What We Love
- A 15-minute welcome massage, round-trip airport transfers, a welcome drink, daily breakfast, a free minibar filled with soft drinks and juices, and transportation to/from town are included in the Jetsetter rate
- Huge pavilions equipped with a private pool, garden, daybed and outdoor shower
- 24-hour butlers on call
- Custom spa programs, including yoga, chakra healing and water therapy
What To Know
- A 10 percent service charge per night will be collected a the Jetsetter checkout
- Resort-wide wellness focus appeals to the health-conscious
- Children 16 and under are not permitted
- Not a true beach destination — it’s a 15-minute walk away (but the resort will drive you there for free)
- Holistic focus on food and a constant supply of fresh, organic produce
- Free late check-out (until midnight) is available for stays through March 31 2015 (except December 24 2014 to January 5 2015)
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
The Indian Ocean is only minutes away, but it’s not really the main attraction at the Balé. This luxe 29-pavilion retreat scores high on the hip factor, with its subtle attention to detail. Relaxation and decompression come easy here, especially at the spa, where world class yoga teachers share space with renowned healers. Geger Beach is within walking distance, but most guests prefer to stay on the property and lounge around the multilevel infinity pool.
Bed and Bath
The minimalist pavilions (the smallest of which measures 2,583 square feet) are designed for indoor/outdoor living. Each has a private garden, pool, outdoor daybed, sleek hand-styled furnishings and Zen-inspired touches, such as orchids and indoor and outdoor showers.
Upon arriving at the spa, each guest meets with a consultant to customize a program suited to his or her needs. Yoga, meditation, pranayama, healing massage and energy treatments are all offered alongside full-on detox programs, tai chi and martial arts. In keeping with the wellness theme, Bliss restaurant at the spa offers cuisine infused with local healing herbs. And Faces, the alfresco and healthier-than-you-know restaurant, is run by a charismatic chef; or enjoy tapas and signature cocktails at the newly-opened TAPA Bistro. You don’t have to be a spa aficionado to fall in love with the Balé, but chances are you’ll leave feeling energized and healthier than when you arrived. The ambience inspires you to surrender completely to the stress-reducing offerings at this smart lifestyle retreat.
How to Get There
Amazing facilities, knowledgeable and extremely helpful staff. Breakfast was great highly recommend the Balè French Toast. We stayed in Villa 6 and could here some noise from the road during the night. If your sensitive to noise or a light sleeper ask for a villa further back
We spent 7 nights here for our honeymoon in May - the airport pickup service was excellent and the driver well informed and professional.
On arrival the check in was very friendly - the initial room we had had some issues with plumbing and WiFi connection however the team quickly moved us to another room once we reported the issues.
The food is exceptional and the waiting staff brilliant - all very friendly and well informed.
A special mention needs to go to GOBY - he made out stay brilliant
I would recommend anyone to stay at the Bale. The accommodations and food are excellent. The staff are friendly and helpful. It is not on the beach, but they have a private beach area which they will take you to on a golf cart. It’s a minute or two away, just across the street and down a short road to the beach.