What We Love
- A relaxing stay at a charming, nautical-themed hotel, near one of Sardinia's best beachesThe unbeatable location near Rena Bianca, one of Sardinia’s best beaches
- Exploring the beautiful coast with a boat trip
- Climbing the steep hill behind the hotel to Santa Teresa’s characterful old town
What To Know
- You can charter the hotel's private boat—a Carolina Classic—for tours of Corsica and Sardinia
- Standard Rooms start at 193 feet
- Free WiFi access is available only for one device per person
Stunning Sardinia is best known for its amazing beaches and intense turquoise seas. Ideally located on the north coast near the aptly named Rena Bianca, regarded as one of the best beaches in the region, the nautical themed Hotel Corallaro offers a home-from-home atmosphere on the edge of the quaint town of Santa Teresa di Gallura. Its low-rise dusky pink buildings encircle a charming palm-edged swimming pool, but with dazzling sands and clear warm waters only minutes away, many guests choose to spend their time down on the beach.
If you fancy a change of scene there are plenty of other lovely beaches close by including those of Capo Testa, reached by means of a winding path through the hills. Those with sea legs can take to the water and charter a boat from the hotel or take the ferry over to the isle of Corsica, which can be glimpsed in the distance. However you choose to spend your days, you can expect a genuinely warm welcome on your return from the super-helpful team of hotel staff. Make friends with the lovable well-behaved in-house Alsatian, who adds to the overall homely atmosphere. Hotel Corallaro boasts a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
How to Get There
What a great find, perfect location on a beautiful beach within a 5 minutes walk to the main square (be warned, the town is up a steep hill, bit of exercise for working up an appitite) for bars and restaurants. Superb staff, so helpful especially when organising our sboat trip. Good pool but hardly used it as beach was so good. Excellent restaurant for lunch and dinner, fantastic breakfast buffet. Spotless room, great bathroom, comfortable bed.we were 4 ladies on a long weekend trip, hotel arranged transport to and from airport. A faultless stay that we will definitely repeat. Grazie mille.
And that’s what this hotel has got and that’s one of the reasons why I rate it five stars.
There’s of course other important things, so here’s my pros and cons:
- THE LOCATION! In 5 minutes-ish you are at the fantastic beach Rena Bianca and the town square.
- The hotel is SO clean (common areas + room).
- The staff is very friendly.
- The ocean view (we paid for that and it’s worth the money) didn’t disappoint.
- The pool is nice (I had several days where I was the only person at the pool in the mornings) + there were no annoying people leaving towels in sun chairs unless they actually used the sun chairs.
- The toilets in the basement are seriously some of the most beautiful hotel toilets I’ve ever seen. You get a spa/relaxing feeling.
- The other guests were that kind of guests you really want to share your holiday with. Not too loud, don’t take too much space and everybody seemed to respect each other.
- The hotel offers a shuttle bus to other beaches (we didn’t use it though since we had a car) but it’s a nice service.
Cons (but it is minor things):
- Our room (404) had a bit of a strange smell but the cleaning lady cleaned perfectly so it’s for sure not her fault.
- The shower leaked so after two people taking showers, there was water ALL over the bathroom floor.
- The breakfast buffet was fine (the quality of food was good) but when you stay for a week, I have to say I got a bit tired of it in the end.
Lovely clean hotel room and pool area. Good breakfast and option to have lunch and dinner. Friendly staff. Great location near beautiful beach and short walk to town square with plenty of restaurants and shops. Would definitely recommend.