What We Love
- A renovated Sicilian farmhouse, with an exquisite outdoor pool – includes breakfast and moreThe warm welcome that includes a complimentary drink and homemade cake in your room on arrival
- Opting to stay in a sea-view room to take advantage of the impressive vistas
- Sampling produce from the local landscape with your restaurant discount
What To Know
- Well-located for day trips to Taormina
- The boutique property is pet-friendly
- Free onsite private parking is available
- Free WiFi
Nature and nurture combine in the shadows of Mount Etna to make Sicily a fiery mix of Mediterranean flavors and dramatic landscapes. Thanks to an extensive renovation between 2008 and 2016, Talé Resort complements its farmhouse style with a few select contemporary details. An exquisite outdoor pool occupies a pretty landscaped spot and features a tiled sun terrace punctuated with white lampshade lights and magnificent panoramic views to the sea beyond.
Retire to your guest room to find exposed beams, custom-built furnishings and small pops of color as part of the décor inspired by the volcanic landscape. Several shades of grey form a backdrop to cool white sheets and vibrant plants in this minimalist design. Elsewhere, the modern restaurant incorporates ingredients from the land, sea and mountains and offers vintages from the nearby wine routes of Nebrodi and Alcantara Gorges, celebrating the local surroundings and showing off equally marvelous natural scenes through floor-to-ceiling windows.
How to Get There
Could be a wonderful hotel, but lucrative events pre-occupy the staff and take over the hotel.
Rooms and pool are lovely, and the views are breathtaking.
However, who wants to have a rock n roll band / wedding party literally outside of your hotel room until the small hours. We had no sleep at all that night, and a complaint in the morning did not receive any apology at all.
Left with a bad memory of the place, and would not return.
Owners need to decide if they want to run a hotel or party venue, but not both.
Tale hotel was an astonishing experience. Situated with panorama view of the sea. Beautiful and modern architecture, all very clean and neat. All the staff were attentive and helpful. Big parking lot. It is a really quiet and peaceful place, wit short distance to Taormina and other highlights along the eastern coast of Sicily. Nice and clean pool with a bar aside, where we also could get light meals. This is really a place we would like to come back to another time.
Pharmacy family who inherited the land and old wine building and made into a boutique hotel 3 years ago.
Gloria at the reception was super helpful, booked us small private winery and great Mt Etna tour.
Staff is very attentive, remember what we ate, etc.
Breakfast was great, tons of freshly cooked pastries, bread and quiches.
The restaurant chef has been there for 2 years and is very well trained, apparently he worked at a Switzerland Michelin star restaurant before.
The pool area is very relaxing but I think the tiles need a good scrubbing.
Checkout is early, 10:30.
A close drive to Taoromini and Mt Etna.
- This hotel is very pretty. The room was lovely, hotel common areas great & pool area very nice.
- For us the overall experience was let down by dissapointing staff & management who did not seem to care at all about providing any sort of hospitality at all.
- Any point where a hotel staff member was involved was a disappointment:
* No towels available at the pool as the staff member had a day off
* No replenishing the breakfast bar when food ran out (we had to ask for more bread, cheese, meat, fruit & it took 20mns to arrive).
* No welcome information on arrival (map, advice, explanation etc)
* The cocktail barman could not even make a proper martini. He was obviously untrained in professional cocktail making.
* Unfriendly service by the manageress at reception (why decide to work in a hotel if the customers obviously annoy you?)
* No warmth from any of the staff members. Anytime we needed anything we felt that we were annoying the hotel staff.
It is strange to have such a beautiful building but then have staff who do not provide any hospitality or warmth to their guests.
Sadly we departed feeling disappointed with the overall experience.
OK starting with the good bits: this hotel has stunning views of both Etna and the bay. The restaurant serves superb food and the service is excellent. The large pool is very well equipped and the pool manager is really helpful - providing drinks and snacks. Gloria speaks excellent English and can help plan your day. It was therefore surprising that the room was a little disappointing - the shower was small and the room looked a little tired, and the lock didn't work. We also had to unplug the fridge in order to boil a kettle and with no cupboard space we felt like we were camping. The balcony has a lovely view and it was surprising that the room hadn't been designed to take advantage of the view. Nevertheless this is a lovely hotel and we would go back.