Alila Villas Uluwatu
What We Love
- Stunning clifftop location, with Indian Ocean views everywhere
- The elegant five-room spa, with half-day and daylong programs
- Authentic cuisine at the Warung (from an open kitchen)
- Personalized service: A butler is assigned to each villa
- All villas have a private pool
- The first resort in Bali built to EarthCheck’s building, planning and design standards
What To Know
- The location is remote; it’s an hour to Seminyak’s shopping and nightlife
- The sea here is too rough for swimming, though there are renowned surfing spots nearby
- There’s a 24-hour fitness center with yoga classes
- Some verandas are suspended over shared walkways—very romantic but not entirely private
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Set along 35 clifftop acres on Bali’s rustic Bukit Peninsula, this resort balances a striking modern style with a commendable environmental commitment. The 84 individual villas feature spacious, uncluttered interiors, private pools and plush outdoor spots, some with panoramic views. In-room amenities run from the expected, like free WiFi and an iPod dock, to aromatic bespoke his-and-hers body products and movie star–worthy sun hats. A butler is assigned to each villa; he or she attends to each guest as much or as little as requested. The staff is so engaging that most guests quickly find themselves reliant. The bamboo-clad spa is a must, with a calming ambience, well-trained therapists, and an extensive menu of creative and restorative treatments. The repeating wood pattern throughout creates a simple but contemporary look that’s sustainable, thanks to renowned Singapore architectural firm WOHA. As for dining, Cire delivers inventive, fruit-filled breakfasts and healthy Western fare like marinated mackerel served with salmon roe vinaigrette and seared king prawns atop black rice risotto, enjoyed in a dining room decorated with 2,500 antique batik stamps. The Warung’s authentic Balinese dishes, like satay lilit and ayam betutu with red rice, are a good choice for sunset nibbles or a full Indonesian feast. And after indulging, it’s off to bed for a night’s rest—with the only sound the croak of geckos under the clear night sky.
In the Area
Head to Seminyak, an hour away, for butter-soft leather bags and python flip-flops at Wrkshp13, Prada-inspired frocks with Balinese prints at Namu (Jalan Petitenget 234X), and some good karma from crystal-infused bling at Anna Michielan. Sate your sweet tooth with homemade raw chocolates and other organic treats at the Bukit outpost of Bali Buddha. The black coral rock and the 11th-century temple of Pura Luhur Uluwatu make for a stunning sight, hugging the Bukit cliffs. Locals believe the temple guards the island against evil spirits. Booked through the resort, Alila Journeys can include visits to leading Balinese artists, private kitchen time with the hotel chef and visits to community projects supported by the hotel.
How to Get There
* There are limited kind of food so Need to improve more kind of food and sametime need to improve the quality of food as well.
* The Villas location is away from the main road so in ths case will be better to operate shuttle for
This is a place you want to stay at least once on a trip to Bali. Incredible rooms impeccable customer service and spectacular location. We had a wonderful experience from the moment we arrived until we left. Highly recommend the half day spa package
We stayed at the Alila Villas last week for 3 nights and were absolutely overwhelmed by the resort. It was heaven on earth. So relaxing and what a view. The villas and pool were so comfortable, the restaurants served amazing food at very reasonable prices and the massages at the spa fantastic. By far the standout were the staff themselves who could not have been more friendlier. They addressed us by our names - how they remember I will never know and were always so helpful and everything was provided with huge smiles. A special thank you to Wiwa who was absolutely lovely and a massive credit to your resort. My only regret was not staying an additional night. This resort is perfect for those who want superb quality and service in a breathtaking location that is quiet and relaxing.