Banyan Tree Ungasan
What We Love
- Buffet breakfast at Bambu Restaurant is included in the Jetsetter rate
- Stepping into your private infinity pool straight from your bedroom
- Five majestic Hindu temples on the property's acreage
- Spa products are handmade 30 minutes before treatments
- Exceptional fine dining with a dramatic ocean view at Ju-Ma-Na
- The Tuesday authentic fire dance spectacular and the Saturday Legomng dance show
- Given the resort's southern location, you can witness sunrise at certain times of the year, sunsets at others
What To Know
- A 10 percent hotel service charge per room, per night, will be collected upon checkout from Jetsetter
- The resort’s location on the cliffs makes a golf cart necessary to descend to the beach (along with more than 100 stairs)
- Beaches are too rough for swimming or water sports but are good for laying out, and they have great point breaks for advanced surfers
- Given the tiered cliffside architecture, views from certain villas are interrupted by the roofs of other villas
- A taxi ride is necessary to reach any kind of local life
- There is a compulsory New Year's Eve Gala dinner on December 31st, costing $236 plus tax for adults and $118 plus tax for children
- In March, practicing Hindus celebrate Silent Day. Please see The Details section for more information.
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Banyan Tree Ungasan in Ungasan (Uluwatu), you’ll be close to Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park. This 5-star resort is within the vicinity of New Kuta Golf and New Kuta Green Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 73 air-conditioned rooms featuring private pools and LCD televisions. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while DVD players and cable programming provide entertainment. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 2 outdoor swimming pools, a health club, and bicycles to rent. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). If you’d like to spend the day shopping, you can hop on the complimentary shuttle.
Grab a bite at one of the resort’s 3 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink from a poolside bar or one of the 2 bars/lounges.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a business center, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in Ungasan? This resort has 2002 square feet (186 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
The view from the villa is amazing! We can overlook the indian ocean from the window. They put everything in detail with huge bathroom and walk in closet, living room and private infinity pool. We enjoyed the floating breakfast, it's really nice. All the staff and service also amazing. We'll sure be back and recommend this villa. Keep up the good work
Our arrival at Banyan Tree Ungasan was announced with a staff member striking a large gong. We were then escorted to the reception, where a staff member performed a welcome ceremony.
We stayed for 2 nights in Villa 219 which is a cliff edge villa, and the view overlooking the Indian Ocean did not disappoint. The villa was huge and luxurious and well appointed. The bedroom doors open directly onto the pool, and waking up to that view was a delight each morning. We spent many hours in our private pool and lounging in the bale, just taking in that stunning view.
We treated ourselves to the in-villa western barbecue on our first night and there was so much food, we couldn't finish everything. I don't normally like hotel buffet breakfasts, but the food on offer was excellent - there was even sparking white wine, and not long after finishing, the waiter would be by my side with the bottle asking if I would like a top up. We could also order breakfast from a menu - the lobster truffle scrambled eggs are a must try.
The resort has an instagram worthy infinity pool, with a view out onto the Indian Ocean. We had a short dip in the pool, but preferred the privacy of our villa pool.
Access to the beach is by buggy ride and then a walk down approx 100 steps. There you will be greeted by a staff member who will direct you to a cordoned off area with loungers for hotel guests only.
The staff are very friendly and quite a number of staff had even greeted us by name, without us having introduced ourselves first.
This is a luxury resort, so expect to pay high prices for any paid services/meals/drinks.
Thank you Banyan Tree for the wonderful stay.
Everything was good. Nothing bothered me during my stay except coffee machine. There was a plastic container size of the water pump of the mahine. It was filled with the water. Because I could not see the full view of the machine i could not trust the water in it. May be better to change to anothet type of machine.
Full review and stay details pending until the general management contact us to try to amend the multiple issues we had during our stay.
Only piece of advice I can give to future travelers is to make sure there is no wedding celebration planned during your stay: construction noises at 3AM, pool and restaurants closed, the day after you'll see trash and wedding leftovers throughout the property.
Check in counter was wonderful, friendly staffs. Serpentine journey to the villa, but it was amazing. The villa was so wonderful. When you open your door, you can see beautiful view of the ocean. The food? Mmm.. so tasty.. if you want to have an amazing experience for your holiday or honeymoon, this is place is very very recommended. I'll stay there again in my next holiday..