What We Love
- Shuttle service up to Karma Kandara, the resort’s sister hotel, where a special lift takes guests down an 85-foot cliff to a Mykonos-style beach
- Balinese cooking classes
- Guest rooms with large private pools
What To Know
- The villas have an indoor-outdoor open plan, meaning some of their living areas aren’t useable in rainy weather
- While certain facilities are available 24 hours, room service shuts down at 11 p.m.
- Children under the age of 12 dine for free
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
The resort’s 40 villas, which range in size from one to six bedrooms, are inspired by classical Balinese architecture, with two or three pavilions surrounding a courtyard garden with a swimming pool, outdoor shower, and sun loungers. The Karma Lounge restaurant is open-air and surrounded by tropical palms and sweet-smelling frangipani trees. The chefs prepare local dishes and Western comfort food using ingredients from nearby farms, and live musicians often play anything from jazz and blues to traditional Balinese gamalan music. The Karma Spa offers an array of treatments from oxygen infusion facials to Balinese massage.
In the Area
The resort is on the shores of Jimbaran Bay, the hub of Bali’s nightlife and surf scene. The Pura Luhur Uluwatu temple, the most sacred of the eight cardinal temples on the island, is located just a 15-minute drive away; it’s dramatically suspended on a rock outcropping high above the waves. The concierges can also arrange game fishing, whitewater rafting, Balinese cooking classes, cultural encounters in ancient villages, shopping in local markets, climbing a volcano, scuba diving with giant manta rays, and kite surfing.
How to Get There
The villa was very spacious and well presented. The location of this resort in Jimbaran is fantastic, very close to the beach and the many restaurants in the area. A supermarket is also very close for ant supplies that you require. We will be back.
Stayed at this resort now 4 times maybe 5 as I have to count. This is why we like this resort
1. It’s location near ATMs, shops, restaurants, beauty and massage places and close to airport and Kuta
2. Staff are terrific and there is low turnover so often the same faces
3. It’s clean and well run showers are good & love the bath tubs
4. It’s small and friendly
5. The Intercontinental is opposite and if you want to you can go use their facilities for the price of some food and drink although personally I have not had a single decent meal there out of 5 tries
6. The restaurant is fabulous and we have enjoyed some superb dishes by chef Pande with 25% discount for members.
7. The spa is very good and members of Karma get 25% off in the spa p, I used it every day this stay😀
Best rooms are away from road noise and if you are disabled upstairs rooms have about 16 steps to negotiate
We stayed this time in room 8 upstairs on the road, we don’t mind the noise but some would and it maybe beneficial for management to consider double glazing of Windows or some sound proofing for these rooms windows . In the past we’ve stayed in 11 and 12 which are very quiet.
I would also like to note the TV in the restaurant should be turned off and not left running at high volume with Indonesian programmes whilst guests are eating. Small thing but constructive criticism
Thank you to all staff esp Friti, Joni, Madi, Wira, Sudi , the other very beautiful lady on reception whose name I can’t recall & security also thank you for letting us watch the FIFA World Cup at 2am in the restaurant ❤️
The cleaning staff were very pleasant and willing but seemed to be without guidance as they repeatedly missed providing us with towels. It was incumbent upon us to check their work.. There appeared to be a lack of alignment from supervisory staff.
Great location with friendly staff. The cooking class with fish and fruit market visit is a must do, we took our 4 children and they were fascinated, so nice to have the Karma Chef on hand, buying the produce `off the boat` and then cooking with us in our Villa, brilliant.
We had a 4BR villa in a quiet location with a beautiful pool - it was an easy walk to the beach and the shops. Our villa was well appointed, beds were comfortable and daily housekeeping were efficient and friendly.