Banyan Tree Ungasan
What We Love
- Buffet breakfast at Bambu Restaurant is included in the Jetsetter rate
- Stepping into your private infinity pool straight from your bedroom
- Five majestic Hindu temples on the property's acreage
- Spa products are handmade 30 minutes before treatments
- Exceptional fine dining with a dramatic ocean view at Ju-Ma-Na
- The Tuesday authentic fire dance spectacular and the Saturday Legomng dance show
- Given the resort's southern location, you can witness sunrise at certain times of the year, sunsets at others
What To Know
- A 10 percent hotel service charge per room, per night, will be collected upon checkout from Jetsetter
- The resort’s location on the cliffs makes a golf cart necessary to descend to the beach (along with more than 100 stairs)
- Beaches are too rough for swimming or water sports but are good for laying out, and they have great point breaks for advanced surfers
- Given the tiered cliffside architecture, views from certain villas are interrupted by the roofs of other villas
- A taxi ride is necessary to reach any kind of local life
- There is a compulsory New Year's Eve Gala dinner on December 31st, costing $236 plus tax for adults and $118 plus tax for children
- In March, practicing Hindus celebrate Silent Day. Please see The Details section for more information.
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Banyan Tree Ungasan in Ungasan (Uluwatu), you’ll be close to Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park. This 5-star resort is within the vicinity of New Kuta Golf and New Kuta Green Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 73 air-conditioned rooms featuring private pools and LCD televisions. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while DVD players and cable programming provide entertainment. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 2 outdoor swimming pools, a health club, and bicycles to rent. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). If you’d like to spend the day shopping, you can hop on the complimentary shuttle.
Grab a bite at one of the resort’s 3 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink from a poolside bar or one of the 2 bars/lounges.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a business center, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in Ungasan? This resort has 2002 square feet (186 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Recently spent two nights in a cliff edge pool villa. Truly stunning villa and view, just a couple of things let the hotel down as a whole.
Room service was very expensive and quality of food poor. There was a panel of screening wood missing from the roof in our villa which allowed a view through the bathroom windows from the villa above. When we told management they sent someone down but didn't seem to understand the problem or be interested in fixing it, just reassured us no one was trying to look in... We had a flower bath which was lovely but water was cold by the time it was ready so we had to let out most of the water and refill the bath. We also paid extra for canapes and cocktails at the pool bar which consisted of a samosa, spring roll and sausage roll, hardly worth 450k idr each.
The buffet breakfast was lovely and service great. And as above the villa itself was beautiful and well appointed with a truly spectacular view. We expected to pay a premium and for resort to be expensive but overall I didn't think the quality of what we recieved justified the price.
Celebrating my 21st Birthday at Banyan Tree. Alfa the bartender at the pool bar has been nothing but helpful. He is friendly and is more than happy to have a chat. Alfa makes the most amazing cocktails. He is the best in Bali.
We arrived the hotel with the late check-in, but everything were of course ready for us. Well receiving with traditional blessing with flowers and rice on our forehead :). Their dinner at local Balinese restaurant was so delicious and spicy. Good for those coming from SEA. We got a pool villa which was extremely huge and beautiful. Jacuzzi next to the pool... wow wow wow. It took us a while to find all the switches. We didn't even have time to take photos as many as we wanted lol... Everything in the villa were well maintained. Our villa was on the 2nd row (as I remember), so did a little hiking between the villa and the beach. There're a lot to say about things i like here. But it's gonna be too long. Go and experience it yourself <3 <3 <3