Gending Kedis Luxury Villas & Spa Estate
What We Love
- The Jetsetter rate includes 24-hour butler service, buffet breakfast, a shuttle service to the immediate Jimbaran area and daily afternoon tea
- In most two-bed villas the pool sits between the bedrooms; ideal for couples traveling together or families with teenage children
- All villas have private plunge pools
What To Know
- The villas trade views for privacy
- Encountering other guests is rare; this is a quiet getaway, not a social resort
- There is wildlife on the property, so check your shower for gecko guests
- Free WiFi
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Jimbaran Bay isn’t nicknamed “the Beverly Hills of Bali” for nothing. The drive up to Gending Kedis affords numerous millisecond peeks at multimillion-dollar villas nearly hidden on clifftops and hills. Then you arrive at your own tropical residence, where you’ll meet your private butler and get a tour of your one-, two-, three- or four-bedroom villa. With only 21 villas in total, each with a private pool, a living room and a full kitchen (complete with all the tools for turning a just-caught lobster into the main course), Gending Kedis is a bit like a self-contained town — only an ultra-exclusive one.
Bed and Bath
Talented designer Yani Hadisuwarno is behind the villa interiors, which consist of beautiful Balinese teak furniture, heavy raw silk curtains and Chinese artwork. The bedrooms are decked out with polished hardwood or stone floors and oriental rugs, and have luxe four-poster beds with billowing white canopies. Many of the marble and stone bathrooms come with their own freestanding tub, and each villa has a private swimming pool. For the ultimate indulgence, check into the sirap-roofed four-bedroom villa and swim laps in the enormous infinity pool as you soak up sweeping views of the lush gorge.
Gending Kedis isn’t just about private plunge pools.; there’s a large shared pool and sundeck with lounge beds just beyond reception and the restaurant and this is where you’ll find the sun’s rays most of the day. (Pro tip: Cocktail service is quicker here than in-villa delivery.) For beachside lounging, butlers are on hand to ferry you to and from the private Jimbaran Beach Club (or anywhere in the Jimbaran area) with the free shuttle service. Named for the beautiful turquoise river kingfishers that can be seen from the deck, the alfresco Alcedo restaurant looks out over the lagoon and dishes up traditional Asian and Balinese cuisine. Or if you’re after more privacy, you can plump for a candlelit barbecue on your pool deck. There’s also a spa that has three treatment rooms and a dedicated reflexology room, a fitness center and a hair salon.
In the Area
A 10-minute ride from Gending Kedis is the vast Ayana Resort and its famous Rock Bar. Head straight for the cliffs and look down — the bar is built on platforms rising just above the waves and a tiny funicular will take you down to sip mojitos facing the western horizon. For the freshest seafood warung (casual eatery), try Teba Mega, where the catch of the day is weighed, barbecued and delivered to you surfside. Bali is a surfer’s paradise; you can rent your own board or just watch the pros do it. Choose a beach: Balangan, Dreamland, Bingin or Padang-Padang. All are known for their stellar breaks and the type of surfing you see on ESPN. For some serious shopping take a 30-minute taxi ride to Carga for wood goods, batik linens and other household items made on the island. Just next to the hotel is Biku, a combination bookshop/brunch spot/teahouse under one colonial roof.
How to Get There
1. The washrooms were smelly.
2. The hotel was very stingy with toiletries. We got 1 soap for our 4 day stay!!
3. Encountered lizards in our room.
4. The property is old and the doors dint close, the DVD player was broken, the AC did not work.
5. They claimed to give us an upgrade but locked on room! Very racist staff.
6. When we checked out a member went into the rooms while we waited to check if we had stolen anything from the hotel! Absolutely ridiculous and demeaning behaviour.
7. I’m a Marriot Gold elite member and decided to give the local hotels a chance but it was a PATHETIC EXPERIENCE.
8. Don’t trust the ratings. They are fraud.
This place is amazing. The chalet is clean with a nice size private pool. The chalet is spacious with very comfortable room and bed. I enjoyed interacting with the staff, they are extremely friendly and welcoming. I also enjoyed their breakfast. I like the fact that I can have it as room service without extra fee. Overall it’s a very relaxing place. I would go back again
An extremely pleasant relaxing stay with friends, very clean villa, very attentive staff, nothing too much trouble. Although a good restaurant within Gending Kedis, plenty of good restaurants and eateries nearby and beaches also close by. Very happy to recommend Gending Kedis for families and friends