrooms are stocked with the hotel’s house brand products, which are made from thermal plankton. All rooms come with a pool kit: fluffy robes, slippers and towels.
There are two superb restaurants: Aqualuce, for candlelit Mediterranean dining overlooking the steaming waters, and All’Acquacotta, a Michelin-starred restaurant that serves classic Tuscan dishes made with organic, locally grown ingredients. The daily selection of seared local fish and the decadent nougat crème brûlée are particular highlights, and the wine list is a corker, naturally. As well as fine dining, this hotel packs a punch when it comes to pampering. Its spa offers an array of medical and fitness programs, as well as an extensive treatment menu inspired by the healing local waters: think plankton-based creams and clay body wraps. The famous 24K gold facial is sure to leave you glowing.
In the Area
Borrow one of the hotel’s bicycles and ride to the medieval town of Saturnia. The steep 20-minute ride offers views of olive groves and rustic farmhouses at every turn — not to mention the stone castle that crowns the hill. The nearby town of Montemerano dates back to the Middle Ages; clamber up its winding streets to the stunning Piazza del Castello. Rome and Siena are each about two hours away.
How to Get There
We have visited many spas throughout the world, and this is truly one-of-a-kind. The natural hot springs gush from the spring at a rate of 500 litres per second and at a constant temperature of 37° C. Impressive Roman baths lead from the elegant hotel to the warm spring, which feeds four pools, a Jacuzzi, waterfalls and waterways. The hotel includes the spectacular Terme di Saturnia’s SPA, which offers 53 treatments rooms, and state-of-the-art facilities.
The staff was phenomenal, attending to our every need. We stayed 5 days and left refreshed, relaxed, and completely happy that we had chosen such a wonderful property. We will be back.
The hotel has very nice facilities to make the experience of the terme to be the best, huge pool, beautiful waterfalls and hot tubs and wonderful service at the outside bar. You can easily spend your entire day outside, which is great, as the hotel rooms are a bit dated and simple. The dinner was absolutely phenomenal, friendly, helpful staff that made our dinner experience the greatest! Thank you Olga especially! Overall very nice - if the rooms were renovated it would have been perfect!
Don't miss the opportunity to experience true luxury by coming to this beautiful hot springs resort there is nothing series like it in Italy!