Kupu Kupu Jimbaran Beach Club & Spa by Loccitane
What We Love
- A pool-access suite at a five-star property with a L’Occitane spa and a private beach clubThe direct access from your suite to the contemporary rooftop pool deck
- Jimbaran Bay's only private beach club is owned by the hotel
- Jumping in a buggy for the two-minute ride to the beach
What To Know
- While free buggy service is provided, it's just a 5-minute walk if you opt to go on foot
- Complimentary afternoon tea is served at the Chocolate Cafe
- Free WiFi works well
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Located in Jimbaran (Jimbaran Bay), Kupu Kupu Jimbaran Beach Club & Spa by Loccitane is convenient to Udayana University and Benoa Square. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Balangan Beach and New Kuta Golf.
Make yourself at home in one of the 34 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Rooms have private balconies. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature rainfall showerheads and complimentary toiletries.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 2 outdoor swimming pools and a fitness center. Additional amenities at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Getting to the surf and sand is a breeze with the complimentary beach shuttle.
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 4 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access room service (during limited hours). Mingle with other guests at a complimentary reception, held daily. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Totally not worth the money. the photos are not what they seem. The hotel is located in a building with random restaurants full of constructions. As we all know $170 can fetch a real decent room in Bali so we were really excited to see how our duplex room would look when we checked in.
We thought this was a 5 star hotel but omg what a nightmare!!!
1. Staff gave us the wrong room (not duplex) until we questioned them twice, only did they realize they gave the wrong room to us lol. We almost paid for a more expensive room for nothing.
2. They don't rent scooter which almost all other hotels do. The hotel staff (this skinny guy in charge of the shuttle bus) took us to a scooter shop and tried to scam us by quoting almost twice the price for the scooter - 100k instead of the usual 70k (we have been using scooter in Bali for 2 weeks now so it was obvious we know the market price). Just disturbing that even the hotel staff is so dishonest.
2. The bathtub was super disgusting and filthy (water was brown) and I have pictures as proof.
3. The mini bar when they put their tea bags in our room were so filthy with stains! Super gross.
4. Air con living room shuts down every 15 mins.
5. The tv remote doesn't work until we switch the batteries.
6. Highlight of the hotel is their VERY tiny and smelly old looking lift, you have to witness it to believe it.
7. Breakfast restaurant is situated in the midst of some construction so it was not clean at all.
8. We booked this room via agoda and it was suppose to come with free afternoon tea but apparently the hotel emailed Agoda and CC me to tell me that they do not serve free noon tea since a long time ago and they wanted Agoda to clarify with me (yes I could read everything in the email lol) It's ludicrous that they can't clarify with me in person since I'm literally present at the hotel. We didn't really care much about the free noon tea but it was quite hilarious to see how Agoda and this hotel failed to communicate and made customers paid for extras for perks that do not exist.
All in all, this is the first time we paid such a price for such an old and filthy hotel. If it was a 30 bucks Airbnb listing we would have no expectations but nope we paid $170 for this joke.
We were so glad that we were only there for one night!
I booked on hotels.com. pictures were beautiful. Reality a nightmare! Dirt growing in the pool, green dirt in my bathtubs, burned and dirty pillows on seats on my balcony. Hotel have ever seen glass cleaning spray I guess. Smell terrible! Last minute searching for another hotel.
5 *?!!!! Pardon? I'm staying now in Hilton and u can't compare these two! I checked out after 1h - came seen took pictures and check out! And those thieves want me to pay!!!! No way! I DID NOT BOOK THIS STANDARD SINCE PICTURES SHOWS BEAUTIFUL CLEAN PLACE. And this looks like local dirty hostel!!!!
We had a great time at Kupu Kupu - we booked a couple of family rooms which were very comfortable although I don't really understand why they don't have a television in the communal living area.The rooms were very clean and well equipped with everything we needed. The breakfast at both the cafe and beach club were very good. We loved the swimming pool and found the whole experience very relaxing.
We used the spa as well, the staff were wonderful and the atmosphere of the spa very warm and inviting although the cost is quite high compared with other places around although that's what happens with a brand name.
The manager was wonderful and helped us all to arrange a special night out - we loved it and would recommend to anyone wanting to stay in Jimbaran.
If you looking for romantic hotel at jimbaran area, this could be on your list! Stay for 2 nights only to spend our weekend :)
Hotel lobby can be recognize next to indian food : Tandoor restaurant, and their lobby is not an open area, you will see 2 big wooden doors and their signature yellow buggy car infront of lobby
Upon check in, welcome drink served with cold towel, and We get free upgrade room from uluwatu suites to duplex villa with pool view... very nice at first sight! But unfortunately at night the aircon on second floor (bed area) not work properly, we asked moved to another room at midnight but we’re not too comfortable with the room ~> the access pass through many stairs , risky for expectant mother like me....
Because the hotel was full , so we don’t have another choice ... we mus wait until next day (our last night) ... finally we moved again to uluwatu suites and we really love it !
Each room we stay has bathtub , huge space for 2 person
We tried their massage too at bamboo spa by L’occitane , awesome and a must try!
If you want to go to beach club, you can go by walking (300m away) or hop on to their buggy
Famous Seafood restaurant also near the beach club . Their staffs are friendly and nice !
For breakfast on saturday we have set menu , on sunday we have buffet style.
The restaurant name is chocolate cafe , famous for its chocolate , they also have japanese restaurant inside
Overall I can say its really worth money for couple or family .
We stayed there in Oct. 2018. Our room had a wonderful view it was also luxurious and beautifully decorated. The staff were super friendly. We asked for them to store our bags for a couple of days and they did with out a problem. The breakfast was amazing with great variety and again fantastic views. The hotel is a little bit far from Ubud, but easily accessible through a 15 min. taxi ride. This place is perfect for a romantic getaway.