What We Love
- A renovated Sicilian farmhouse, with an exquisite outdoor pool – includes breakfast and moreThe warm welcome that includes a complimentary drink and homemade cake in your room on arrival
- Opting to stay in a sea-view room to take advantage of the impressive vistas
- Sampling produce from the local landscape with your restaurant discount
What To Know
- Well-located for day trips to Taormina
- The boutique property is pet-friendly
- Free onsite private parking is available
- Free WiFi
Nature and nurture combine in the shadows of Mount Etna to make Sicily a fiery mix of Mediterranean flavors and dramatic landscapes. Thanks to an extensive renovation between 2008 and 2016, Talé Resort complements its farmhouse style with a few select contemporary details. An exquisite outdoor pool occupies a pretty landscaped spot and features a tiled sun terrace punctuated with white lampshade lights and magnificent panoramic views to the sea beyond.
Retire to your guest room to find exposed beams, custom-built furnishings and small pops of color as part of the décor inspired by the volcanic landscape. Several shades of grey form a backdrop to cool white sheets and vibrant plants in this minimalist design. Elsewhere, the modern restaurant incorporates ingredients from the land, sea and mountains and offers vintages from the nearby wine routes of Nebrodi and Alcantara Gorges, celebrating the local surroundings and showing off equally marvelous natural scenes through floor-to-ceiling windows.
How to Get There
Pharmacy family who inherited the land and old wine building and made into a boutique hotel 3 years ago.
Gloria at the reception was super helpful, booked us small private winery and great Mt Etna tour.
Staff is very attentive, remember what we ate, etc.
Breakfast was great, tons of freshly cooked pastries, bread and quiches.
The restaurant chef has been there for 2 years and is very well trained, apparently he worked at a Switzerland Michelin star restaurant before.
The pool area is very relaxing but I think the tiles need a good scrubbing.
Checkout is early, 10:30.
A close drive to Taoromini and Mt Etna.
- This hotel is very pretty. The room was lovely, hotel common areas great & pool area very nice.
- For us the overall experience was let down by dissapointing staff & management who did not seem to care at all about providing any sort of hospitality at all.
- Any point where a hotel staff member was involved was a disappointment:
* No towels available at the pool as the staff member had a day off
* No replenishing the breakfast bar when food ran out (we had to ask for more bread, cheese, meat, fruit & it took 20mns to arrive).
* No welcome information on arrival (map, advice, explanation etc)
* The cocktail barman could not even make a proper martini. He was obviously untrained in professional cocktail making.
* Unfriendly service by the manageress at reception (why decide to work in a hotel if the customers obviously annoy you?)
* No warmth from any of the staff members. Anytime we needed anything we felt that we were annoying the hotel staff.
It is strange to have such a beautiful building but then have staff who do not provide any hospitality or warmth to their guests.
Sadly we departed feeling disappointed with the overall experience.
OK starting with the good bits: this hotel has stunning views of both Etna and the bay. The restaurant serves superb food and the service is excellent. The large pool is very well equipped and the pool manager is really helpful - providing drinks and snacks. Gloria speaks excellent English and can help plan your day. It was therefore surprising that the room was a little disappointing - the shower was small and the room looked a little tired, and the lock didn't work. We also had to unplug the fridge in order to boil a kettle and with no cupboard space we felt like we were camping. The balcony has a lovely view and it was surprising that the room hadn't been designed to take advantage of the view. Nevertheless this is a lovely hotel and we would go back.
Tale is an impeccable hotel, nesting perfectly on the lower slopes of Etna. We had only one day & night there, but it was a really pleasurable 24 hours.
We were lucky to have an early check in - we stayed in the lower block of rooms which are 2 mins walk to the main hotel. This was only an issue when taking our car back uo the steep ramp out - give yourself a good run-up!
Room was comfortable, large and well decorated. But most of our time was spent by the pool and in the resultant. The common area are superbly designed, really tasteful yet still warm as not too minimal. The pool is a joy, amazing views over the strait of Messina and then Etna towering behind you. A nice pool side bar with good service also.
Dinner was sublime - we choose a tasting menu, with fish, meat or vegetarian all available. Service was excellent, the food magical and the ambience very relaxing.
We only wish we could have stayed longer. Highly recommended as a base for an Etna trek or simply to relax.
We made the Tale Resort our base for 4 nights and couldn’t have been happier with our choice.
It’s a great location for exploring and the views that Mount Etna and to the sea are breathtaking.
The rooms are beautifully decorated and appointed in relaxing tones.. the staff friendly and helpful and a big shout out goes to the food.. beautifully presented and what you would expect from a top end restaurant...
The pool is lovely and also enjoys the fabulous views.. highly recommend!