Albion House at Ramsgate
What We Love
- A sea-view room in southeastern England, in scenic Ramsgate, with breakfast and optional dinner Staying in a top-rated hotel by the sea, in picturesque Ramsgate – within easy reach of upscale Whitstable and hip Margate
- Enjoying the full English breakfast with the works, from eggs Benedict to pancakes
- The cosy guest-only snug with its squashy sofas and roaring open fire
What To Know
- Ideally located for day trips to the White Cliffs of Dover and the Dover Castle
- The Ramsgate railway station is just five minutes down the road
- Pets are allowed on request
Follow in the footsteps of the illustrious young Queen Victoria with a stay at Albion House – a splendid Georgian landmark perched atop Ramsgate’s East Cliff. With commanding views over the Royal Harbour, Bursting with more than 200 years of history, the property was recently restored to its former Regency glory and retains many original features – from its intricate cornices to its grand sash windows.
Take sumptuous afternoon tea, sip a coffee or enjoy something stronger in the high-ceilinged Town Bar, where dark olive walls set off framed artworks with striking effect. The light-filled dining rooms make the perfect setting for sampling some of the region’s famous seafood. Those looking for a peaceful getaway will find Albion House an excellent and stylish choice – if you needed any more proof of that, this hideaway was recommended by Condé Nast Traveller as one of the best hotels for a British weekend break and it’s now positioned as Ramsgate’s number one hotel on TripAdvisor.
How to Get There
From the first impression with a lovely warm welcome from the staff through to the beautiful room and the delicious dinner and breakfast this was a truly amazing stay. Everything has been carefully designed to ensure maximum comfort and pleasure. A local independent hotel that could give any multinational chain a run for its money. I would definitely highly recommend this hotel and look forward to returning
We had never been to Ramsgate and it was the hotel that attracted me. It lived up to expectations and we had a great mini break. The hotel’s history was fascinating and the renovation is worthy of this fabulous building with fantastic views. The food was excellent and all of the staff were welcoming and helpful. Already planning a return trip next year! Thank you.
Great friendly very helpful people, lovely Hotel & restaurant with a very nice room & facilities with a sea view.
It is a great location very close walk to everything you need in Ramsgate.
Always a pleasure to stay here when i am down in Ramsgate/ Broadstairs.