What We Love
- A 15-minute welcome massage, round-trip airport transfers, a welcome drink, daily breakfast, a free minibar filled with soft drinks and juices, and transportation to/from town are included in the Jetsetter rate
- Huge pavilions equipped with a private pool, garden, daybed and outdoor shower
- 24-hour butlers on call
- Custom spa programs, including yoga, chakra healing and water therapy
What To Know
- A 10 percent service charge per night will be collected a the Jetsetter checkout
- Resort-wide wellness focus appeals to the health-conscious
- Children 16 and under are not permitted
- Not a true beach destination — it’s a 15-minute walk away (but the resort will drive you there for free)
- Holistic focus on food and a constant supply of fresh, organic produce
- Free late check-out (until midnight) is available for stays through March 31 2015 (except December 24 2014 to January 5 2015)
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
The Indian Ocean is only minutes away, but it’s not really the main attraction at the Balé. This luxe 29-pavilion retreat scores high on the hip factor, with its subtle attention to detail. Relaxation and decompression come easy here, especially at the spa, where world class yoga teachers share space with renowned healers. Geger Beach is within walking distance, but most guests prefer to stay on the property and lounge around the multilevel infinity pool.
Bed and Bath
The minimalist pavilions (the smallest of which measures 2,583 square feet) are designed for indoor/outdoor living. Each has a private garden, pool, outdoor daybed, sleek hand-styled furnishings and Zen-inspired touches, such as orchids and indoor and outdoor showers.
Upon arriving at the spa, each guest meets with a consultant to customize a program suited to his or her needs. Yoga, meditation, pranayama, healing massage and energy treatments are all offered alongside full-on detox programs, tai chi and martial arts. In keeping with the wellness theme, Bliss restaurant at the spa offers cuisine infused with local healing herbs. And Faces, the alfresco and healthier-than-you-know restaurant, is run by a charismatic chef; or enjoy tapas and signature cocktails at the newly-opened TAPA Bistro. You don’t have to be a spa aficionado to fall in love with the Balé, but chances are you’ll leave feeling energized and healthier than when you arrived. The ambience inspires you to surrender completely to the stress-reducing offerings at this smart lifestyle retreat.
How to Get There
The minute I checked it, the service was outstanding. The bed was super comfortable and I had the much needed rest and woke up fresh every morning. The food was out of this world yummy. Especially enjoyed the Satay Night with the Balinese Dance performance. Tapa also served amazing food and cocktails. A memory to last a lifetime. I would definitely recommend The Bale to friends.
I had my babymoon in the Bale and am impressed by the quality of the food and how comfy is the resort. It's not a very big resort but you got what you need with high privacy. I hardly see other guests although the resort is almost full when we were there. The inclusion of either a Spa treatment or dinner is a great addition because that is what you really need already and no need to search for other restaurants outside. Do try out the in room BBQ (with extra fee) but it's worth the money.
I recommend the property for relaxing and quality time. the staff are very friendly and helpful. the breakfast is delicious every morning. the villas are set up in a way that are calming and you can enjoy the water little water fountains scatterd throughout the property.
Absolutely the best staff in Bali. Rooms are incredibly spacious and super clean. A real luxurious treat. If you love busy hustle, then this place is not for you. Instead think peaceful quiet time in luxury surroundings
We spent all day in the villa, having breakfast and lunch in the courtyard, and just swam, read and slept, emerging late afternoon, showered, ready for a delicious dinner. Perfect for a total de-stress, and wonderfully quiet - just the sound of frangipani flowers dropping to the ground....