Uppala Villa & Spa Umalas
What We Love
- A luxurious villa stay with your own private pool, including breakfast and moreCooling off in your own private plunge pool after a day spent soaking up that tropical sun
- Exploring the beautiful beaches, tranquil towns and lush green countryside of Bali
- Heading to the spa for a thoroughly relaxing massage
What To Know
- Slow and spotty WiFi
- Shuttle service and moped rentals are available through the hotel
- Very close to Bali's main tourist areas
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Uppala Villa & Spa Umalas provides all the peace and tranquility you could hope for from a Balinese getaway, within the seclusion of chic and contemporary private, self-catering villas. The abodes themselves are incredibly sumptuous and stylish, but the piece de resistance is the private plunge pool, with accompanying terrace and sun loungers – the perfect place to cool off and relax after a day spent exploring this tropical paradise.
When you’re not lounging poolside, a complimentary shuttle will take you into Seminyak Square or the pristine white sands of Seminyak Beach. Or hop in a taxi to the Canggu Club, Bali’s premier members’ club, to rub shoulders with the local A-list. If you need a little extra help loosening up those shoulders, there’s a spa in the resort, offering a range of relaxing treatments. The resort has your cravings covered, too; it’s also home to UGGA Cafe, serving cuisines spanning from Europe to Asia.
Your super-sleek and stylish villa offers tons of space, contemporary décor and a roomy en-suite bathroom, in addition to your own intimate plunge pool and sun terrace with loungers.
Amenities – Minibar- En-suite bathroom with bathtub and separate shower- Complimentary toiletries- Seating area with a sofa- Laptop safe- Self-catering kitchen facilities- Dining area
Choose from the range of blissful treatments on offer within the luxurious spa and wellness center, all served with a slice of typically warm and charming Balinese hospitality.
Within the resort, UGGA Cafe offers a menu of Indonesian, Chinese, Japanese and Western cuisines.
If you feel like venturing out of your cocoon of luxury and tranquility, Seminyak Beach, the Randelli Gallery and the Kendra Gallery of Contemporary Art offer great options for outings. Don’t forget the complimentary shuttle service into Seminyak Square or to the beach. It’s also just a 15-minute taxi ride to the highly acclaimed Canggu Club.
How to Get There
We (me, wife and 2 kids) had a relaxing time at Uppala Villa.
Our package was definitely, value for money. The villa was neat, quality amenities and pool was clean. Staff were very cordial and the local food, in the menu, was delicious. Our SPA experience was wonderful with great service from Dion.
We had a great time and happy to recommend the Villa to anyone looking for a quiet, relaxed, stress free, tranquil break.
The staff and massages at Uppala Villa and Spa, Umalas were fantastic!! The staff were bright and bubbly and professionally friendly. They went over and beyond (Asih) + more to ensure our stay was clam and enjoyable. etc serve and overcome any misunderstanding with a gorgeous smile and brilliant outcomes. They ensure that your holiday is very stress free. Our villas were generously equipped, well appointed in Umalas and very clean. I had two massages that were perfect for what I need by the healing hands of Dean (Diane).
Thank you Uppalas.
1. ask the facility NOT to put naphthalene balls in your villas. It is a common practice in staying in Villas in Bali. They somehow are not yet experientially educated of the naphthalene's dangerous nature, highly toxic and poisonous properties.
2. Food: There is an awesome restaurant/cafe just five minutes walk up the road 'Kembali Bumbak' that has very delicious, affordable, and nourishingly beautiful food and great made to order, ground coffee (if Uppalas food is not to your liking or standard)
3. small mini-store a few minutes walk away where you can buy beer, extra water if needed, ion-sweat water, snacks and very cheap prices
4. budget for driving everywhere. It is affordable and yet will add to your travel budget. Uppalas is a drive away from any shopping and crowded beaches of which very much suited my holiday needs.
It was roughly an even distance between Seminyak Square and Canggu (at non-busy periods)
5. Smoking anywhere in restaurants is common practice in Bali of which I did find distasteful eating my meals with smokers everywhere.
We stayed in a One Bedroom Pool Villa with a Scoopon Package for 7 nights (including accommodation, transfers, a massage, either lunch or dinner daily & free cocktail daily + free breakfast) as part of our honeymoon. We chose this location as our first stop as it wasn’t near the crowds & wasn’t going to require us to leave the Villa very often.
On arrival the villa doesn’t have the best entrance - held our breath for a minute there - but when we opened the door to our villa it was awesome! Exactly what we wanted, completely secluded - clean - spacious (it was actually huge) you could have fit 6 king beds in there easily!). The pool was a perfect size for us. We booked our complimentary massage and enjoyed it thoroughly. It was a great spa.
*Very quiet & private
*Always felt very safe
*Far away from the hustle & bustle
*Everything was really cleaning, great service from the staff cleaning our rooms.
* Far away from the hustle & bustle (good and bad for separate reasons..please read on)
* Food in the restaurant for breakfast/lunch & dinner was average if not poor, so it made eating in the hotel a struggle. We only ate breakfast the 1st 2 days. We tried a variety of food from the menu for lunch and dinner to give it our best shot. A lot of which we couldn’t even eat. In the end the best picks from the menu in our opinion was the garlic bread (if it came to you hot and not soggy from being wrapped up), the hot chips (if not soggy as above) and the Caesar salad.
Without a scooter, it’s impossible to get anywhere. We found a little gem a few hundred metres up the road called KembaIi (our of the villa turn right and it is on the left) The food was absolutely delicious! We ended up getting coffee and breakfast smoothies from there every morning. There is also a nice Thai restaurant a few doors down from Kembali that was nice food. If it wasn’t for those places - I don’t know where we would have eaten! Snacks from a mini mart you would need a scooter so go prepared if you don’t have one.
A side note, they don’t allow blue bird taxis, grab or the likes to pick people off from this area - local taxis only so keep that in mind. (They can drop you off)
Overall we loved the accommodation - we loved the people, it was just the food that let this place down.