Plataran Canggu Bali Resort and Spa
What We Love
- An intimate retreat with just 19 private villas set in tropical gardens
- The restaurant serves upscale Indonesian street food
- A 15-minute drive from both Echo Beach and Seminyak
- READ MORE: Your Perfect Week in Indonesia
What To Know
- Free shuttle to/from Seminyak
- Spacious villas start at 646 square feet
- The secluded vibe is perfect for couples
- Some villas have private pools, but there are also shared pools to plunge into
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
Set in tropical gardens the Plataran Canggu is a serene retreat a 15-minute drive from both Echo Beach and Seminyak. The 19 villas are authentic through and through, with traditional alang-alang (Balinese thatch) roofs, carved doorways, antique-style furniture and four-poster beds. Starting at 646 square feet, they all come with air conditioning and feature a private garden and a spacious bathroom with a tub (some are outdoors). Some villas have private pools, but there are communal pools dotted around the gardens to take a dip in. The Patio Restaurant serves international and traditional Indonesian street food with an upscale twist, including suckling pig and lobster bakso. Try your hand at one of the many activities on offer, such as a cooking class or rice planting, or kick back at the Padma spa with a classic Balinese massage.
In the Area
There is every chance that once you reach the Plataran Canggu Resort and Spa you will not want to leave, but if you do decide to explore, the resort is a short car ride from some top surfing beaches, cafés and restaurants. Seminyak, with its buzzing bars, enticing restaurant scene, quirky shops and vibrant markets, is a 15-minute taxi ride from the resort. Head to the beachside Ku De Ta for sundowners with a cool soundtrack. Echo Beach is around 15 minutes up the coast where seasoned surfers take on the waves by day, and a laid-back vibe takes over at night.
How to Get There
Me and my husband stayed at plataran for 2 nights and still can't moved on.
Their attention to detail are beyond extra!
We were greeted by Rian and he provided us with all the information we need about the resort. And also they took a picture of us as a part of our check in process and they will give us the hard copy of the photo with a frame before we check out from the hotel!
After we get back from our dinner, i found 1 plate of cookies on the table and they already set up the blanket so we can just slide in and the mosquito net already set up with each of our slipper on the side of our bed. How thoughtful is that?!
The ambiance of our villa is amaziing!!! Birds chirping every morning is very calming and you definetely wont get that in Bandung :(. Just what i need for my post op quick gateway.
Thank you so much Plataran Canggu for amazing experience, and thank you so much Rian! Hope to come back soon!
I will give you 10 star here!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
We stayed 5 nights in Plataran Canggu. The hotel is made of 19 bungalows. We had one with private pool. Beautiful hotel in the middle of nature in middle of the city. There is not too much noise and calm is pretty much what you will get in the hotel.
I will nevertheless happily encourage the hotel to make some slight changes in order to improve client experience:
- Breakfast buffet: Not the best buffet, pretty much only occidental pastry and always the same fruits that I don't believe it's seasonal fruits.
- Check out day, we got the information that we could make the checkout at 3PM and that there will book a transfer to the airport for 4 PM, the checkout was made in 10 minutes and we waited for 50 minutes the car besides calling the driver sooner. We waited in the reception with all our stuff all this time.
This is my first vacation in Bali. And staying at this resort was beyond my expectation. The best resort I have ever stayed with natural ambiance, good food, friendly staff. They have several great activities for the guest who just want staying in the resort during the day and I joined playing gamelan. Tulus and Mr. Lanang taught me very well and it was incredibly blown my mind that Balinese Gamelan were so great! Definitely will recommend this resort for vacation in Bali.