Belmond Jimbaran Puri
What We Love
- Daily buffet breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate?
- Top beachfront location on protected Jimbaran Bay?
- Two restaurants specializing in seafood?
- The spa uses natural ingredients?
What To Know
- The resort is certainly romantic, but villas are good for families, too
- The Uluwatu Peninsula is known for its water sports; the hotel can arrange scuba diving, parasailing and kayaking
- Free WiFi
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
As one of the original properties on Bali’s Jimbaran Beach, on the narrow neck of Bali’s south coast, Belmond Jimbaran Puri has an air of elegance and tradition. Surrounded by lush vegetation and pristine beaches, this secluded retreat is set on a majestic four acres of grounds and manicured lawns. Here it’s all about the natural look, with polished wood or marble floors, swaths of muslin and thatch roofs. Such Balinese elements as bamboo, coral and blooming lotus are used throughout the resort, and authentic Balinese artwork dots the walls.
Bed and Bath
Due to the shape and location of the property, each of the 64 cottages and villas is close to the beach. In 2009 the resort added new pool villas; the huge One-Bedroom Deluxe Pool Villas have their own gardens with gazebos and private terraces with a pool. Though not as large, the Garden View Cottage Suites are still spacious and have high teak ceilings and contemporary furnishings. The Two-Bedroom Garden View Pool Cottages and Luxury Cottages have spacious bathrooms with sunken terrazzo bathtubs and powerful overhead rain showers.
Guests have two restaurants to choose from: beachside Nelayan, which specializes in fish, and Tunjung, where an American breakfast is served each morning. Between meals, be sure to visit the large stone-lined swimming pool and the Beach Spa, which uses products made from natural ingredients. The Balinese Coffee Scrub is an ideal pick-me-up, using fine-ground home-grown coffee and volcanic pumice from Mount Agung. And after a day at the beach, a Jasmine Javanese treatment will exfoliate away the effects of the hot Balinese sun.
How to Get There
Beautiful staff , amazing setting, you can experience the natural beauty, culture and gracious hospitality of Bali from your Bale . I love all the birds and the gardens.
Great food, great pool , love the rooms and beds are really GOOD .
Still Paradise .....
- Cottage/villa size & cleanliness
- Amazing outdoor shower (like bathing at a holy temple)
- Five-star staff service & efficiency
- Complimentary fruits & tea daily
- Huge swimming pool (kids-friendly too)
- Hotel transport service (price basically the same as outside drivers/tours)
- Toiletries (OK but could be better)
- No fitness (but given the beach a few metres away, who needs it anyway!
- On-site Nelayan restaurant (not that special)
We chose this hotel which is directly on the beach after a reccomendation from a friend. It is a great hotel. The frilled food in the restaurant is really tasty and very reasonable. The service is great and not obtrusive. I really liked the large pool. If its your birthday they decorate your villa outside. The Villas are very spaciois and well equipped. Ours, number 20, was next to a very old hindu doorway which must be part of an all shrine. Really cool. On the last day we had a late flight at night but I was ill and they let is stay in the room for free until we had to leave at 9pm which was a nice touch. I would definately reccomend this hotel. Oh, and it very quiet and balinese spa massage was really relaxing